Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Darced looked in awe at the power Erhagos was wielding. As the cold energy blasts past him and penetrates Talingo's body, Darced remembers the battle unfolding behind him and blinks away. Darced appears in the Forsaken front line and casts a wave of flames toward the advancing knights.

"Sir!" screams one of the advancing riders. A wall of fire is hurled toward the knights and many are caught in the blast. Teldrion sees this and dashes with his messengers toward the front. "Riders! Go around, destroy the catapults!" Some of the knights nod and ride around the remainder of the flames. Teldrion looks back towards the elve's position and spots Nehlya struggling to reassemble her force. "Messenger! Get to the king's line and get reinforcements! Let them know what's going on!" He looks back to his own front and sees a figure walking forward through the flames. He grasps his sword and charges the figure, "I won't lose anyone else to the undead! I'll die before that happens!"
    Darced approaches the charging warrior knowing that he's in command, "Time to chop off the snake's head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Talingos musters all his energy. Now moving slowly, he pushes himself up onto one leg. He thinks to himself, and wonders how he might escape this predicament. In a flash of realization, Talingos takes a calculated risk, and decides to convert to his mortal form. If he does this, he risks the wound he suffered being either critical, or something closer to a stab wound. A blue aura surrounds the Frostwyrm, and quickly he shrinks into the form of a Forsaken. The wound is clear, it is a shoulder wound, but it's not mortal. Hastily, he shields himself in a frost barrier, and looks to Darced.

"I will be fine, friend, thank you for protecting me. Lead your men on, I will look for a mender so I might rejoin the battle, but first-"

Talingos raises his arms and begins to mutter a spell. Blue clouds began to coagulate above the Alliance Warglaives. Snow begins to sprinkle down from the clouds, followed by a volley of devastating ice crystals. The missiles plummet ferociously towards the machines of war, and one by one they are destroyed by the impacts. Some are still operational, but barely, and require immediate attention, the others are lost.

"That should be enough to help you focus on those elves. Fight with honor Darced, I will return to soon!"

In a spark of gray dust and blue magic, Talingos vanishes, and heads rapidly towards the rear line, searching intently for a mender of any kind.
    Last edited by Tovarish24; 2012-03-09 at 07:20 PM.
    WoW : Burning Blade (H)
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

As Erhagos lifted himself to his feet, he noticed the diorientated high elves forming up. He immediately cut his spell short. Whilst they were still attempting to find their lost weaponry and armor, the frostwyrm thrust his mace tail down and swung it around, catching numerous spellbreakers in the process, killing and knocking them unconscious. They were not going to be an issue for a while.

Now, turning his attention towards the approaching knights, he thrust himself toward towards them. The catapults had to be protected.

((I intended to write Nehlya out of this RP by knocking out her forces. She's not supposed to return. ))

10+ Year Old Account
    The warrior reaches Darced and swings at him with his sword. The mage blinks away, and casts a scorch spell in transit; Teldrion's horse is hit and the two fall into the snow. Darced looks behind him, plague canisters hit heir mark exploding over the knights. The dragon Erhagos spews cold flames upon the Aliiance forces, driving many to retreat. Darced smirks, "So much for your assault human--." Teldrion is crushed by the horse's body and he struggles to reach for a locket on his chest, "I'm sorry I never found you..." The warrior gasps as he breathes his last. Darced stands before the dead warrior and approaches; the locket remains in the man's hand. Darced takes the locket and looks inside. "My darling wife Isabella and son..." Darced's eyes widen, "Darced." He drops the jewlery, letting the snow cover it. The wizard looks at the dead man with sorrow, "You did, father." Flames erupt from Darced's body as his anger reaches it's peak, he turns and fire rains from his eyes. An inferno is cast towards the remaining Alliance knights bursting them to ash, "No need to worry Erhagos, the Alliance will burn." The flames subside, Darced's power has grown and the Alliance forces are crippled due to the efforts of the Forsaken and the frost wyrms.
    ((For any that are confused, Darced and Teldrion's Bios go hand in hand. Long story short, Teldrion is Darced's father, but none of them knew it.)) ((**We need more Alliance posters, we can't have the Horde dominate like this**))
    Last edited by Darced; 2012-03-09 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((WOAH! Darced you sent chills down my back with that twist. Excellent! So apparently you guys posted while I was typing out my last, but I guess it still fit in just fine. The only alliance character I play is a Druid, but he's HIGHLY unlikely to show up in a ground war, it's simply not his nature. But you're right, if anyone wants to play 2 characters I'm sure that's fine (assuming 1 alliance 1 horde I mean). I'll get a post up soon but just got home from a 13 hour shift, I need a break lol.))

