Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    In that case so is his fathers (Getsuga) and Uruhara's.

It also doesn't remove the fact that most Shingami spend DECADES developing their abilities, and then decades/centuries their Bankai. Is it really surprising that a little kid who's had it what, a year? Doesn't know more of what his sword can do.
    Also, as I said. We've never seen him really meditate with his sword unless "crap crap crap need power!" He's like a mini Kenpachi with a bankai. Extreme power, little true skill.
    Not true.

Kisuke learned his bankai in 3 days, like Ichigo did. Both are very capable of using bankai, both to the fullest, atleast Ichigo can, Kisuke we don't know since he didn't showed it, but it's stupid to think he hasn't mastered it after all these years.

As for meditating, Ichigo did plenty. Sorry if the anime/manga weren't clear on that, but he had a lot of meditating, especially when he was in the Precipice World, to be honest, every time he entered his spirit world he was meditating.

Ichigo just managed to do better than any other Shinigami because he is a human, with special properties(Quincy), he had Hollow powers, that helped him a lot to increase his power and skill, then he got Fullbringer, which made him even better.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we've seen Ichigo meditate four or five times. That's not "plenty".
    As for Kisuke learning his bankai in 3 days, doesn't mean he mastered it during that time. He most likely spent years honing it. Look at when Renji challanges Byakuya. The difference between freshly learnt bankai and one with decades/centuries of polish.
    That's what I mean. Hitsugaya is by all acounts the freshest Captain at the start of SS arch. He's been one for longer than Ichigo and his bankai is far more evolved. Yet it's not done. He can't fully control it yet.
    So I seriously don't buy the shit of "Ichigo is fully developed".

The only meditation that we're shown Ichigo to do is at the times when he's forced to by circumstance. Yes, at times those have been lenghty (Before the last battle with Aizen). But most times highly directed to gaining one single thing. Never just a getting to know basis, always a panic one. And it's easy to miss shit when one's looking for something specific.

The only thing Ichigo's training's really given him is "more Power", never really "Higher amount of skill". I can't even remember if he can use Shunpo outside of his Bankai. Where it's just the speed he get's from his sword.

This s what I mean with "Ichigo's Shingami powers shouldn't be 'done'". Not as evolved as they can be. In Shingami years he's an abstract. Extremely powerful yet in "age" far younger than Hitsugaya in time to develop his powers. Also one of the things I'm disapointed with in the manga. It's almost only "More power/New power" for Ichigo. Never really a "Development of skill".

Deleted
    I think we've seen Ichigo meditate four or five times. That's not "plenty".
    So, you're going to say that all this time, Ichigo is shit because he only meditated 4 or 5 times? The fights he had, they don't count? The training he had, that doesn't count too?
    As for Kisuke learning his bankai in 3 days, doesn't mean he mastered it during that time. He most likely spent years honing it. Look at when Renji challanges Byakuya. The difference between freshly learnt bankai and one with decades/centuries of polish.
    You do know that Kisuke is over 300 years old, maybe even more, right? It'd be very stupid and weird of him not know how to use his bankai to the fullest.

As for Renji, he learned bankai in a different way than Kisuke did, so, normally, it's harder to master it. If you achieve bankai with the same method as Kisuke did, it's easier to learn and master your bankai.
    That's what I mean. Hitsugaya is by all acounts the freshest Captain at the start of SS arch. He's been one for longer than Ichigo and his bankai is far more evolved. Yet it's not done. He can't fully control it yet.
    Huh? Toushiro's bankai isn't fully developed like Ichigo's. Where did you get that?

Toushiro can't even use the full power of his bankai because it's too young to achieve or wield his zanpakutou's full and true power. If you have seen that Zanpakutou Arc, you'll see why, the spirit of the sword itself says that to Ichigo when they are speaking.

