Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I thought the episode sucked, but it was cool swtor was in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkKentofAzeroth View Post
    you gotta be ultra nerd to watch the show, which I am :P and it just keeps getting better and better leonard nemoy and now this! XD
    Not really since the jokes that you need to be a geek to understand, offen get explained, thats the low points of the show :/

Anyways, if the full episode is about the game, then it sounds interresting, things like that usualy are (like in southpark)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Penny getting into AOC or whatever it was and completely degrading into a mess of a person hitting the apex of shame when going to hang out with Howard of Wallowitz was the best. I am sure they will do something good with this also.

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 11:44 PM ----------

If Sheldor is your posterboy of cool then the end is near! He will probably have a more SW style name then his other gaming names though.
    Sheldon the conqueror is the epitome of coolness. Put him in the middle of 10 hot naked women and his dick doesn't even get hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just watched it, it wasn't bad.. but it wasn't that good either, the show isn't what it used to be, as is the way with all sitcoms these days but seeing SWTOR in the show was pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't enjoyed sitcoms since Friends ended. I probably would watch this show but I can't stand any of the actors.

Could someone give us a quick recap how TOR was featured in the episode?
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

I'm sooo gonna watch this!

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Am I the only person on Earth who doesn't like this show?
    If you have any form of engineering background/interest, it's a very appealing show. I typically hate shows with overdone, forced laugh tracks, but as a physics/math major, I personally love it. Majority of math they discuss on that show is very accurate.

They've featured quite a few online games on that show, including WoW. Looking forward to watching this episode when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'll be honest, my joy faded after I read the full description. It's just another potshot at the MMO community and how they "give up real life to play video games and need rehab to stop."
    I find these moments in shows funny as you know it's not true, although my friends will say "ha, they're like you". At which point you exaggerate something that do

I'll be honest, my joy faded after I read the full description. It's just another potshot at the MMO community and how they "give up real life to play video games and need rehab to stop."
    It's hard to spin MMOs as something cool. Remember when South Park did WoW episode and Blizzard also promoted it on their website, even though it was basically a kick in the junk for MMO players?

Genres like MMOs, fantasy, and boardgames are appealing to a show like the Big Bang Theory, so even though it may use cliched topics like having no life, forever alone, etc., game companies know that the show attracts audience that's exactly their market.

They played it off pretty well (as usual). In a fun paradox Sheldon learns to that it's wrong to abandon his girlfriend to play video games all weekend, and gets to play video games all weekend.

Edit to add: Somehow real life rarely works out that nicely.
    Last edited by DrgnDancer; 2012-03-09 at 02:12 PM.

Best part of that episode, imo...the phone app (the one that makes the whip-crack sound). Going to get some use out of that. lol

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love BBT

Quote Originally Posted by SquidRott View Post
    Best part of that episode, imo...the phone app (the one that makes the whip-crack sound). Going to get some use out of that. lol
    Lol, downloaded it as soon as I could while watching the show. Ended up throwing my phone across the room, dam you slippery case!
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Deleted
    Didn't really have much about SWTOR in it. I was expecting something more along the lines of what they did for WoW in South Park. I hope Bioware didn't pay them too much to advertise it, it will get them a few people, but did perpetuate the derogatory way that most people view MMO players. I like the Big Bang theory though, the episode was alright.

Not comparable on any level to the absolutely brilliant south park WoW episode.
    but then again, big bang theory isnt any good anyway.

i can't stand bbt or any of the other series chuck lorre puts out. i think they are all awful.
    it just feels that the writers aren't even trying and just throws the same plots at the viewers backed up by a laugh track.
    with bbt it's so terribly obvious that the writers don't what they are talking about what so ever and just forces pop-cultural references in where they don't make any sense.

Deleted
    Hope they get stuff right this time.
    Have seen them do WoW talk on BBT and it seems like they are just rambling random "fantasy" terms and saying they are playing WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Juubo View Post
    Hope they get stuff right this time.
    Have seen them do WoW talk on BBT and it seems like they are just rambling random "fantasy" terms and saying they are playing WoW.
    "I have the Sword of Azeroth!" I lol'd because I knew it wasn't a real in-game item... and anything that good that they would try so hard to get it would not have been sellable on the auction house like they claim to do either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the show, but it's starting to get rather old, I always get this way over shows with 4-5+ series.

Super excited for this episode though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether you like it or not BBT is one of the most popular sitcoms in the US right now. They tend to reference pop culture items, so if ToR is featured, that's very good advertising for Bioware.