Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I love the character customization :P Sure, you can chose hair and stuff in other games, but I really like this ones look to it all.
    Really love the option to dy your clothes to your liking at any time, what can I say.. Im a bit girly girl aswell ^^'

other that.. the thing that got my interest at first was that they are encouraging social gameplay.. to me thats the key to a great community, you help eachother and everybody wins! I have been so frustrated in other mmos when everywhere you look.. people are assholes, selfish and elitist and all that stuff.
    crossing fingers for this one ^^

This is what I like most about GW2:

• dynamic cooperation - no need to invite players to your groups to do quests together with them
    • action-based combat, you just slash and hit
    • no need to bind dozens and dozens of different abilities
    • PvP and PvE don't feel that different, its the similar skills you need for both (tactical positioning, dodge)
    • Grinding brought to the minimum
    • Balanced PvP and WvWvW
    • Potentials for player conflict brought to the minimum, this should result in a nice community

Deleted
    The art style, dynamic events, the care given to social gaming and server community, you don’t need to play it on set times as a second job to get everything out of it, the exploring, the professions, how all of the races fit in, the…. I just realized I could go on for evah

Guess I’ll just say the whole game is a breath of fresh air aswell

I agree with every post in this thread. GW2 is definitely a breath of fresh air. From the looks of things, Anet has seriously outdone themselves.
    Everything from the exploration to combat mechanics, everything looks very promising. I just wanna play this game already, ahhrhrgghgg!

I find the graphics nice. But i am totally sold on the idea of turning everything upside down. It has been tried before and all those games were utter crap. I like the ideas GW2 is bring to the table but i am going wait to see if the deliver.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Way to state the obvious OP
    What kind of discussion do you think we could get out of this? Everyone here agree's.

I'll list two things that the op didn't.

1. Passion
    2. Love

Yep. That may sound cheesy but ANet put a lot of those two things into this game, and it shows. Unlike a lot of other games/expansions etc. that have come out, GW2 doesn't lack substance and isn't being released for the sake of being released. They have a genuine goal with the game: everything listed in this thread, and more.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggan View Post
    I'll list two things that the op didn't.

1. Passion
    2. Love

Yep. That may sound cheesy but ANet put a lot of those two things into this game, and it shows. Unlike a lot of other games/expansions etc. that have come out, GW2 doesn't lack substance and isn't being released for the sake of being released. They have a genuine goal with the game: everything listed in this thread, and more.
    Great post! True, real passion is severely lacking in modern creations, be it games, movies or music.

10+ Year Old Account
    1000 things, but one thing among them is that you fight human enemies that aren't 3 times bigger than you just because of their importance.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Many people like to concentrate on the 'no holy trinity' when it comes to talking about what's revolutionary in GW2, but as others have said here, it has been done before quite a few times. If anything, I think the most revolutionary thing about GW2 is that it doesn't punish people for being around each other. There are no factions, no node stealing, or mob tagging. The systems in place actually encourages group play, and for me, this is what is most revolutionary about GW2. And now I'm sure Fencers will come in and tell me this has already been done too before :P

I LOVE the fact that 'world PvP' is going to be based around 'World 1 V. World 2'

I think (...KNOW) this will create a much stronger sense of community than most MMO's ever achieve. Such a simple, yet near perfect idea to balance both accessibility (such as WoW's raid finder) and community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything, and that ArenaNet ignores the whiners/QQers/etc so they can make their game the shiniest on the block (like Blizzard, but Blizz listened to the whiners, and sadly Cata suffered for that).

It's revolutionary in the way that it doesn't try to be World of Warcraft, and I really need that if I'm gonna start playing another MMORPG. The Character customization seems promising to me, I hope I can give my character giant mellons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm, I don't particularly see much revolutionary in GW2. More evolutionary in that GW2 re-imagines a lot of older & current concepts. Which seems really cool. Most exciting is to see how Anet's business model and casual centric game will fair in the current games market.
    Every idea ever is evolutionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Every idea ever is evolutionary.
    Evolutionary =/= revolutionary... Also, every idea can be revolutionary and be evolved. But they don't have to if you don't make them to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Evolutionary =/= revolutionary... Also, every idea can be revolutionary and be evolved. But they don't have to if you don't make them to be.
    I'm going off of the premise that NOTHING is original.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    1000 things, but one thing among them is that you fight human enemies that aren't 3 times bigger than you just because of their importance.
    LOL that's a really good point hated that in WoW.

For me though its being able to play how I want and when I want too.

I like how it is different but not too different. Arenanet basically took all the best ideas and mashed them up. I think if they had tried to do more things in their game that were unique it might not have turned out the same.

The pve looks great, I have never enjoyed pve in mmo's so that is something I am looking forward to.

I love how I don't need gear to do pvp. I am starting to have my doubts with the pvp though Mostly because I love small scale open world pvp and WvW looks just like a bunch of aoe's, which isn't my style. I am sure I will love the game though.
    Last edited by worprz; 2012-03-06 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I'm going off of the premise that NOTHING is original.
    I might've misunderstood you since English ain't my mother-tongue... I'll drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I might've misunderstood you since English ain't my mother-tongue... I'll drop it
    It is a tricky language.