Page 1 of 3
LastLast

ok so leveling speed in this game

is it really faster in this game to level then in world of warcraft

i mean,im lvl 20 on my juggernaught and it just feels like i should be leveling alot slower then i am.im not really rushing eather i mean im doing crew skills in between missions and i do alot of side missions

was just wondering because i guess if it really is faster to level in this game then in world of warcraft then i guess thats probably why i feel like im leveling really fast

You can get to 50 in about a week, depending on play time. So about the same as warcraft.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    You can get to 50 in about a week, depending on play time. So about the same as warcraft.
    I can't fathom that. Although I have four level 30's, one day I'll push to 50 hehe

I don't grind out quests nor do I play everyday so to me it feels like any other MMO I play casually.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    I can't fathom that. Although I have four level 30's, one day I'll push to 50 hehe

I don't grind out quests nor do I play everyday so to me it feels like any other MMO I play casually.
    I'm just mostly going by what other people here have said. In the three months I have 2 level 50's on two different server. My sage on my original Shii Cho server, and my Mercenary on Mask of Nihilus. Honestly, each took me about 3 weeks to level. I know many people in my guild still have no 50's.

Playing about 10 hours a day for 5 days, me(TK Sage) and a Trooper(Gunnery) got to 50.*

That included getting to rank 30 in PvP as well as both our class quests done before 50.*

It depends largely on 1) What you're leveling and 2) How you level. A class with an OP aoe to get quests done extremely fast just speeds up randoms quests no end. Kill 30? 3 pulls.

It depends largely on 1) What you're leveling and 2) How you level
    sith juggernaught and all ive really did was my class mission and side missions since i hit level 1
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2012-03-09 at 01:59 AM.

Just like other MMOs, you cannot judge the leveling speed on the early levels. It starts to slow down. It is still pretty quick though. While i was leveling my main, only playing 2-3 hours a night, I could usually get a level every other night. I also leveled with a static 4-man and we did all bonus quests, so that's an XP boost for not having to stop and look for groups ever and all the bonus xp from them completing bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Yeah if you play 13 hours per day...
    Average real time for most to reach 50 is 4 days, 4x 24 = 96 hours.

---------- Post added 2012-03-09 at 01:59 AM ----------

But to the OP I'd say 1-50 in this game is actually slightly faster then 1-85 in wow unless you had like full BOA's or something.

I think it took me about 2 weeks to level my main to 50, and that was playing quite a bit(at least it felt like a lot). 4-6 hours a day, not rushing through quests or anything. It seemed to be about the median level speed of my server, as I was typically competing with lots of people for quest mobs, and there was always tons of groups for the heroic quests.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

Just like other MMOs, you cannot judge the leveling speed on the early levels. It starts to slow down.
    ya,ive heard it slows down but is the level 20 not the "slow down point".cuz i figured it would of slowed down before now
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2012-03-09 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro Maljinn View Post
    Yeah if you play 13 hours per day...
    Average real time for most to reach 50 is 4 days, 4x 24 = 96 hours.

---------- Post added 2012-03-09 at 01:59 AM ----------

But to the OP I'd say 1-50 in this game is actually slightly faster then 1-85 in wow unless you had like full BOA's or something.
    If it took you 96 hours to level to 50, thats a lot slower than wow. You can level to 85 in a week with 4 hours play time. 4x7=28. And that was without boas.

I feel like it is pretty quick compared to some games. ALTHOUGH I find I can get half a level in no time amd the second have takes forever. It drives me insane.

So yes the leveling is quick but the pace at which you gain XP is retarded.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know that I had just over four days played on my Commando when I dinged 50. *It all really depends on how effective you are at the lower levels. *If you do as much as possible that the lower levels, you end up ahead of schedule. *I think I ended up skipping most of Voss and all of Corellia, but had to do class quests of course.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    ya,ive heard it slows down but is the level 20 not the "slow down point".cuz i figured it would of slowed down before now
    You do hit a wall at about that point, at least from my point of view. *

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I find my wall is generally Alderaan around 28 to 30. Probably just need to stay on top of my gear and mods more than anything.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on if you blow through the quests and how often you play. If you just mash the spacebar through cutscenes, you'll probably do it in a month or less.

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    I find my wall is generally Alderaan around 28 to 30. Probably just need to stay on top of my gear and mods more than anything.
    For me it's late Nar Shadaa. Because I don't clear every single quest, so by then I'm 3 levels under where I should be. And then I get destroyed by enemies.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    I usually hit my slow down point around level 30, usually after finishing the first part of my class quest series. After Taris and Quesh though, the leveling seems to go a bit quicker (maybe it's more interesting content, who knows)

Yeah, as others have said, the big slow down is somewhere in the 20-30 range. It slows down some after 10, then the big slow down hits post-20.

Gear does make a huge difference, and certainly class too. DPS do level much faster than Tanks or Healers.

If you can get epics too on the GTN, it can really help speed things up, and switching between keeping a DPS companion (that's also geared) out most of the time, and a Healer on the occasional harder stuff, you can get up pretty fast.

My second character took me far less than even half the amount of time to level my first character.

Gear does make a huge difference, and certainly class too. DPS do level much faster than Tanks or Healers.
    hmm

well as far as gear goes,im pretty much using whatever i can find some quest rewards.and class,well im spec'd dps(vengeance)sith juggernaught so maybe i just picked a class that levels fast

Leveled 2 tanks, 2 dps, and 1 healer to 50. They all took about a week. I did space missions and PVP quite a bit on my healer though, since it was pretty slow.