Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

After you defeat inferno m what´s the point of farming?

I put it simple , im in beta, i have ended it lots of times with all classes and i don´t have "bis" gear but i dont get any fun from it anymore
    Yeah , item stats in this stage of game are very boring and so enemies ,but once you kill the final boss why would you need more gear? you can kill any mob in the game

play another class,
    pvp,
    fun builds,
    acm's,

...there are alot of options

Deleted
    Getting every possible item in the game.

At the risk of sounding like a bastard or something... I completely lost count of the people in beta that barely know what to do.

*edit*
    What you're seeing now might be about 1% of the full game both in quantity and difficulty.
    Last edited by mmoc70c145fdaf; 2012-03-08 at 09:53 PM.

Deleted
    Why does a dog lick his balls

Deleted
    It's the same in any game really; once you've defeated the end boss - what's the point? Well... just because you've defeated inferno, there is also still hardcore to consider, which really is likely to be stepping it up an entire different level. But many people will play to farm BiS gear, not necessarily because you need it, but so you've got it. I assume there will also be things like achievements and other fun things to do - pvp perhaps, not my area of expertise.

I'd expect most people if they clear it on inferno to be the type of people trying hardcore though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    It's the same in any game really; once you've defeated the end boss - what's the point? Well... just because you've defeated inferno, there is also still hardcore to consider, which really is likely to be stepping it up an entire different level. But many people will play to farm BiS gear, not necessarily because you need it, but so you've got it. I assume there will also be things like achievements and other fun things to do - pvp perhaps, not my area of expertise.

I'd expect most people if they clear it on inferno to be the type of people trying hardcore though.
    Indeed it is a longway to go until you have a hardcore character that have beaten the game. found memories of hardcore in D2 until hacks got too rampant and killed the game play for me and others but thats another story.

Deleted
    even if u beat inferno once you wont have good gear, want Warmonger? FARM inferno

Inferno will by no means be easy. The Beta has caused people to think that the entire game will be faceroll, and boy will they be in for a surprise.*

In Inferno, mobs won't only have base resistances, higher armor, HP etc they will also be 1 level higher, so you will miss more and take more damaged. As well there will be certain champion spawns that do double / triple damage etc.*

Take Blizzards warning to heart, YOU WILL DIE.

Farming for ever more awesome items is the point of a loot game. Diablo 3 is a loot game. Welcome to the genre.

For the hell of it.

(cwutididthar?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

In D2, you kept farming because you wanted to try fun gear that defined your character, such as rare runeword items. * Enigma for example. *There is concern in the D3 community that items really don't define your character like they did in D2. *Items in D3 just seem to add a little bit of "power". *That could hurt replayability quite a bit, because it was the quirky items that kept drawing players into farming. *Its difficult to really criticize Blizz yet because we haven't seen what the itemization will look like in inferno. *But it is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by pipboyedshadowmourne View Post
    I put it simple , im in beta, i have ended it lots of times with all classes and i don´t have "bis" gear but i dont get any fun from it anymore
    Yeah , item stats in this stage of game are very boring and so enemies ,but once you kill the final boss why would you need more gear? you can kill any mob in the game
    I'm sure blizz is putting a lot of stock in you playing the RMAH in inferno for the best drops. just like gambling, it will be hard for some to stop playing cause of the possibility to make a little coin. (coin that blizzard will take 2 grabs at).

I feel that's the replay value in the long run, they want people to get hooked on, the playing of the RMAH.

People said the very same things about D2 when we all could do the act 1 part 1 to Blood Raven and claiming it was going to be blah. I'd say that for some there's going to be plenty of replability on par with d2's similar function with a few small variational additions like rmah. However there's gonna be plenty of folks who blow through the content then lamblast it and move on to something else.

Deleted
    Just a few days ago i tried Diablo II. The first act was realy easy, but the last boss of the Second act two shottet me ....

Thats is what the Beta looks like, you can go in and just spam your strongest abilities without thingink about dying, because its normal. its the first part of act 1. You can dodge stuff, but you really dont have to do it.

The casual gamer will never see act 2 of Inferno. Maybe if he spend a lot of time and gold in the AH, but playing a game for month for only 59,99 is totaly fine. Some console game cost the same and you finish them in 8-12 hours.

"for the hell of it.." - rofl, hilarious bruh

well as has been stated, I believe beating inferno once is quite an accomplishment - but you will not be lucky enough to get a full set of gear off one run. Hence running it over and over, farming for your gear - gear to trade, charms (not sure if they are back) - anything to make your character stronger, so that maybe when your friends need a run - you can be the one to help.

I take it the OP has never played a diablo game before, because if s/he did, then s/he would know that diablo games are ALL ABOUT LOOT and you will be doing Inferno runs for months, if not years, trying to get the best gear the game has to offer.

Diablo games definitely aren't for everyone but at least in past Diablo titles they had some PvP. Players loved to duel and test out their new loot and their builds against eachother. Even basic PvP like dueling adds much needed replay value to an online multiplayer game.

But the general style of Diablo is basically a hack-and-slash click-fest which for many people just really isn't all that entertaining and gets old quickly. It'll be interesting to see if today's gaming market will embrace D3 like D2 was

Deleted
    Did you just ask on a Diablo forum what the point of item farming is?

Deleted
    Like people say the point of Diablo (once you're past all of the story) is to beef up your character as much as possible with levels and perfect gear, while also MFing for the best things in the game. It's like scratching a lottery ticket.

Deleted
    Wow, BiS? And you're already feeling bored of the game and it hasn't been even launched or similar. Today's society is one big hipster craze - it's old and boring before it's even out yet.