Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like 10mans may be less raid comp restrictive and they may be able to tune fights on the same level of difficulty as the 25 man versions. Looking great for mists already and a step in the right direction

Why don't you juste give everybody the same buffs and end of story davep? heal, tank, dps 10% stamina as well 5% stats Seriously, don't forget the PVP in that, the buffs are just fine like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    R.I.P. World of Warcraft. R.I.P. 25man Raids R.I.P. PvP 2011 Q4 Annual Pass 2012 Q1 SoR 2012 Q2 (What next to save face on millions of lost subscriptions?) These changes are just a continuation of what has already been done to make the game worse.

Deleted
    Idk if anyone else mentioned it, but for the first time gnomes bring all the buffs! They were missing 5% int str agility till now.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    I think it should go like this. Basically if the buff benefits you greatly you should get it. Only things I didn't fill out is Crit, Mastery, Casting Speed and Healing Received.
    +5% Stats: Any Druid, Any Paladin, Any Shaman, Any Monk
    +10% Stamina: Any tank spec
    +10% Melee/Ranged: Any melee dps spec
    +10% Spellpower: Any caster spec including healers
    +10% Melee Haste: Any melee dps spec
    +5% Spell Haste: Any caster spec including healers
    +5% Crit:
    +5 Mastery:

-12% armor: Any melee spec including tanks
    +4% physical damage: Any melee dps spec
    +8% spell dmg: Any caster dps spec
    -10% phys dmg done: Any tank spec
    -30% casting speed:
    -25% healing received:
    This.

There's no point going half way on this. Aiming for all groups to be able to cover buffs, but then falling short (ie making a hybrid caster dps / melee dps mandatory) just defeats the purpose.

They've gone far enough to piss off the 'omg 25 mans are dead' crew. They might as well just go the whole hog and make it workable for every 10 man. Extra tier in the new talent trees. Each spec has raid buffs relevant to their spec. They pick one of the three. Hey presto you can fully cover buffs.*

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Of course. Another elitist who thinks they know better. I'm pretty sure you'd be happy to be benched and be unable to experience all of the content just because you enjoy playing a hybrid class. Being forced to level and gear an alt just because the fight calls for it. That's not fun. Last I checked, this was a video game. The only factor should be the person playing the class, not the way the game was designed.
    Oh course, another piece of trash casual wanting everything extremely easy so they stomp on the game in their sleep. L2Play casual instead of crying about people that can play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kolz4ever View Post
    Oh course, another piece of trash casual wanting everything extremely easy so they stomp on the game in their sleep. L2Play casual instead of crying about people that can play.
    Casual does not never has and never will = bad, just like hardcore does not = elitist basement dwelling no-life. Please take your misinformed opinions elsewhere.

kolz4ever this is what you wrote previously
    Maybe people will finally learn how to raid like the olden days when you had to swap out for classes that did more damage or brought some unique buff to the fight. Hybrid classes shouldn't be able to do everything as well as a pure dps or a main tank spot. You're a HYBRID, you're there to fill in any spots or change things up when a fight calls for it. You shouldn't be able to fit every single damn role in the game and excel at it or you lose the entire point of having certain classes have different play styles. Tired of all the generic crap that has been thrown into the game so everyone can do whatever they want, whenever they want.
    Making the case that all hybrids classes should stay broken, or only fill in the empty spots. So that 'pure' dps classes, like yourself, should feel better about themselves and get raiding spots.btw wich spots should we fill in as a hybrid in 10man raiding?Yes there is a posiblity that Balance druids, Shadow priests, Elemental shaman will get the 5% haste buff ... just learn to live with it ...

Magic Vulnerability Debuff - Should be given to mages as well. Also makes more sense for mages to have this one that rogues anyway. Rogues have a crazy number of buffs/debuffs in the new setup. Having that debuff ONLY apply to warlocks and rogues is far too restrictive. THere are a LOT of 10 man groups that don't have either a rogue or warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethenor View Post
    Magic Vulnerability Debuff - Should be given to mages as well. Also makes more sense for mages to have this one that rogues anyway. Rogues have a crazy number of buffs/debuffs in the new setup. Having that debuff ONLY apply to warlocks and rogues is far too restrictive. THere are a LOT of 10 man groups that don't have either a rogue or warlock.
    Good idea and take away the 5%critical from mage and give it to rogues

Lot of 10mans don't have mages as well.
    Give this buff to mage = no more raid for locks?

