Deleted

Getting to CTC and more on my OS tank

My pally tank is OS, little used im afraid but now I have a need to help out as the 2nd (hopefully not used much) tank in guilds DS normal.

By using certain trinkets and using mastery buffs I can get to the CTC cap of 102.4%

Any help as to what to reforge/re-gem/which trinkets to use in normal DS is much appreciated. I normally heal it but have never tanked DS before - only a few 5 mans recently etc.

Nearly got all my VP healing gear so some more VP tank gear to come later.

Character info: (logged out in tank gear so should update - still showing healer ilvl 390 atm)

eu - shadowsong - Aurathias
    eu . battle . net/wow/en/character/shadowsong/Aurathias/simple

Trinkets:
    Veil of Lies
    Mirror of broken images
    Resolve of undying (lfr)
    Moonwell Phial
    Brawlers Trophy

Also got queens boon - finger 378

And hopefully gonna go tank lfr soon....geared enough......right?

Im hoping i can reach CTC cap, and re gem a few items for more Stamina maybe?

All tips and advice welcome, and any handy reforging calculators out there that take into account all mastery buffs, food, elixir etc?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I use chardev.org to check for my Avoidance stats after applying Str buff, mastery food(lavascale Catfish), etc etc.

Mirror is a great trinket even into Heroics, the extra CD works just like a double (glyphed) DP, and will help on fights like Zon'Ozz and Ultra in Norm(more in Heroics)

Viel is nice as well if you can reach CTC without using both trinkets, as we go for Stamina after you reach the Avoid Cap.

If can't CTC w/o 2 Trinks:
    Mirror
    Resolve

If Can:
    Mirror(or Resolve)
    Veil

Fire of the Deep is a good VP trinket to get as well, thanks to all the Mastery on it, and a decent On-Use that you probably will never NEED to use, because nothing that would wreck you can be dodged, so thats why Stam > All(most oh shit moments are unavoidable)

Gem and reforge everything to Mastery. If you can reach CTC by matching sockets(40 Mastery in Yellow, 20mast/30stam Green, 20parry/20mast Red) Go for it, otherwise just Gem pure Mastery and start converting as you keep getting pieces.

Reforging, same, Highest Stat on your Gear to Mastery. Keep Dodge/Parry as close as possible. Usually if you HAVE to pick up a Hit/Exp item w/ Dodge/Parry/Mastery you wanna reforge the Exp/Hit, unless it's eg. 100Exp + 270 Dodge, you'll turn the Dodge into Mastery Because you'll get more overall Avoidance from it, than you would the Exp into Mastery.

%Dodge+%Parry+%Block+5%=102.4 CTC Cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    The real reason why everyone hates Garrosh...he sparkles in sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai View Post
    Saw a hunter named Michaelvick with no pet out

Mr Robot can be good for reforging, gemming, enchants etc. you can set out different stat weights depending on what your aiming for.

Deleted
    Ive used mr robot in the past, gemmed/enc most everything mastery as it suggested - simples!
    Now im nearing CTC im not sure which trinkets to swap, which gems/reforges to change and stay at CTC,

Still at work, havent checked if the armory has updated to show tank gear/spec - it should have (cant get to armory at work)...

I havent exactly calculated it yet but im hoping I can reach CTC cap with just 1 avd trinket and mastery food/elixir.

So if im going 1 of each trinket and still getting 102.4%, Veil and Mirror best options?

TIA
    Last edited by mmoc64fa8c7857; 2012-03-09 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smurftech View Post
    Ive used mr robot in the past, gemmed/enc most everything mastery as it suggested - simples!
    Now im nearing CTC im not sure which trinkets to swap, which gems/reforges to change and stay at CTC,

Still at work, havent checked if the armory has updated to show tank gear/spec - it should have (cant get to armory at work)...

I havent exactly calculated it yet but im hoping I can reach CTC cap with just 1 avd trinket and mastery food/elixir.

So if im going 1 of each trinket and still getting 102.4%, Veil and Mirror best options?

TIA
    Yes, unless you can buy the VP trinket, that would be better than Mirror(unless using Mirror for certain fights for the CD)

Also, when running LFR:
    Indom Pride is BiS
    Soulshifter is garbage don't get it.

