Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I want to write YOUR story...Maybe.

Hey all, I know that there will be a load of GW2 members that decide on Roleplaying. It's a fun aspect of any game that can bring people out of their comfort zone and allow some to enjoy the game even more and escape from reality.

I won't be roleplaying for GW2 I don't believe, but I roleplayed for the extent of my Warhammer Online career (that lasted long. har har.) and the thing I enjoyed the most was writing backstories for characters.

I just enjoy writing in general so if you're interested in having a backstory written or just want to see something fun made up about your character you can reply here with a few starting "facts"

Character Name/Sex/Race/Profession
    Do you want to be a War Hero type character or more of a "rags to riches" or even a simple countryman?
    Parents? Deceased/Alive/Forgotten?
    Playstyle

If your race has any specifics that you want to be clear about like the Charr's different Legions or Human's Gods or the Asura College's or the Norn's animal spirit, etc specify that as well. If you don't really know I"ll find something that fits.

I'll also be doing some research into early Guild Wars lore to help with specifics and other nonsensicals.

Each story will probably take me around a day or so to write depending on length and they'll vary between a page or two to 4-5 pages if I stumble upon something I like. I'm also in sport season with everything that entails so please be patient!

Hope this interests some of you and if others have done the same I'd love to see your work! Cheers!
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

I plan to make my own Backstory that is seperate from the actual 'story' of my character. I already have my background and character sheet finished as well as other small things, but waiting till the game is released so no one might be able to steal it ;D
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

10+ Year Old Account
    You stole my idea Allanon. Mean. Very mean.

I could use help thinking up a name for my Charr's warband which belongs to the Ash Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I could use help thinking up a name for my Charr's warband which belongs to the Ash Legion.
    Kitty Commando Killing Squad.

I've written a story for all my 10 characters so far, so I'm good ^^

Deleted
    Already thought up backstories for my twisted necromancer and my ranger (:
    Sheet already finished, and guild already found ^^

(Guild is in my sig if anyone's interested.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a backstory for my two characters

An Elder Human Noble Mesmer who had a good relationship with his parents (who were killed in the personal story)
    And a Younger brother who had a twin sister (who died - mainly just to experience a different personal story). He was disowned early due to his study of Necromancy and forced to live on the streets (again, to experience a different personal story).

Ive got a pretty shit relationship with my bro, so I may as well roleplay two brothers with a fair degree of dislike between them.

Forget the other races. Human for Life

5 years old... I killed my first Ettin, my father was proud. He said; "You are worthy of a name when you've slayed your first real enemy, and bring home the prize". I was a latecomer.. Although my family praised Wolf, I went through the learning of Snow Leopard. Because my father taught me to be independent. My father respected my decision as the wise man he was. He named me; 'Asgaut' after a Mystical Divine Spirit. With that name I decided to follow my destiny and started the learning of a Guardian. My father was extremely proud, and that's when he gave me his first smile, he pointed me to go into the wild world, to follow my own path.
    My Norn Guardian

Deleted
    Writing my own backgrounds and storylines, as well as those of my close friends, so I'm settled as well.

The shortest storyline I've written for any of my characters so far is the human warrior, and that's 15 pages...

Being an author is a pain, it means you cannot write short stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually make my own backstories but it could be fun to see what you come up with!

Name: Tallos/Marren/Aethos Grimsworth
    Sex: male
    Race: human
    Profession: Necromancer
    I was thinking he was from a a noble family/one of the Houses. Parents being alive. Hes a cunning and calculating individual. At first impression one would say he is void of any humor, but those that know him, knows he has a very dry humor. I know I want him to be sort of a "anti-hero" type, but I havent decided why, or with whom his loyalties lie. Havent decided what drives him as a person yet. Is it power, lust for adventure or something else?
    Appearance: Long pitch black hair, otherwise fairly good looking but nothing fancy. Deep green eyes, and often bares a sort of frown upon his face, not helping him look any better. Clean shaved. Average height.
    Playstyle: For roleplay purposes he wields a dagger and a warhorn. Combat he uses his wits and plans all his attacks carefully, always seeking to be one step ahead of his enemy. I think he sees combat as sort of a chess game. He enjoys a good fight, and always respects a worthy enemy. Even honors them.

