Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Yeah my fingers are definitely crossed that Ivy beats GW2 to market.
    Definitely. Ivybridge and the new nvidia...it's like pure, corporeal Eternal Alchemy. WvWvW with those beasts...that would truly be a cookie monster biggest birthday cookie moment
    Just hope it doesn't take long for new egg etc to get hold of them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Definitely. Ivybridge and the new nvidia...it's like pure, corporeal Eternal Alchemy. WvWvW with those beasts...that would truly be a cookie monster biggest birthday cookie moment
    Just hope it doesn't take long for new egg etc to get hold of them too.
    More importantly, the IB GPU should be decent enough to run GW2 on medium settings - which would be great for the new ultraportable laptops. I would love to play some GW2 on my MacBook Air while abroad on a conference

Quote Originally Posted by mafao View Post
    More importantly, the IB GPU should be decent enough to run GW2 on medium settings - which would be great for the new ultraportable laptops. I would love to play some GW2 on my MacBook Air while abroad on a conference
    Yh, kinda crazy how good the inbuilt graphics are supposed to be. Very much looking forward to just how much multitasking that beast can take.
    And lol...that would be funny, sitting at the back of a boring conference hall playing away on the laptop. Might have to invest in one just for that

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    For 3 screen, AMD has been king, because you can do 3 screen on a single AMD card.
    With Nvidia you have to run dual cards to do 3 screen. Although the new Nvidia cards should be unveiled on the 12th of March, and there is a good chance it will do 3 screen with 1 card.

At the moment we're right in the middle of a next gen graphic card release, so the best plan is to probably delay buying until closer to GW2's launch to see what cards are released.
    lol @ 2gb VRAM. Are you kidding me Nvidia? My 1.5gb 580 already comes close to running out of VRAM on BF3 @ 1980x1020. Disappointed. I'm not for sure saying we have a repeat of Bulldozer on our hands, but my personal expectations for Kepler just died down quite a bit. I'll have to see what they do with their enthusiast cards and what price range they're aiming for.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-03-07 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    lol @ 2gb VRAM. Are you kidding me Nvidia? My 1.5gb 580 already comes close to running out of VRAM on BF3 @ 1980x1020. Disappointed. I'm not for sure saying we have a repeat of Bulldozer on our hands, but my personal expectations for Kepler just died down quite a bit. I'll have to see what they do with their enthusiast cards and what price range they're aiming for.

Unfortunately, BF3 is about the ONLY GAME OUT RIGHT NOW AND POSSIBLY FOR QUITE A WHILE that will start to hit that VRAM limit of 1.5gb. Actually, I think Metro and Crysis 2 DX11 come close to hitting that bottleneck.. but that is seriously about it.. in.. how many games out right now that are current? Unless you are running a multi monitor setup, or running a 30" dell @ 1440p, there is no need for more than 1.5bg VRAM for 99% of the games out right now. There is no need for nvidia to spend more money on that. The only reason why AMD cards have 2gb+ is because they can run 3 monitors off of one card, Nvidia cant (or refuses to).

That being said.. WHY THE HELL is my "enter" key acting as a spacebar/tab key instead of actually moving the cursor to the next line? It only happens on these forums and only recently! grrr!