And Ichig's bankai is fully developed, there's nothing more for him to learn from his bankai, well not now atleast, with his new Quincy powers I'm sure he will have a different bankai, but prior to this arc, his bankai was fully developed.
    The only meditation that we're shown Ichigo to do is at the times when he's forced to by circumstance. Yes, at times those have been lenghty (Before the last battle with Aizen). But most times highly directed to gaining one single thing. Never just a getting to know basis, always a panic one. And it's easy to miss shit when one's looking for something specific.
    Not really. Just because you saw Ichigo meditate 4 or 5 times doesn't mean he didn't do it more times. According to that, since we haven't seen Ichigo go to the toilet, is it safe to assume that he doesn't piss or just solid stuff in the bathroom? I think not.
    The only thing Ichigo's training's really given him is "more Power", never really "Higher amount of skill". I can't even remember if he can use Shunpo outside of his Bankai. Where it's just the speed he get's from his sword.
    Then again, Ichigo trained with Kisuke, his fights with Zaraki, and his other fights improved his skills and abilities, Kisuke among other captains already said that Ichigo got super wtf strong because of the experience he got from his fights, to the death, that he has had.

And yes, Ichigo can use Shunpo to it's fullest, he hasn't mastered it as much as Yuruichi has, but if you remember seeing several Arcs, Ichigo can surprass Byakuya's Shunpo and speed with ease, if you can't remember that, go watch the third Arc again, when he fights with Byakuya.
    This s what I mean with "Ichigo's Shingami powers shouldn't be 'done'". Not as evolved as they can be. In Shingami years he's an abstract. Extremely powerful yet in "age" far younger than Hitsugaya in time to develop his powers. Also one of the things I'm disapointed with in the manga. It's almost only "More power/New power" for Ichigo. Never really a "Development of skill".
    Ichigo isn't a Shinigami, he has Shinigami powers, there's a difference between him and the Shinigami, he's a special human, he even gave Orihime and Chad powers, I mean, what kind of human with a fullbringer/Shinigami could do that? Not even Ginjo did that with the people he was around.

As for him getting new powers. Like I said in this wall of text before, Ichigo develops his skills too, because of the fights he has. If you remember, almost every time Ichigo meets with Zangetsu, they fight each other or Ichigo fights Zangetsu's Hollow power or wtv it's called.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-11 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Grammar... So fail xd

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've not watched any of the Anime. Nor do I consider any filler arcs as canon. They are filler. So I don't know what that Zanpakutou Arc is.

And while he isn't Shingami. I find it stupid that his powers would be fully developed just for that reason.

And the Hitsugaya thing is just what I mean. Just because Ichigo has learned to use Bankai shouldn't mean he's mastered it. If he has I think that's extremly boring.

Edit:
    I guess what I'm asking for I'd think it would be more intresting if Ichigo stayed only Shingami powers, and developed the fundamentals of those to grow stronger/more versatile. Than just become a hybrid Gary Sue.
    Last edited by Muzjhath; 2012-11-10 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    I've not watched any of the Anime. Nor do I consider any filler arcs as canon. They are filler. So I don't know what that Zanpakutou Arc is.
    You should watch it... Whether you like it or not, it's just as important to other Arcs, even for a filler, it's just interesting it always gives more information on what we know.
    And while he isn't Shingami. I find it stupid that his powers would be fully developed just for that reason.

And the Hitsugaya thing is just what I mean. Just because Ichigo has learned to use Bankai shouldn't mean he's mastered it. If he has I think that's extremly boring.
    His powers are more developed now than Toushiro's, I think, to be honest, before he lost his powers, it's safe to say that he was stronger than almost every captain, not Sunshuin or Ukitakite though and Yama ji obviously.

And yes, for the 999x times, Ichigo has mastered his bankai, yes, there might be more powers in it now since he has gained Quincy powers, but at his current state, he has mastered his Bankai.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You should watch it... Whether you like it or not, it's just as important to other Arcs, even for a filler, it's just interesting it always gives more information on what we know.