---------- Post added 2012-03-10 at 03:43 PM ----------

Talingos continued to rush to the back of the Forsaken line, covering his shoulder and breathing heavily. He was still shrouded by invisibility, but in his weakened state, the spell was sure to wear off soon. Finally, making it to his destination, he shouted "Apothecary!" The head of a Forsaken healer spun around, and recognized that Talingos was of importance, based on his robes. Darting over to the injured Frostwyrm's mortal form, the Apothecary motioned for Talingos to sit down and rest while the mender did his work. Not but five minutes later Talingos was all patched up, and ready to return to combat. He was not quite yet healed enough to transfer back to his dragon form, as he wasn't sure if he could fly very well yet, so he decided to return to the line and aid Darced as a frost mage. Standing up, he gave his thanks.

"Thank you Apothecary, good work has been done here. Fight with honor! For the Horde!"

With that, Talingos turned back to the front line and blinked, granting himself the ability to run swiftly. He searched for signs of Darced as he continued back to where he was put down.
    90 Warlock, 90 Shaman, 96+ Mage, 90 Death Knight, 86 Warrior, 90 Hunter, 85 Rogue, 80 Paladin, 76 Priest, 70 Druid, 26 Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    "King Varian!" The king turns toward the cries. Knights of Stormwind dash over a nearby rise retreating from an unknown enemy. The king and his generals hurry to the knights, "Knights of Stormwind! What's going on?!" The soldiers collapse at the bottom of the hill and look up to their beloved leader, "The Forsaken overwhelmed us milord, frost wyrms and mages..." The trooper falls exhausted, his armor seared black. Varian looks to his generals, "Any news from the high elves?" The commanders shake their heads, "None milord, they took quite a pounding up there." Varian looks back to the hill as the last of the knights make it to the front, "We need help; send word to the rest of the army, we need to push now." The commanders nod and hurry away to inform the troops, the battle will be moved up north and the Alliance is to take the high ground. ((Elyaan I think its only fair if you'd take Varian's role since you're the thread designer. If you prefer he doesn't have one, then its up to you. I dont want to intrude on the intent of the RP.))

Darced returns to the Forsaken troopers who are preparing a defensive position. The catapults are put into place on the hills above the battlefield and the Alliance line is clearly visible. "Master Emberweaver!" an artillery captain cries. Darced nods, "Has word been sent to Sylvannas?" The undead nods, "She may come to oversee the operations herself." Darced's eyes widen, "Good, the Alliance will more than likely attempt to retake this spot. We can use that bow of hers." He smiles, "With all due respect of course." Just then, a figure can be seen coming towards the new Forsaken position, "Well, I suppose that's your mortal form Talingos? It suits you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Hearing a call for Darced, Talingos changes his direction, assuming he will find the mage wherever he's being called to. Slowing his pace to a gentle walk, Talingos approaches Darced as he is met by welcoming words from the Emberweaver.

"Ha! Thank you, friend. I am currently in moderate condition, I can fight, but only in this form with my magics. I hope to return to my true form soon. Where is my aid required?"

Talingos threw his shoulders back lightly in a show of confidence, but winced as his wound reminded him of it's existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darced nods, "Alliance forces will be charging at this hill." He presents the defensive line that his troops created. "Until reinforcements arrive we'll be outnumbered. We need to slow the Alliance's ascent." Darced grins, "So, you're adept in the use of frost magic? That'll come in handy." Darced's hand is engulfed in a purple mana, "I'm not too bad at slowing down time." Darced turns around and faces the hill's ridge, "The two of use will slow down their forces so our men have time to regroup, it's up to us Talingo."

"Milord! All non-essential forces have been gathered." Varian looks to the general, "Good, how many does that make?" The commander's horse bucks and he nods, "We're one hundred strong." Varian grins, "And how many of the Forsaken line the hillside?" The general takes out his spyglass and points it towards the hill, "I see roughly twenty, and five catapults. Milord we shouldn't need so many for this assault." Varian nods, "This hill is crucial, it overlooks much of the battlefield and Nehlya and her elves may need help." He turns towards the hill before him, "Plus, those frost wyrms can still be up there." Varian scans his force and sees a diligent unit ready to attack, "Charge the hill on my command."

