Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Deleted]

[Deleted Stuff]
    Last edited by Kankuri; 2018-09-23 at 07:39 AM. Reason: [Deleted]
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Capcom is fullautoing into their foot. Megaman, how they've handled SF, stuff like this... Fuck community, right, guys? Just sell as little as possible, as cheap as possible and nickle-and-dime the hell out of people for the rest of our content? Cover it with excuses too, while we're at it?

Great games on a fundamental level, but the company's gone to crap. You don't let oversights like that make it gold and then call it unpatchable. I call your game broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    At first I was excited for this game up until I realized a few weeks ago that this is Capcom we are talking about, no way in hell am I going to be getting the first version of this. If anything so far the Vita version I will probably be getting before the console ones. I just hope whenever there Super/Ultimate version comes out that it will include MegaMan and Pac-Man in it since they are DLC and hopefully will not end up like Jill and Shuma not being in the Ultimate version of MvC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Capcom is fullautoing into their foot. Megaman, how they've handled SF, stuff like this... Fuck community, right, guys? Just sell as little as possible, as cheap as possible and nickle-and-dime the hell out of people for the rest of our content? Cover it with excuses too, while we're at it?

Great games on a fundamental level, but the company's gone to crap. You don't let oversights like that make it gold and then call it unpatchable. I call your game broken.
    You forgot how they fucked with the DMC series with that Emo reboot...

They're not going to stop treating their audience like stupid chumps until people stop buying their BS. If you complain and then just go mindlessly buy the next game, nothing will ever change.

Wow. That's a new low. I was already annoyed by their DLC practices, but to not include a feature that many other games have and claim it's not their own fault?

Damn.

I certainly wouldn't call this a deal breaker (for me, at least), but that just seems silly we're only seeing this bug NOW, and they blame microsoft, while other online split-screen type games are working fine. I do hope once they see it's on their end, they'll at least apologize

OT: As for the 12 unreleased characters, who knows, capcom might surprise us. Hell, I've heard rumors they were planning to release them for free when the PSV version came out.

and your surprised that you cant both be online with a fighting game?

theirs no reason to be online if your playing yourself.

but if its a tagteam feature your looking for, well i've never heard of that for any online game.
    although you mention mortal kombat having that but i havent cared about any past 4 so i probably missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcanyon View Post
    and your surprised that you cant both be online with a fighting game?

theirs no reason to be online if your playing yourself.

but if its a tagteam feature your looking for, well i've never heard of that for any online game.
    although you mention mortal kombat having that but i havent cared about any past 4 so i probably missed something.
    I think it's probably more that an announced feature mentioned in the damn game manual isn't working on one platform when other similar systems are in place for other games, followed by them blaming the system. That combined with Capcom's recent pedigree for generally sucking eggs at everything publishing doesn't exactly give it's customers a lot of faith.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always Tekken x Street Fighter...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Because this game is at EVO, its going to get some attention at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    After thinking about it all day at work, I've reached the conclusion that the best way to show my dissatisfaction of this is to rid myself of my Capcom fighting games. If I don't hear an update on the situation within a week, I'm selling my copies of Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Street Fighter x Tekken.
    I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish by this. *You already gave Capcom your money, getting rid of your titles doesn't really impact them.

10+ Year Old Account
    ---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 02:28 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I certainly wouldn't call this a deal breaker (for me, at least), but that just seems silly we're only seeing this bug NOW, and they blame microsoft, while other online split-screen type games are working fine. I do hope once they see it's on their end, they'll at least apologize

OT: As for the 12 unreleased characters, who knows, capcom might surprise us. Hell, I've heard rumors they were planning to release them for free when the PSV version came out.
    They'll release them when Vita comes out, I'm fairly sure you have to pay for them, they're only on the disc to make sure there's no "Trouble when you download it, so that other people can see you with the character properly and there won't be any problems with the download etc etc" --Yeah, ok.......it should be free, then the game has more characters than Marvel 2 / MK:armageddon

