10+ Year Old Account

Damage Taken on Heroic: Yor'sahj.

I am taking otherworldly amounts of damage on H Yor'sahj. We're having issues with the stoplight combination (red, yellow, green and black; killing green). During this combination, I seem to be taking more damage than needed. I am directly under his feet cleaving the Forgotten Ones with multi-shot from Yor'sahj himself and rotating raptor strike, using deterrence when I'm getting too low.

We don't run logs and I don't have any data left over from last night but we're going in again tonight. I'm having a feeling that our healing (professional rhymes) is a bit dodgy, as well.

When we first started doing this fight, I did sometimes have issues with death on some of the high aoe combos. If you're already using raptor strike, that should help, but also if you're getting hit by the black ones and you're getting too low, don't be afraid to FD the adds off you. It sounds like you're doing what you can, so the problem is probably with healing or with other people doing things wrong causing healing problems, but logs would certainly help you figure out what's going on.

I also highly recommend that if you're doing progression content someone run logs- you if need be. You don't need any special software, just type /combatlog to turn on the log and again when you want to stop logging. Then you can get a free account on world of logs to post- you can post it under whatever guild name you want if your guild doesn't want you posting logs officially (I believe you can set them private as well but I've never configured that). Being able to analyze after wipes what's actually going on is invaluable in trying to progress on fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    When we first started doing this fight, I did sometimes have issues with death on some of the high aoe combos. If you're already using raptor strike, that should help, but also if you're getting hit by the black ones and you're getting too low, don't be afraid to FD the adds off you. It sounds like you're doing what you can, so the problem is probably with healing or with other people doing things wrong causing healing problems, but logs would certainly help you figure out what's going on.

I also highly recommend that if you're doing progression content someone run logs- you if need be. You don't need any special software, just type /combatlog to turn on the log and again when you want to stop logging. Then you can get a free account on world of logs to post- you can post it under whatever guild name you want if your guild doesn't want you posting logs officially (I believe you can set them private as well but I've never configured that). Being able to analyze after wipes what's actually going on is invaluable in trying to progress on fights.
    I wasn't entirely sure how the Forgotten Ones worked. I assumed that FD would drop the fixate and it would go on someone else. There's been times where I'd have two fixated on me and there were also times where I'd use FD, fixate would drop, I'd come back up and I'd be fixated immediately, kinda' rendering it useless.

I will surely try and run logs on our attempts tonight and post the logs from our best attempts.

Deleted
    Here's the thing, from my own experience Hunters and Mages are the squishiest effing classes on that boss. The adds melee + shadow spike thingy will tear you up.

Glyhped raptor, deterrance, FD are all wonderful tools to use. If youre still dying (from what youre writing it seems a bit like healers are mucking up) just ask for a BoP. Up until the nerfs we pretty much always BoPed our mage so he wouldnt die.

If in doubt, feign death.

Edit: From your response above: Might be an issue of you getting up too fast?
    Also, hunters are squishy, simple as that. Glyphed raptor goes a long way, but on certain bosses (hc Hagara) Im - as a resto druid - always extra attentive towards the hunter in our group just going splat. Ask the healers to pay extra attention to you while they're mindlessly AoE spamming
    Last edited by mmoc241f3fedf6; 2012-03-05 at 10:08 PM.

My guild doesnt do that combo. We called it Germany haha. But instead we kill yellow that way we just make a small circle around the boss and kill adds while not taking nearly as much damage or having as many adds.

Just want to say that yor'sahj is one of those fights where you will quickly find out of you got good enough healers

10+ Year Old Account
    We didn't get to try it again tonight. Healers decided to not show up. I'll update next week and I run some logs. Thanks for the help so far.

Never had too many problems when popping heroism on the first yellow black red combo and rotating healer cds (tranq,hymn,divine favor) for any additional ybr.

make sure you're UNDER the boss. directly UNDER him.

other than that, theres nothing else you can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    make sure you're UNDER the boss. directly UNDER him.

other than that, theres nothing else you can do.
    I'm between his legs.

Harhar

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Never had too many problems when popping heroism on the first yellow black red combo and rotating healer cds (tranq,hymn,divine favor) for any additional ybr.
    Raid groups vary.

Our first attempts we had issues. We were using a resto druid and resto shaman. I ended up picking up the glyph and spamming it during hard healing phases, and we got a holy pally/resto shaman healing and its gone smoothly ever since. Its just one of those fights, but i def see where you are coming from, hunters take a lot of damage there.
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

You can misdirect to tank when adds come, they DO have an aggro table.

Deleted
    When progressing on Yor I definitely noticed that our hunter took a bit more dmg and he was together with our Mage the first to die. Now with the 10% dmg nerf it should be quite easy to heal as long as you either have a raid cooldown or the healers use a throughput cooldown

10+ Year Old Account
    yah hunters to tend to take alot of damage on that fight really if your standing under the bosses legs ,feign deathing ,misdirecting ect . It comes down to the healers fault prob and im just going by what you said you were doing personally ive been doing this fight since pre nerf heroic and i rarely ever died and if i did die it was just becasue a healer was dead ,good luck to you bro

What is your raid comp? If you have at least 3 melee (tank, off tank that is dps for this fight, and rogue usually) I definitely suggest trying to kill yellow and forming a circle around the boss. Because the green doesn't hit melee they can all stack in the dead centre and then have the ranged and healers stand just on the tip of his hit box in a circle 4 yards apart from each other. That way you only have one set of adds and a lot less tank damage so your healers can pay more attention to the raid. And set up flags and designate spots for everyone so they know exactly where to go, avoids confusion.

Otherwise, always open with MD just before your first MS and try to have enough focus to fire 2 MS back to back to get a lot of aggro on the tank.