Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    That's not how rake is coded. The initial hit is the same as a DoT tick, aka they do the same damage.
    Only since 4.2.

Before 4.2, the initial damage was different from the bleed damage and there's no technical reason why they couldn't just change the initial damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not how rake is coded. The initial hit is the same as a DoT tick, aka they do the same damage.
    Rake the target for 118 Bleed damage and an additional 590 Bleed damage over 15 sec. Awards 1 combo point.
    The way I read this, the initial hit is not the same as the DoT tick. I guess I'm not reading that correctly. I did test it and you are right, the numbers are the same, the tooltip just reads weird I guess. I was getting ~7.5k for the initial and tick for hits and ~15k for crits

All that being said tho, I wouldn't mind them balancing toward DD if that's the way they're going to go because using Rake to generate CPs just seems gross. I'm definitely eagerly awaiting the notes on this one.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TekGoNos View Post
    Only since 4.2.

Before 4.2, the initial damage was different from the bleed damage and there's no technical reason why they couldn't just change the initial damage.
    I'd like to see that, I'm really liking the way feral is playing right now, with the exception of having to use Rake to get max DPS. Seems like the easiest fix for them to do and will have the least impact on numbers, if they are happy with them currently that is.
    Last edited by Garth; 2012-09-07 at 10:46 PM.

It's not that they couldn't change how Rake's damage is coded, I just meant that it would be a little more than just changing a number. Unless they have a motive to care about Rake's current DoT damage then they probably wouldn't bother.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

They buff the mangle, shred, but forgot to buff of shred!

gear 409
    mastery 1771
    with shred glyphs

Pic1 Rake damage,

Pic2 Shred damage,

Pic3 Shred! damage,

Shred! with Tiger's Fury, however, the damage lower than shred.
    Last edited by scorpio0920; 2012-09-08 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    So i heard you like rake and thrash...
    Great name for a Death Metal band.

15+ Year Old Account
    intresting so with my HC DS gear and mastery i should use rake as filler even if i jsut end up refreshing the dot?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

It's not advisable at the moment considering the supposed rake nerf, but once we get some actual numbers we'll see if it's still viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    intresting so with my HC DS gear and mastery i should use rake as filler even if i jsut end up refreshing the dot?
    The plan is to cook the numbers so this is not the way to go anymore, I wouldn't get too comfortable using Rake as a filler.

Deleted
    how long time do you guys think i will take for blizzard to fix Shred damage scaling with Tiger's Fury i mean if they are so fast to nerf us i think they should be as fast to make us working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    how long time do you guys think i will take for blizzard to fix Shred damage scaling with Tiger's Fury i mean if they are so fast to nerf us i think they should be as fast to make us working as intended.
    It honestly won't take that long. I'm sure they are really tied up finishing off the rest of the classes and other bugs before launch. If I had to put an exact date on it, it would be the 25th when MoP drops.

Having it completely fixed right now isn't all that necessary because let's face it, progression in DS has long been over and our overall damage is still comparable to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth View Post
    The plan is to cook the numbers so this is not the way to go anymore, I wouldn't get too comfortable using Rake as a filler.
    Unfortunately this has never turned out well for Feral. Such shifts invariably turn out to be nerfs.

I do a more rigorous test.

Almost confirm, Shred! NOT buff.

No any proc buff, just Tiger's Fury and bleed up.

Shred min: 16492 max: 41713
    Shred! min: 14310 max: 32993
    Shred/TF min: 19729 max: 47187
    Shred!/TF min: 16452 max: 40176
    Consider frontal condition, Mangle/TF Shred!/TF, they have the same damage. (maybe Mangle/TF a bit higher, or because RNG)
    Mangle cost 35 EN, Shred! cost 40 EN.
    Shred of Glyph is useless any more.
    Mangle/TF min: 16822 max: 40833
    Shred!/TF min: 16452 max: 40176
    Mangle min: 13834 max: 35574
    Shred! min: 14310 max: 32993
    Last edited by scorpio0920; 2012-09-09 at 06:33 AM.

Deleted
    Yup been running about today testing and it seems like only mangle got buffed....This wont be intended (i hope!)

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    Yup been running about today testing and it seems like only mangle got buffed....This wont be intended (i hope!)
    That's not what he was saying... He was saying that they buffed Shred but did not buff Glyph of Shred.

Deleted
    That's not what he was saying... He was saying that they buffed Shred but did not buff Glyph of Shred.
    shreds not giving me buffed numbers at all....

First time I've heard anyone say that...

I just did a short test on the dummy and my Shreds were hitting exactly 20% (+/- 0.5%) harder than my mangles.

Deleted
    First time I've heard anyone say that...

I just did a short test on the dummy and my Shreds were hitting exactly 20% (+/- 0.5%) harder than my mangles.
    yeah it was a fail on my side, i was looking at the wrong logs :P

10+ Year Old Account
    This morning I inadvertently discovered that Dash can still increase our movement speed to 213% (244% with Feline Swiftness) - you just have to shift out and back to Cat Form after using it. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Last edited by Collie; 2012-09-10 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    This morning I inadvertently discovered that Dash can still increase our movement speed to 213% (244% with Feline Swiftness) - you just have to shift out and back to Cat Form after using it. Has anyone else noticed this?
    You know, I had noticed this a bit while pvping (shaping while dash was active to get out of roots). I noticed that I was running much faster after I shifted out and back to cat form. Now that you say this, I just tested it, and yea my speed did increase to 213%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    I noticed this when doing some world pvp in TB yesterday...looks like they still need more hotfixes :P