Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Transmog and RNG - BC HCs

Hey there!

I know that there might be a few threads about this topic already but I just felt like sharing this with you.

I love to transmog my alts with cool sets and almost all of them are already in my inventory or bank. Well not on my new DK (my new main).

So I wanted to find a nice looking set that fits my female Draenei DK and after browsing wowhead´s transmog page http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-sets I came to a nice paladin T2 recolor. I know that the char is a DK but I like to RP and a DK was most likely a Pala before being turned by the LK and so I think that set looks cool.

The set consists of 7 pieces of gear:

Helm - Mekgineer Steamrigger - Steamvault
    Shoulders - Omor the Unscarred - Heroic Hellfire Ramparts
    Chest - Grandmaster Vorpil - Shadow Labs
    Waist - Rokmar the Crackler - Heroic Slave Pens
    Wrists - Broggok - Heroic Blood Furnace
    Legs - Hungarfen - Heroic The Underbog
    Hands - Nazan & Vazruden - Heroic Hellfire Ramparts
    Boots - Capt. Skarloc - Heroic Old Hillsbrad Foothills

So whats the point of the thread? RNG. I started to farm this set 17 days ago and quickly got a lot of pieces. The shoulders dropped the second HC ramparts run and same goes with the chest (4th run), helm (1st run). The boots dropped on the 7th run.

I am still missing the hands, wrists and legs and after the 17th kill today they never dropped and this just sucks.

So I was thinking about a solution for the whole Outland transmog problem.

1.) Why not remove most of the BC HCs from the daily lockout, except of Sethekk Halls and Magisters Terrace because of the mounts. Where is the point in having an instance like Mana Tombs on a daily HC lockout? This would relief most of the frustrating transmog farms.

2.) Currently each boss in the BC HCs drops 1 piece of gear, endbosses 2, I think. Why doesn´t Blizz change that so that every boss drops atleast 2 pieces of gear, not only Endbosses. This would reduce the time for those farms a lot.

3.) Set the limit of new instances per hour at least to 7. You know the whole "You have entered too many instances recently".

At last I want to ask you about your opinion on transmog farming in BC HCs and the heavily involved RNG and I would like to hear your storys about RNG on gear and especially transmog gear.

BTW: You can find the transmog set and a lot of matching weapons, cloaks and stuff here: http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=404#comments

Deleted
    Why dosent they just hand them the gear? Why remove every part of the game that takes time?

I find nothing wrong with the rng, as I am even happier when I finally get the pieces I wanted.

Deleted
    17 kills and not seeing a (roughly) 20% drop is not too unlikely and its not like a raid lockout that lasts 7 days.

You're also ignoring people who want to run that content at the right level. Your changes completely alter content for them.

Just keep trying and they will drop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want wrists anyway? And doesn't Chest cover the legs?

Working as intended.

15+ Year Old Account
    It should be pointed out that removing just BC heroics from the universal daily heroic reset would take far more time to implement than it would for you to just do them once a day and get the items you're looking for.

Time that can be spent working on other much more important things.

Just keep plugging at it. If I can get a Sun Eater, you can get some blues. :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Why would you want wrists anyway? And doesn't Chest cover the legs?
    The gloves of the purple judgement don't entirely hide the skin like gloves do today. Instead, they leave a bit of your forearm showing. Wrists remedy that.

The cassock of the loyal (skirt) is actually the legs, not the upper body, either. Just like Paladin T2 Judgement, which the legs were also the skirt.

RNG is RNG, and you just have bad luck.

I got this set so far back... I never knew how popular it would become among plate users so I just stopped using it, stashed it in my Void Storage and now make all my gear look like the LFR-colored (green) DK Tier 13 (this tier). Looks awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    why spend time on burning crusade heroics when they could use the time too develope content and work on MoP?

Deleted
    Sorry I don't sympathise with the OP, I think its a huge privilege we are allowed to solo obtain that amazing looking set at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I experienced the same frustrations when farming the set for my paladin.
    Apparently, I didn't learn from my experience farming the T2 recolour for my Druid and went back for more punishment :-O
    I wouldn't want to alter the experience though - made it that much more satisfying when I finally got all the pieces together.
    The set is common enough as it is, if they made it any easier to obtain, half the plate wearers on my server would be running around in it
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh It's working as intended OP, I agree RNG is frustrating; Hell it took me 30+ Days to get a dagger of mine -.-

It's an overused transmog set anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG... I farmed the BC heroics for the recolored Ten Storms for my shaman, and it took over a month to get it all. Then we get into BC raids, and after six solid months of trying, Gruul STILL won't drop my shield. That's life, RNG means you'll keep going back til you get what you're after...

---------- Post added 2012-03-05 at 12:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kheng View Post
    This too. At least on the servers where I play, you can't swing a dead cat in SW OR Org without hitting six people in that set. I've actually ended up in LFD groups where everyone but me was wearing that set.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Well not on my realm I rarely see anyone in that gear and to be honest I would not mind if anyone was wearing that set because I am not that "special snowflake" guy.

I am looking forward to farming Ramparts, BF and Bog for the next 2 months :/

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    I am not that "special snowflake" guy.
    I have no idea what this is.

Deleted
    You are clearly kidding !! You know those guys who whine when someone has their super hard to earn mount or something. They want to look unique and would never wear a gear set that everyone has.

I don´t mind if I am not the only one with this set and no "special snowflake".

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A person that wants to stand out / be unique from the rest of the crowd which isn't a bad thing in my honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    A person that wants to stand out / be unique from the rest of the crowd which isn't a bad thing in my honest opinion.
    I see it thrown around a lot and figured this was what it meant. Being unique is bad?

I've never seen anybody "whine" about anyone getting what they have. I've seen people complain when what they worked hard for is trivialized. From what I understood it was never about being unique but about effort versus reward.

I see it thrown around a lot and figured this was what it meant. Being unique is bad?

I've never seen anybody "whine" about anyone getting what they have. I've seen people complain when what they worked hard for is trivialized. From what I understood it was never about being unique but about effort versus reward.
    Its usually used in a more extreme context. First off no one in WoW is unique, its not possible with so many players. So its used as a term for a "kid" who doesnt want to share his toys, like hes the only one who deserves to have that mount, or that title, or that gear, whatever.

Anyway on topic, I kinda think this is what makes transmog more interesting and keeps you coming back. Just like the rest of loot in the game, its the carrot on the stick.