Anyways, I have to say, Xbox got a pretty crappy version of this game, no exclusives , no pairplay online, that kinda sucks, besides that, the game is good, Capcom's greediness however is..making it just a bit uhm..you know where this is going (Emo Dante) and as funny as it is (Fatass Megaman) Capcom's losing its touch, sure its working on RE 6 (God I hope this has no GOLD MEGA SUPER CHRIS LEON WESKER EDITION) and Dragon's Dogma/ Asura's wrath DLC but it dosen't take alot of time to fix a game, why is Capcom purposely making it's game bad? Let's see how Namco deals with this, remember you got MK9, New DoA, KoF, SSF4:AE UMVC3, TTT2, and Tekken x Streetfighter.
    Last edited by GeordieMagpie; 2012-03-07 at 02:35 PM.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    The company that first sparked my love for fighting games is now disgusting me to the point of abandonment.
    Welcome to the club. I'm a big fan of MvC series, and I also love SF4, but SFxT is so terrible as a product (the game is good, but selling 12 DLC characters that are in the disc? pre order gems? seriously?!) that is hard to have any respect by Capcom right now. I don't expect the game to disappear before Evo as it is one of the 6 main championships there, but I really expect this game to die right after that. Thank god we still have a lot of non-Capcom fighting games to be released this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Welcome to the club. I'm a big fan of MvC series, and I also love SF4, but SFxT is so terrible as a product (the game is good, but selling 12 DLC characters that are in the disc? pre order gems? seriously?!) that is hard to have any respect by Capcom right now. I don't expect the game to disappear before Evo as it is one of the 6 main championships there, but I really expect this game to die right after that. Thank god we still have a lot of non-Capcom fighting games to be released this year.

Honestly, this was expected from Cashcom, but it's better than "Super SfxT". The game is fairly decent and I think it'll last for fairly long, though I'm still pissed off at 12 characters in the disk..and not playable, if they weren't in the disk, that'd be alot better. Pre-order gems were expected. Overall, Game is good, but I'm kind of ticked off at Capcom, thought they finally would stop.
    Last edited by GeordieMagpie; 2012-03-07 at 04:05 PM.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, this was expected from Cashcom, but it's better than "Super SfxT". The game is fairly decent and I think it'll last for fairly long, though I'm still pissed off at 12 characters in the disk..and not playable, if they weren't in the disk, that'd be alot better. Pre-order gems were expected.
    I don't think it's better. I think it's fair to pay for rebalance issue, you shouldn't expect a game 100% balanced (in Sirlin's definition of "no S or F tiers"). What bothers me is paying things that are on the disc or expecting people to pre order games that relies on its community to be a good game. (no one cares about FG single player.)

And you're right, it was expected that Capcom would try to get our money. But 12 characters? They crossed the line... (my line )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    I don't think it's better. I think it's fair to pay for rebalance issue, you shouldn't expect a game 100% balanced (in Sirlin's definition of "no S or F tiers"). What bothers me is paying things that are on the disc or expecting people to pre order games that relies on its community to be a good game. (no one cares about FG single player.)

And you're right, it was expected that Capcom would try to get our money. But 12 characters? They crossed the line... (my line )

That's exactly what I mean, I guess the rebalancing is fair to pay for, thing is..their explanation for the DLC was just..unbelievable, It'd be so much better if they weren't on the disc..and just be DLC. If they're on the disc, JUST MAKE THEM PLAYABLE. I don't mind waiting 2 weeks for 12 characters, or 1 week..considering they spent 1 month without character reveals.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    I'm calling Capcom USA later on today and requesting for my money back. Since I bought the game from GameStop, I am unable to meet their criteria for new game returns. I still have my receipt and everything for verification purposes.

The ability to team up with two people on the same console was a hugely advertised feature on the PS3 and 360 versions of the game. It even still displays how to do it in my 360 manual on page 22. For Capcom to wait until the day of release to tell us that it isn't there, that they don't plan on fixing/adding it, and that it's Microsoft's fault? Who the fuck do they think they are?

That, my friends, is the definition of false advertising.
    ..So..Microsoft is blamed, ..for something Capcom did? ..Wth? ..Not to mention, it's in the manual and not in the game, ..can't Capcom just fix this, really..it's just sad. Also..if its Microsoft's fault, how does Halo, CoD, Mortal Kombat 9 and more games magically work? (Tbh, PS3 got the most benefent out of this game)
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly what I mean
    I misunderstood, my bad.

Wow, that's super shitty.

I've been mildly interested in the game for a while, but I can see myself passing because of BS like this (even though I would play on a PS3 and probably would never use the feature). I hate when companies lie about core features and/or treat their customers like morons/shit.