For pvp good idea as well, like that big nerf for mage and nomore dps

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    I think it should go like this. Basically if the buff benefits you greatly you should get it. Only things I didn't fill out is Crit, Mastery, Casting Speed and Healing Received.
    +5% Stats: Any Druid, Any Paladin, Any Shaman, Any Monk
    +10% Stamina: Any tank spec
    +10% Melee/Ranged: Any melee dps spec
    +10% Spellpower: Any caster spec including healers
    +10% Melee Haste: Any melee dps spec
    +5% Spell Haste: Any caster spec including healers
    +5% Crit:
    +5 Mastery:

-12% armor: Any melee spec including tanks
    +4% physical damage: Any melee dps spec
    +8% spell dmg: Any caster dps spec
    -10% phys dmg done: Any tank spec
    -30% casting speed:
    -25% healing received:
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Less complex, and people will bring the player not the class in most cases because they will have what buffs they need with only 4 people. I think this is the best way to solve this "bring the player not the class" for buffs issue. And it's still beneficial whenever you are solo questing you can keep the buffs you need for your class, as well as just doing heroics or dungeons in general. Just make it as a passive buff that affects all party or raid members whenever you choose the spec you are going to play as. It's simple and makes the most sense.

Why is there no mage listed at debuffs? :P

magic vuln is one class too short

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    This is just silly. These or current buffs don't make you feel stronger when in a group because guess what, either you are in a group doing group-related stuff, or you are solo doing solo-related stuff. You never think "wow, yesterday i tried this 5-man instance with my warrior solo i really missed that 10% attack power buff".
    of course you wouldn't say that, warriors get that 10% attack power buff
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

Deleted
    Might as well do away with buffs alltogether and just give them automatically upon entering a group. Blizzard's new vision is that stat changes in talents are not interesting, which I agree with, but is a spell that gives 10% more stamina any different? A priest only casts it because it's mandatory, not because it's fun or because he thought it was the right thing to do in that situation, so why not just automatically give the whole group 10% extra stamina when that priest enters the group.
    Last edited by mmocf11091e3a8; 2012-03-10 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    This.

There's no point going half way on this. Aiming for all groups to be able to cover buffs, but then falling short (ie making a hybrid caster dps / melee dps mandatory) just defeats the purpose.

They've gone far enough to piss off the 'omg 25 mans are dead' crew. They might as well just go the whole hog and make it workable for every 10 man. Extra tier in the new talent trees. Each spec has raid buffs relevant to their spec. They pick one of the three. Hey presto you can fully cover buffs.*
    This is actually A cool idea. make a thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz thinks they're working toward perfection...Le sigh...

No more bleed damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorimli View Post
    Yeah but that was just a random bleed not a bleed like Arms Feral or Sub had and they all had bleed debuff. Now it's simply removed so all bleeds do 30% more damage without debuff.
    Uh how about, I dunno, Combat Rogue. You know, the highest dps melee spec in the game right now. You know, the one that uses Rupture. Yeah well, they can't even use Rupture in a group without a bleed debuff because it's a dps loss over a Eviscerate without the bleed debuff. Yeah, you heard me. Every group that wants to bring the highest dps melee spec to their raid is also forced to bring an Arms Warrior or a Feral Druid.

Oh, and people bitching about the Spell Damage debuff on Rogues are retarded too. You guys ever hear of Poisons? Yeah? Well they're nature spell damage and until recently also relied on spell hit to connect, even Deadly Poison which only has a 30% chance to proc to begin with.
    Last edited by Kaeleena; 2012-03-10 at 03:58 AM.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beenieshaman View Post
    Good idea and take away the 5%critical from mage and give it to rogues

Lot of 10mans don't have mages as well.
    Give this buff to mage = no more raid for locks?

For pvp good idea as well, like that big nerf for mage and nomore dps
    You mean what subtlety rogues allready got...
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.