Why are Lineage and Lineage 2 still on the list when they haven't reported numbers since 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Why are Lineage and Lineage 2 still on the list when they haven't reported numbers since 2008?
    I think it just shows everyone from last report date.

10+ Year Old Account
    interesting I was surprised to see Aion had >2 million subs and is still going F2P. I wonder how many it requires to maintain a game like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting data, thanks for linking it
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post
    interesting I was surprised to see Aion had >2 million subs and is still going F2P. I wonder how many it requires to maintain a game like that.
    It's only f2p in Europe.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, the graph of Total Active Subscriptions is very interesting, since it shows that the total MMO market is not only not growing, but also slightly declining. Consequently, one cannot do miracles on subs numbers anymore
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Actually, the graph of Total Active Subscriptions is very interesting, since it shows that the total MMO market is not only not growing, but also slightly declining. Consequently, one cannot do miracles on subs numbers anymore
    The subscription based market has stagnated. We've known this for years. The F2P market is still growing though, and revenue from cash shops are about to eclipse subscription revenue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    The subscription based market has stagnated. We've known this for years. The F2P market is still growing though, and revenue from cash shops are about to eclipse subscription revenue.
    You just have to look at TF2 to see how F2P can work well and not affect the game in a negative way (buying weapons which arent available for free in game etc).. also the community can make, and if picked sell their items in the store. After 1 year community made items made their creators over $2m which just goes to show how popular this new system is becoming. Obviously alot of developers still have terrible F2P models but with more and more games being annouced as F2P we can already see how big the market is getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talorh View Post
    It's only f2p in Europe.
    No it's going F2P in America too in April when patch 3.0 is released.