Help our Healers

I'm mainspec Shadow, but I heal often for our Herioc Mode attempts when one of our main healers can't make it.

Long story short, last night was not one of our best raid nights. We all have those nights, but I feel like our main healers have some spell choice issues sometimes. Here's some H Hagara logs from last night:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/hzaff...?s=7772&e=7936

A wipe due to our ret just not being very good at Frost phase, and the Mage died because I missed him when setting up the groups for POH ( >< ).

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/hzaff...?s=8136&e=8638

Our kill (apparently now, Hagara turns 180 degreees and kills ice-lance-soaking Holy Priests behind her :P).

Anyway, what it feels like is our Holy Paladin and Disc Priest tend to do a bit too much "healing low man" which means the other healer has to stop casting their AOE heal and save the the other players that aren't getting healed while these guys are busy "healing low man". I feel like if we were all hitting our AOE heals, we wouldn't have to "heal low man" because everyone would be getting enough healing from AOE heals, and things like POM, PW:S and Holy Shocks would help with any discrepancies. Since AOE heals are so much more efficient and powerful than the single target heals during phases where everyone's taking damage it seems like this would be a much better way to heal. When I was healing, I was assigned to heal in the center along with our Disc Priest. I feel like our Disc Priest could have used POH a bit more.

I'm totally open to any suggestions, and I'm sure I can use some improvements as well (although as I said, last night wasn't our best and I'm usually a bit better at switching Chakras on this fight, for instance). It just feels like we have to make a lot of accommodations for healing in our strategies that we shouldn't have to because our healers are a bit too single target focused.
    Last edited by Felade; 2012-03-07 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Hagara is a "heal low-man" encounter mate. You can't just spam aoe heal through everything and expect better results. AoE heals are not more efficient and powerful than the single target heals if the dmg isn't raidwide.

Get the shattered ice thing sorted.
    Don't oversoak ice lances.
    Don't die to being bad in frost phase.
    Assign healing in lighthing phase, so nobody dies because the healers were busy healing everyone else.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-03-07 at 03:15 PM.

When you are having the raid stand in the frost during frost phase to get pillars down faster, its an aoe encounter. *Also last time I checked the whole raid needs a lot of healing in Lightning phase.
    Last edited by Felade; 2012-03-07 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    When you stand in the frost during frost phase, its an aoe encounter. *Also last time I checked the whole raid needs a lot of healing in Lightning phase.
    I guess this depends on strategy. We just run around in the frost phase and dispel inside bubble, it takes a bit longer, but requires less healing. We have pairs of 2 chain the lighthing in lighthing phase, we assign a healer to each of those pairs, and then have the 3rd heal everyone else who isn't chaining.

Here's our last log:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3436&e=3816
    Not exactly healing intensive fight anymore.