You're most welcome to PM me should you chose to write up something, if you want to know any more specifics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    snip
    I'll begin working on yours tonight!

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 02:47 AM ----------

Done I hope you enjoy it. *I'll PM it to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent! I have always struggled writing backstories

Character Name/Sex/Race/Profession: Syrele Seon/Female/Human/Ranger
    Do you want to be a War Hero type character or more of a "rags to riches" or even a simple countryman? I want her to be someone who has to forage/hunt simply to not starve
    Parents? Deceased/Alive/Forgotten? Dead father, mother has an addiction of some sort preventing her from raising her. She is the older sister of another whom she was forced to raise herself.
    Playstyle: Deadly with a longbow from afar, but weak and unable to deal with close range combat

pm me if you decide to do it, thanks!
    Last edited by Majik8ball; 2012-03-07 at 11:55 PM.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Deleted
    ???(really bad with names)/Male/Charr/Warrior
    He is an old war veteran and a higher rank officer of sorts one could say that he is past his physical prime but with age comes wisdom and because he has alot of experience on the battlefield he can hold his own, he used to use violence and intimidation to get his way but now he is using his dignity ( just to use the starting backstory options)
    Father was in the blood legion but he eventually betrayed the legion and became an outlaw, Mother died while giving birth/Father is dead, slain in combat/Forgotten?
    Greatsword swining beast in combat and dignified warrior outside the battlefield.

Hope you could come up with a fitting name aswell as i cant think of a name, hope it's not too much to ask, thank you.

Deleted
    Madeline / Female / Silvari / Elementalist

Madeline awakened during the cycle of day is an enthousiastic adventurer who loves to explore Tyria and capture its secrets. Fire is her favorite element and it reflects her character. She loves combat and has quite a temperament. Together with a strong feeling for misjustice this is the cause of problems she could have avoided. Now she is seeking knowledge, comfort and strength in the elements of water, air and earth to ease her raging soul and getting more selfcontrol.Madeline uses a scepter and focus for her close range combat, but as she is slowly getting statisfaction with healing and supporting allies, her staff gets more important to her.
    As a Sylvari she does not have parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Verazh, going to begin yours today but I just got Mass Effect 3 so I can't promise anything soon :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll put you to the test!

Character Name: Mathim Caim
    Sex: Male
    Race: Human
    Profession: Thief
    Do you want to be a War Hero type character or more of a "rags to riches" or even a simple countryman? I will not be a war hero and I will not be a real Thief either. Only being "Thief" because of the abilities not because I am there to steal from people. However I will take what people won't miss if I need to survive. Also I will rescue people if I know they won't remember that I did rescue them. This ties to the anonymity I will choose with my "Thief". I don't want to be a masked hero or something either. They should just don't know what happen at all or atleast can't explain it. Something like the enemy just disappeared into the shadows.
    Parents? Deceased/Alive/Forgotten? No one knows where I come from or my twin sister (will take the recover sisters body option)
    Playstyle: If you mean weapon combination I will use Sword/Dagger and Shortbow. With lots of AoE stealth/smoke and alot of shadowstep. Very mobile and very area of effect focused. Even though I mention I will probably pick anonymity I want the feel of subturfuge aswell with the misdirections.

If your race has any specifics that you want to be clear about like the Charr's different Legions or Human's Gods or the Asura College's or the Norn's animal spirit, etc specify that as well. If you don't really know I"ll find something that fits.
    My Human will come from the street, since no one knew where I came from they don't want to take me in (or my twin sister). They get a chill just by being near me and associate me with the God Grenth. The relation to my twin sister should be complicated.

Sidenote: I might not end up using your every word as a biography to my character. However I will use it as a source to create my own most likely. I am bad at getting started on writing stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I've written a story for all my 10 characters so far, so I'm good ^^
    but... there are 8 professions...? ><

OT, as for my own, I have a general idea for my Guardian, but I prefer to write my own story and background.

I am still contemplating on whether he will be commonfolk or a street rat though...
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    but... there are 8 professions...? ><

OT, as for my own, I have a general idea for my Guardian, but I prefer to write my own story and background.

I am still contemplating on whether he will be commonfolk or a street rat though...
    characters =/= professions D:
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    characters =/= professions D:
    Don't worry little one, I understand you.