His powers are more developed now than Toushiro's, I think, to be honest, before he lost his powers, it's safe to say that he was stronger than almost every captain, not Sunshuin or Ukitakite though and Yama ji obviously.

And yes, for the 999x times, Ichigo has mastered his bankai, yes, there might be more powers in it now since he has gained Quincy powers, but at his current state, he has mastered his Bankai.
    No.

Kubo stated in an interview Hitsugaya's Bankai is now complete.

Honestly, Hitsugaya's apparently gotten extremely powerful.

The only issue is, obviously, his Bankai was stolen, so he couldn't fully show its new abilities.

Ichigo's Bankai, I'm 100%, is not complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    No.

Kubo stated in an interview Hitsugaya's Bankai is now complete.

Honestly, Hitsugaya's apparently gotten extremely powerful.

The only issue is, obviously, his Bankai was stolen, so he couldn't fully show its new abilities.

Ichigo's Bankai, I'm 100%, is not complete.
    Prior to this arc, it wasn't complete, and prio to this arc, Ichigo's was complete? The idea that I got from it is that Ichigo before this arc, had his bankai fully developed or atleast, he could use it to the fullest, as for Toushiro, he just couldn't use it to the fullest, all prior to the Arc.

I don't read Kubo's stuff, so some of my texts of walls might be wrong.

Prior to this arc, it wasn't complete, and prio to this arc, Ichigo's was complete? The idea that I got from it is that Ichigo before this arc, had his bankai fully developed or atleast, he could use it to the fullest, as for Toushiro, he just couldn't use it to the fullest, all prior to the Arc.

I don't read Kubo's stuff, so some of my texts of walls might be wrong.
    No no no.

The thing is..Ichigo's Bankai has never been complete.

Ichigo unlocked the ability to use his Bankai, yes, but he's had no ACTUAL training, which was one of the comments Byakuya made towards him when they originally fought.

His Bankai was basically complete when he fought Aizen. It was also at a level above a normal Bankai.

Regardless, Hitsugaya's Bankai has been honed to a Masterful Level for this Arc.

If you noticed, for example, during the Fullbringer Arc, Hitsugaya didn't even release his Shikai and he was able to control Ice. That's just an idea of how much he's honed his abilities in the last 18 months.

Hitsugaya never had full control over Hyorimaru, he simply had a handle around it and was progressively getting stronger and better. He even stated during his battle with Harribel that, for that specific ability, the one where a single snowflake fell from the sky and bloomed into flowers, he didn't have full control over.

Deleted
    No no no.

The thing is..Ichigo's Bankai has never been complete.

Ichigo unlocked the ability to use his Bankai, yes, but he's had no ACTUAL training, which was one of the comments Byakuya made towards him when they originally fought.

His Bankai was basically complete when he fought Aizen. It was also at a level above a normal Bankai.
    So, Ichigo's bankai is only complete when he is able to use the Final Getsuga Form transformation?

So, by that, does it mean that Ichigo's father's bankai isn't complete too? It's just that I don't get it and I can't take this one thing off of my head now.

Zangetsu told Ichigo, and so did his father, that if you learn Final Getsuga Tenshou, you'll lose all of your powers but if Ichigo's bankai is only complete when he can use Final Getsuga Tenshou freely and when he uses it, will that mean that he will lose his powers again or will he be able to control it? That's what I don't get if what you say is true.

Unless that's a weird and "incomplete" complete version of his bankai, you know?
    Regardless, Hitsugaya's Bankai has been honed to a Masterful Level for this Arc.

If you noticed, for example, during the Fullbringer Arc, Hitsugaya didn't even release his Shikai and he was able to control Ice. That's just an idea of how much he's honed his abilities in the last 18 months.