Mirror of broken Images is one of those OP trinkets at the start that ends up still being decent at the end game of the expansion. The amount of damage it mitigates from Onslaughts, or Hour of Twilights, Zon'ozz's void ball is amazing. Specially when coupled with resistance aura. It is very easy to reach CTC cap AND start gemming for some stamina using green and orange gems by a 378 item level. I'd recommend, Mirror and try to get the beth trinket or Stay of Execution. Both are really good.

Right now I believe the best setup is one stam trinket one mastery trinket. Currently I'm running a Spidersilk Spindle and Indomitable Pride. I have some reforging and gemming to do since I just got my t13 helmet last night but if you can maintain CTC with a stam and mastery trinket that's probably a safe bet. Obviously you could swap out another trinket if you were going to be taking a ton of spell damage vs. physical but that's a call you have to make when it is appropriate. Also, +1 to soulshifter being garbage. A Mastery proc when you are already CTC covered is wasted and you don't want to depend on a proc to make you CTC covered. Might as well just be a pure stamina trinket. If you can't get the VP trinket (I plan on getting it at some point but I love doubling up my on equip procs that are very similar between the Spindle and Indom Pride) or a Spidersilk Spindle or even the Essence of the Eternal Flame from FL rep then stick with your Mirror and your Veil until you get ahold of an Indom Pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Mirror of broken Images is one of those OP trinkets at the start that ends up still being decent at the end game of the expansion. The amount of damage it mitigates from Onslaughts, or Hour of Twilights, Zon'ozz's void ball is amazing. Specially when coupled with resistance aura. It is very easy to reach CTC cap AND start gemming for some stamina using green and orange gems by a 378 item level. I'd recommend, Mirror and try to get the beth trinket or Stay of Execution. Both are really good.
    Hour of twilight ignores anyform of partial resistance and for that makes mobi useless on that encounter (atleast compared to the other options).

I use 1 stam trinket and swap the other around with mastery trinkets depending on the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Hour of twilight ignores anyform of partial resistance and for that makes mobi useless on that encounter (atleast compared to the other options).

I use 1 stam trinket and swap the other around with mastery trinkets depending on the fight.
    Since when?

I use DP + Mirror all the time to stay out of Hours, and the difference is about 30-40% of my health if I forget to toss Mirror on and just use glyphed DP.

May be different on Heroic? but the OP isn't doing Heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by RehabOC80 View Post
    Since when?

I use DP + Mirror all the time to stay out of Hours, and the difference is about 30-40% of my health if I forget to toss Mirror on and just use glyphed DP.

Hour of Twilight damage is unresistable. It can be mitigated with DP/DA HoS but not resisted. Resistance Aura, Aura Mastery, and mirror do not reduce Hour of Twilight damage. It does however reduce the constant AE damage going on during the fight so that may be why you think you are taking less damage.

Since when?

The Hour of Twilight falls upon Ultraxion's foes. Enemies caught within the Twilight Realm take 300000 unresistable Shadow damage. Enemies within the normal realm are instantly pulled back into the Twilight Realm. If no enemies are hit by Hour of Twilight, the Aspects will take the full brunt of the attack, disrupting the shield protecting the Dragon Soul and heralding the end of all life on Azeroth.

Thats the normal mode version, mobi never worked on it, not even ptr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    The Hour of Twilight falls upon Ultraxion's foes. Enemies caught within the Twilight Realm take 300000 unresistable Shadow damage. Enemies within the normal realm are instantly pulled back into the Twilight Realm. If no enemies are hit by Hour of Twilight, the Aspects will take the full brunt of the attack, disrupting the shield protecting the Dragon Soul and heralding the end of all life on Azeroth.

Thats the normal mode version, mobi never worked on it, not even ptr.
    well Hmph. Must just be general gear progression as to why I've noticed much less damage being taken(More Stam) since I've used it ever since. Thanks ^-^

Deleted
    well Hmph. Must just be general gear progression as to why I've noticed much less damage being taken(More Stam) since I've used it ever since. Thanks ^-^
    also that tooltip is before nerf so it's actualy only hiting for 270k these days ( hits for same damg in heroic it just hits more people)