10+ Year Old Account

[Boomkin] Boomy needs help

I recently changed to boomy for the sake of our group, which is currently progressing on hm's. At the moment we're upto ultra/hagara.
    hagara I dont have a problem with, my dps there seems fine, but for ultra I only pull about 29.5k or so and for a few other fights its low too, and i was wondering what i could do to possibly improve this.
    here's a log of our best attempt: www . worldoflogs . com/reports/whqxsom5662296gh/sum/damageDone/?s=4205&e=4537
    is there anything at all i can change gear wise or any tips people with experience on this have for me?
    my armory: us . battle . net/wow/en/character/khazgoroth/Lithdan/advanced

(remove spaces from links, cant post yet)

a few points to note:
    • I dont soak any HoT's
    • I start with wrath then dot/starsurge/wrath spam, for this fight i head into lunar eclipse first as the extra haste from trinket proccing/hero at start is better used as lunar
    • I'm fairly new to playing boomy, but my basic rotation is, IS/MF/starsurge, then wrath spam till lunar eclipse, not going over the wrath casts needed to get into lunar. then starfire twice, refresh IS/MF for 15% haste, starfire spam and starsurge on cd/proc until solar eclipse. dots usually last until i get into solar. refresh IS/MF, and wrath spam, refresh IS/MF just before i leave solar, wrath spam until lunar, and then just repeat.
    • I try to use Starfall on cd, unless HoT is about to hit, trees are used at start when hero is popped with pre pot and again when i use my on use potion again.

The only suggestions I can make are: get more gear, get a lock in your group so you get DI, and get a legendary. Without buffs like DI, Power Infusion, Tricks, etc., boomkins suffer on single-target fights. You seem to be doing everything else well; unfortunately, the fat owl is at the bottom of the barrel on single-target fights. The proof is in the pudding, as they say.

Your raid buff situation is completely screwed up.

No spell power buff at all (provided by shaman but I can't see it).
    No spellcrit debuff
    No DI.

2x hunter 2x ret paladin is not a viable raid comp.

Overall dps is extremely low for being this late in the patch.
    Last edited by Pokty; 2012-03-09 at 03:27 AM.

Do not start in Lunar on Ultraxion, unless you already happen to be in it from drake trash.

Get to Solar while you're doing the trash, BE CAREFUL not to apply any dots after reaching solar, you don't want to trigger nature's grace and have it be on CD. On the countdown to pull, pop your pot at 3 sec, spawn trees, and pop starfall. Start out Insect Swarm -> Sunfire. Upon applying sunfire, quickly detonate mushrooms at the same time. Continue rotation.

You mention haste/trinket proccing, etc at the start of the fight. It's better used in Solar, actually. If you're starting at 0, it takes significantly less casts to get to solar than it does lunar. Also, your trees, starfall, and most importantly your MUSHROOMS are all getting power torrent/trinket/whatever at the start of the fight.

By your logic, you're instead using all that haste/trinket proc/whatever to uneclipsed wrath casts, what like 13 of them? I forget. Likely, your procs are gone by the time you enter Lunar, or very shortly after.

I personally don't enjoy 0.7 s wrath casts, but I do very much enjoy 1 s starfires.

most importantly your MUSHROOMS are all getting power torrent/trinket/whatever at the start of the fight.
    What trinket?

Lunar first will buff your first starfall with pots+whatever, plus you won't gcd-cap your wrath if you bloodlust at the start.
    Last edited by Pokty; 2012-03-10 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarantaur42 View Post
    The only suggestions I can make are: get more gear, get a lock in your group so you get DI, and get a legendary. Without buffs like DI, Power Infusion, Tricks, etc., boomkins suffer on single-target fights. You seem to be doing everything else well; unfortunately, the fat owl is at the bottom of the barrel on single-target fights. The proof is in the pudding, as they say.
    Doesn't it seem odd to anyone else that there are no casters on a forced-forward-facing boss' top 5 parses? Or is there some mechanic I'm unaware of that makes Dodges/Parries non-existent on that fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Doesn't it seem odd to anyone else that there are no casters on a forced-forward-facing boss' top 5 parses? Or is there some mechanic I'm unaware of that makes Dodges/Parries non-existent on that fight?
    Parries don't happen, at all, for Ultrax, so you just need the normal Exp cap: 26.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...