Quote Originally Posted by Darced View Post
    ((Elyaan I think its only fair if you'd take Varian's role since you're the thread designer. If you prefer he doesn't have one, then its up to you. I dont want to intrude on the intent of the RP.))
    ((As I said on the last page, anyone can control faction leaders. My intention was to only start this thread, not to permanently take part. It's an open RP solely for combat, with no intended direction or result. Erhagos isn't even a member of the Horde in his Bio, he was just to get the ball rolling, as was Nehlya's and Valeth's presences. ))

Quote Originally Posted by Darced View Post
    The dragon Erhagos spews cold flames upon the Aliiance forces, driving many to retreat.
    ((Also, stuff like this isn't allowed. Erhagos is my character, and you're sort of not allowed to godmode/control other peoples characters without their permission first. Just letting you know.))

Pleased with the Forsaken advancement, the frostwyrm let out one final roar of terror, before throwing his wings downwards, propelling himself into the sky above.

((And with that, I'm out of this RP for a few days. I'll be back when I have the free time.))
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2012-03-11 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Sorry, I misread earlier and I thought Erhagos was doing that. Sincerest apologies.))

((It's fine. Just letting you know. ))

10+ Year Old Account
    Talingos nods to Darced in agreement.

"I will make a barrier of frost spires, but it will take most of my remaining energy. What do you say that I create a barrier, and when they break through it, it's up to you to slow time, while I work on picking them off along with your forces here?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Darced smiles, "Excellent idea." He looks to his soldiers, "Friends!" The troopers and mages stand at attention, dropping their construction duties. "The Alliance will be charging this fortification at any moment. Me and Talingos..." He points to the person next to him, "This is Talingos. Will slow their advance over the hill." The troopers offer full attentiveness, "You and Talingos will slaughter them while I slow down time." Darced raises his hand still brimming with purple energy, "You won't be affected, but the Alliance will be slower. Take the advantage while you can, I can't keep it up for long." He turns to Talingos among the Forsaken rushing to defensive positions, "You're in charge while I channel the spell, command my..." Darced pauses, "Our soldiers well."

King Varian stands among his troops at the bottom of the hill. He stares at the top and spots the Forsaken rushing to their positions. "Men of Stormwind!" The line turns to their king, "Yes milord?!" Varian smiles, "Now is the time for greatness... glory..." The air stands still; Varian dashes forward towards the hill, "FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!" The force screams now numbering nearly two hundred, "Raaaaaaaaggggghhhhh!!!!" The Alliance will be atop the hill within moments, the line is headed by paladins and the burning hearts of humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talingos shuffles to the front line of the small Forsaken force. Holding his hands out in a position to summon a spell, he begins to chant a strange combination of seemingly indiscriminate babble. The ground begins to rumble, and shake lightly. The snow begins pop and fly, and huge spires of ice rise out of the ground in a burst of glorious magic. The spires congeal to create a wall of solid ice three to five feet thick, in front of the forsaken soldiers.

"Catapults -- READY!!!!" Shouts Talingos, and accordingly, all five war machines cocked back ready to fire.

"FIRE!"

Five kegs of plague are launched effortlessly over the wall, crashing down into the charging alliance. A maniacal grimace widens across Talingos' face.

"Let the slaughter begin..."

The barrels crash into the three front lines of men, dissolving them in a horrifying fashion. Screams and war cries can be heard in a mixed mesh of vocalization, and the hundred-plus strong force continues on, stepping over the liquified bodies of their fallen comrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    "You bastards!" screams Varian Wrynn as he dashes up the hillside. His boots are covered in green slime, snow and blood. The army continues to charge up the hill and the king spots a mysterious wizard before the wall of ice. "Milord! That wizard behind the spires!" Varian darts past the line, motioning for his men to follow. "Around! We can't be caught in this killzone!" The force changes directions and attempts to flank the wall, "This wall can't last forever."

Darced sits idly in a thicket of black trees, well away from the battle. His eyes glow violet and the area around him pulsates. The snow nearly halts and winds cease. Darced smiles, "Oh, but it can Varian Wrynn of Stormwind." The mage looks up from his trance, "I'm here to ensure your attack lasts for an eternity."
    Last edited by Darced; 2012-03-12 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((So I know I've been gone for like forever. I've had a lot going on and just ended up not being able to keep up on the forums. But while I don't know how permanently I'll be around, I've been keeping up on some stuff here and have been wanting to find time to get back into RP. So here I am. I am going to try to jumpstart this forum again, and hopefully Darced is around.))

Talingos notices the King's flanking move. He collapses to his knees in exhaustion from casting the barrier spell. Using arcane telepathic magics, he communicates a blurry and concise message to Darced.

"I hope you can h--r me frie-d. The King h-- flanked our pos--ion. Adjust your mag-c accordin-y."

