Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is absolutely horrible and terrifying. I have some kind of sleeping disorder, it's not insomnia but my "natural clock" is skewed. I can have the regular 8 hours of sleep-pattern, but I cannot go to bed in the evening since I simply do not get tired. I get a sensation of being able to pass out around 6-7am, regardless of when I went up and what I did the day before, at which point I can fall asleep. It's a distinct feeling, and before I feel it trying to fall asleep is not an option. My doctor jokingly suggested moving to the US, where my clock would fit in with the regular daily rhythm, lol. Thankfully, my issue is easily combated with melatonin, I pop 2 of 'em lil' fuckers 3 hours before I go to bed and woosh, I'm out.

So I can almost, kinda relate to this. The shit I have, but without the ability to pass out in the morning. To have the feeling, just not the means. Fuck, OP, that is one sick disease. I'd go as long as I could then I'd say farewell to my loved ones and end myself before I fell into a deranged misery.
    Last edited by Dassen; 2012-03-10 at 06:47 PM.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifiedzor View Post
    So you say you go on 18months without sleep.

That would be 30x longer than any other person has ever lived without sleep through.

Fact =/= wikipedia, dont get fooled.
    And what "FACT" have you presented? I'll help you... it would be none.

FACT: FFI is real
    FACT: once FFI triggers you stop sleeping
    FACT: documented cases have lived 18 months under 24 hour surveillance (http://www.amazon.com/Family-That-Co.../dp/1400062454 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIeTVVAEFn8)

Fact: You are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Eirias View Post
    My mother died from this. I almost consider it a curse from whatever gods happen to be out there. You could literally see the fear in her eyes once she couldn't move or talk, once she required aid to even breath. I never thought it possible to physically see so much suffering in somebody without them being able to do more than look at you(and towards the end she wasn't even able to do that.)

I would much sooner acquire a disease that strips me of the ability to sleep. But I suppose I may be somewhat biased.
    Damn.....

Sorry for your loss.

I don't know, my mother has fibromyalgia. While it doesn't necessarily kill you, fibromyalgia causes you to be in full-body pain all day, every day. The scary part is it can trigger from any sudden accident. In my mother's case, it was triggered from falling down a flight of steps a few years ago.

My mother has been on painkillers for the past few years. Not just tylenol, I mean serious painkillers like hydrocodone and morphine... And it still does not take the pain away. Recently she has moved up to THE HIGHEST pain control medication you can get. It comes in patch form and she has said that it has not touched the edges of her pain.

Fibromyalgia reduces a person from a normal, active, hard-working individual to a nearly entirely disabled person. My mother went from three jobs and a normal lifestyle to medicare, disability, and barely being able to walk any distance longer than a driveway. She is only 56. My grandparents are healthier than she is. Not to mention the havoc these painkillers are probably wreaking on her system.

Sounds pretty terrifying to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    I'd take spanish flu over this shit any day of the weak :P Sure, it's a lot more infectious than FFI but not as scary!
    What's horrifying about Spanish flu, though, is that it's no different than the normal influenza virus. Not only that but in six months, the Spanish flu epidemic killed more people than the Black Death did in six years. Get your flu shots ladies and gentlemen!
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I was 5 years old I've been suffering long term from sleep disorders.

Sometimes I will have Insomnia and won't sleep for up to 4-5 days. Other times I will sleep for 32 hours non stop and feel exhausted when I wake up.

Just this, is hell. So to not sleep ever would probably be the worst illness I could personally think of. Just going 2 days without sleep causes depression, anxiety, paranoia and just overall tiredness.

do not be alarmed my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
    That is absolutely horrible and terrifying. I have some kind of sleeping disorder, it's not insomnia but my "natural clock" is skewed. I can have the regular 8 hours of sleep-pattern, but I cannot go to bed in the evening since I simply do not get tired. I get a sensation of being able to pass out around 6-7am, regardless of when I went up and what I did the day before, at which point I can fall asleep. It's a distinct feeling, and before I feel it trying to fall asleep is not an option. My doctor jokingly suggested moving to the US, where my clock would fit in with the regular daily rhythm, lol. Thankfully, my issue is easily combated with melatonin, I pop 2 of 'em lil' fuckers 3 hours before I go to bed and woosh, I'm out.

So I can almost, kinda relate to this. The shit I have, but without the ability to pass out in the morning. To have the feeling, just not the means. Fuck, OP, that is one sick disease. I'd go as long as I could then I'd say farewell to my loved ones and end myself before I fell into a deranged misery.
    up until 1850 or so the usual sleeping pattern was sleep 3-4 hours be awake 3-4 hours then sleep 3-4 hours. then the rest of the day awake.recently it have been some testing on this, they "locked up" 10-20 people for a few weeks (cant remember the exact ammount or how long they sleept each time 2-3-4 hours or so".

amyway, a few weeks without any outside input, like a window or a clock, they had electrisity though, and could read watch telly(well films and whatnot)(just deprived of the outside time perspective)
    after a week or so most if not all of them went back to the 1800 sleeping pattern, it allso redused stress and whatnot.

p.s i to can be tired all day, go to bed at midnight or 0400, sleep for a bit .wake up for a while yada yada,intresting is if i go to bed at 2200 or 0500 i never sleep longer then 1200 or so.
    ps if you cant sleep, try listening 2 something thay you need 2 pay attention to, not like music, but for example a discussion . my fav atm is the atheist experience, where people discuss religion vs sience,

ps nwm typos or whatnot