Hitsugaya never had full control over Hyorimaru, he simply had a handle around it and was progressively getting stronger and better. He even stated during his battle with Harribel that, for that specific ability, the one where a single snowflake fell from the sky and bloomed into flowers, he didn't have full control over.
    I never pay much attention to small details so I didn't notice that Toushiro was using ice/water without his shikai, that's amazing indeed!

Can't wait to see how he fights and how is power is now!

So, Ichigo's bankai is only complete when he is able to use the Final Getsuga Form transformation?

So, by that, does it mean that Ichigo's father's bankai isn't complete too? It's just that I don't get it and I can't take this one thing off of my head now.

Zangetsu told Ichigo, and so did his father, that if you learn Final Getsuga Tenshou, you'll lose all of your powers but if Ichigo's bankai is only complete when he can use Final Getsuga Tenshou freely and when he uses it, will that mean that he will lose his powers again or will he be able to control it? That's what I don't get if what you say is true.

Unless that's a weird and "incomplete" complete version of his bankai, you know?

I never pay much attention to small details so I didn't notice that Toushiro was using ice/water without his shikai, that's amazing indeed!

Can't wait to see how he fights and how is power is now!
    Your comments on Ichigo's Bankai have confused me now @_@

Basically, yes, at that point is was complete and honed to a level above Shinigami or a Shinigami with Hollow Powers.

His Bankai is different now because he regained his Shinigami powers through not just the Reiatsu of Rukia, but also every Captain and LT in Soul Society, PLUS it's now fused with his Fullbringer abilities.

Kinda off topic but is there any word that the anime will be coming back? My Tuesday morning has just been so incomplete since it stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Kinda off topic but is there any word that the anime will be coming back? My Tuesday morning has just been so incomplete since it stop.
    I finished watching the anime like 3 months ago and I am still sad. *.*

From what I know, there will be no anime until Naruto and/or One Piece animes finish, I think, but I really don't know about that, but really, as long as it comes, I'll be happy.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    If I had to guess I'd say when the manga ends. Because, you know. Filler kinda sucks.

They should have let Kubo end it with Aizen like that one hobo on the street told me he wanted. Now we have, well...interesting things.

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 04:36 AM ----------

I finished watching the anime like 3 months ago and I am still sad. *.*

From what I know, there will be no anime until Naruto and/or One Piece animes finish, I think, but I really don't know about that, but really, as long as it comes, I'll be happy.
    I'm not sure where Naruto is in the anime these days, but the manga is looking like it'll wrap up soon-ish. Rejoice, if thy rumors are true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post
    I'm not sure where Naruto is in the anime these days, but the manga is looking like it'll wrap up soon-ish. Rejoice, if thy rumors are true.
    I'm reading it, I don't see it ending in like 2 or maybe 3 months though... Especially if there's a week with no chapter. :/

There is no news about the anime coming back for the final arc. The reason the anime ended in the first place was because it became incredibly unpopular and had very poor viewership. Unless there's a huge demand from the fandom, don't count on it. But then again, Studio Pierrot screwed the anime over with terrible fillers and poor animation quality that never evolved outside a few, select episodes. Don't count on a new movie either, Hell Chapter did very poorly as well, worse than Diamond Dust Rebellion and Fade to Black.

Your comments on Ichigo's Bankai have confused me now @_@

Basically, yes, at that point is was complete and honed to a level above Shinigami or a Shinigami with Hollow Powers.

His Bankai is different now because he regained his Shinigami powers through not just the Reiatsu of Rukia, but also every Captain and LT in Soul Society, PLUS it's now fused with his Fullbringer abilities.
    Juhabach JUST said that Ichigo's bankai has not finished maturing. Its evolving, continuing to evolve, and thats part of the reason they couldn't capture it. Im pretty sure that Engetsu's bankai is matured, though.

