"Heavy Rain Developer Unleashes Short Film 'Kara'"

So...has anyone seen the short (7 minutes long) film yet? If you haven't, it's a must-see. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1220250p1.html There's the link. I couldn't find a youtube link, so IGN's crappy video player will have to suffice.

Anyway, after watching it, I was blown away. Keep in mind, this is NOT pre-rendered. It's REAL TIME. Crazy stuff. Also, this was done with their "first" version of the engine. They are now using version three.

Who else is psyched?

I just saw that like 20 minutes ago. I was extremely impressed with what they put together, and how the presented it. While it may not look as good as say, the Samaratin (however you spell it) video for Unreal, it's FAR more impressive IMO.

its good but they wont do anything with it. tbh the example vids the companies make of waht their engine can do for the most part look a hell of a lot better then the games they are actually making that older vid we saw awile ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXyz...feature=relmfu be nice if thye just made these things into games

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    snip
    But keep in mind, that Samaritan thing is pre-rendered, this is NOT. It's a huge deal. Obviously, they can't force people to use it, but...dat technology...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the youtube video of this... very interesting. *

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    But keep in mind, that Samaritan thing is pre-rendered, this is NOT. It's a huge deal. Obviously, they can't force people to use it, but...dat technology...
    I don't find the graphics to be impressive at all. Everything else was really interesting, though.