In a fleeting attempt, Talingos calls upon his deepest training training and instinct. He begins to evocate, slowly gaining strength and rejuvenating his inner powers. A rogue arrow catches the corner of Talingos' robe, missing his form, but disrupting the spell. His incarnation cut short, Talingos rose to his feet after nearly tripping, and begins to root the Alliance diversion to the ground using ice, one at a time. Many of the horses break free of their entanglement, but a few fall to the ground due to halted momentum. The fallen warriors raise to their feet and continue on foot.

((Well now, this looks like an interesting RP indeed. An open, free-for-all-kill-everything RP? Sounds like fun!))

Through the icy air and thick clouds of Dragonblight soared a golden gryphon, armoured with plates of steel and trimmed in shades of azure and cyan. Its rider, a human dressed in Kirin Tor battle attire, hooded and shielded from the cold, gripped the majestic beast's reins fiercely. The mage lowered his head to protect his face against the cold, harsh winds and piercing snowflakes. He'd neglected to cover his face with something, and was now regretting that choice.
    Darren Frostwhisper guided his gryphon in the direction of the battlefield he'd been informed of hours ago. His flight from Stormwind had been mostly uneventful, but Darren had a feeling that would all change momentarily.
    From what he was able to grasp, King Varian Wrynn was leading Alliance forces east of Wyrmrest Temple against the Horde. Who was leading the Horde forces was a mystery to Darren. All he knew was that the Archmage to whom he was apprenticed to had requested he fly to the king's aid. Darren, long-since outgrown the habit of arguing with his mentor and friend, had agreed without question and teleported himself to Stormwind City. Hesitant to teleport himself directly to Dragonblight, he had chosen to take a mount and fly there instead, sure he would require every drop of energy he could spare in the upcoming fight he was likely to participate in. And as he approached the battlefield, he discovered that that assumption had been correct.
    Emerging from the clouds, his gryphon gave a squawk of relief as its vision was restored, and the harsh snowfall was averted. Darren, too, grinned fiercely as he looked up, then down, taking into full scope what was transpiring below him.
    From what he could tell, the fight was somewhat equal. The Horde were holding a tight defensive line as the Alliance were attempting to flank them. The Horde's forces were mainly composed of Forsaken troops, and Darren assumed that the Banshee Queen, Sylvanas Windrunner, was leading the charge. It would make perfect sense, he thought, scanning the ground below with both his physical eyes and his magical senses. There's a lot of spellcasting going on down there. I wonder what units each side controls at the moment. He steered his gryphon down, putting the beast into a steep dive. He pulled on the reins as they neared the ground, and the gryphon pulled up. He searched for the bulk of the Alliance forces, likely where King Wrynn would be found, and noticed them in a fight between the Forsaken. A recent spell had knocked some of the Alliance soldiers off their mounts, yet still they pressed onward. The Alliance had some fortifications set up, as did the Forsaken, but Darren could tell they needed some assistance. He shook his head and lowered his gryphon more. As it neared the ground, he slipped his feet from the spurs, held on tightly to the reins as he stood up on the saddle, and jumped.
    He fell through the air, and as he did he murmured a spell, slowing his fall speed. He hovered to the ground, then dropped into the fresh-fallen snow, his thick boots protecting him from the icy chill. All of his clothing was trimmed with wool and thicker than his usual battle-robes. A sword was sheathed at his waist, and some pouches were visible on his belt. Locks of light brown hair were seen from beneath his hood, but most of his features were shadowed. The only part of his face visible was his lower jaw, and his mouth was curved upward in a slight grin.
    He had landed just near the Alliance forces, and immediately spotted Forsaken troops. Raising his hands, he conjured numerous water elementals and directed them towards the Horde forces. As his minions rushed to join the right, he conjured up two fireballs, and handled them in his hands with ease. The flames snapped and crackled, a bright blue.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((If Darced doesn't show up by 24 hours from now, I'll write him out temporarily until / if he comes back. Going to be tough to lead this alone but I can handle it. I'll wait until a day from now to post up.))

((If assistance is required, I can take his place of whomever he was RPing that aren't his actual characters. ^^))
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Sure. He was leading Varian and the charge on the Forsaken front. If you want to take that over you can. Only trouble is, Darced was a quintessential player in all this, and he and I basically were running this alone for a bit. If we are going to continue I'll have to Godmode write him out for the story to make sense, which isn't really allowed and also would suck. I'm going to give him some more time to see if he comes back before we continue. I'll go jump in another RP in the meantime. See you there!))