And the power that the other shinigami contributed to the sword that restored his powers were actually modified to copy Rukia's unique reiatsu signature. In The Death Saves the Strawberry, its explained that her reiatsu was the most important for forming the sword because hers is the most compatible with Ichigo's. Urahara theorizes thats because when she gave him her powers at the start of the series, his own powers that were still inert and unformed used hers as a template to copy so it could rapidly mature. But yes, what was left of his Fullbring fused with his shinigami powers. However, that still doesn't explain where his hollow powers went - he can still use the black Getsuga Tensho, which is explicitly from his hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    It's been going for way too long personally, The day it ended was with Aizen being imprisoned. That's when it should of just be done; Not a randomly new bad guy that comes into play =/
    While i agree, there's ALOT of unknown in the story at that point.
    Things such as the history with Isshin, the "Zero-Squad" and the Spirit King. Alot of these things, we still don't know the details about.

The whole "Full-bring" arc was a bit Meeeh, imo but it served the purpose of getting the story back on "track" and setting the stage for the final arc, which should - at least according to Kubo - enlighten us about all the things we've been wondering about for years.

Anyways. As i said. Although it would have been a good place to stop the story, what with Ichigo being for all purposes a normal human being, there was still way too much story we were still left in the dark about. Too many unanswered questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    While i agree, there's ALOT of unknown in the story at that point.
    Things such as the history with Isshin, the "Zero-Squad" and the Spirit King. Alot of these things, we still don't know the details about.

The whole "Full-bring" arc was a bit Meeeh, imo but it served the purpose of getting the story back on "track" and setting the stage for the final arc, which should - at least according to Kubo - enlighten us about all the things we've been wondering about for years.

Anyways. As i said. Although it would have been a good place to stop the story, what with Ichigo being for all purposes a normal human being, there was still way too much story we were still left in the dark about. Too many unanswered questions.
    Pretty much this. There's tons and tons of unanswered questions, not to mention we know just how miserable Ichigo was without his powers. It'd be such a depressing ending to end it at that point.
    Last edited by Schaden; 2012-11-12 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    There is no news about the anime coming back for the final arc. The reason the anime ended in the first place was because it became incredibly unpopular and had very poor viewership. Unless there's a huge demand from the fandom, don't count on it. But then again, Studio Pierrot screwed the anime over with terrible fillers and poor animation quality that never evolved outside a few, select episodes. Don't count on a new movie either, Hell Chapter did very poorly as well, worse than Diamond Dust Rebellion and Fade to Black.

Juhabach JUST said that Ichigo's bankai has not finished maturing. Its evolving, continuing to evolve, and thats part of the reason they couldn't capture it. Im pretty sure that Engetsu's bankai is matured, though.

And the power that the other shinigami contributed to the sword that restored his powers were actually modified to copy Rukia's unique reiatsu signature. In The Death Saves the Strawberry, its explained that her reiatsu was the most important for forming the sword because hers is the most compatible with Ichigo's. Urahara theorizes thats because when she gave him her powers at the start of the series, his own powers that were still inert and unformed used hers as a template to copy so it could rapidly mature. But yes, what was left of his Fullbring fused with his shinigami powers. However, that still doesn't explain where his hollow powers went - he can still use the black Getsuga Tensho, which is explicitly from his hollow.
    Yeah, exactly.

Thank you for explaining it better than I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    However, that still doesn't explain where his hollow powers went - he can still use the black Getsuga Tensho, which is explicitly from his hollow.
    Black Getsuga isn't a hollow power. It's one of his Zanpakto's regular abilities that just happens to change color (and power?) as he enters the bankai release. You might think it's a hollow power because HollowIchigo mentioned he was the first person to use that power, but it's not a hollow power, it just means Hollow Ichigo is proer than Ichigo.

Seeing how his Bankai is now broken in 2, i am pretty sure he will re-develop it and gain some new power.

Also; Zero Squad is finally here, only 5 members...? And apparently, they are all stronger then Yamamoto?

So the wall around Seireitei normally protects it, and goes down in emergency's. But against what does it indeed protect?
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass