10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    How can Shunsui's Bankai be boring?! It's Shunsui. If it's gonna be like his Shikai, then we might even see a stronger Bankai version? (In the mood / not in the mood).
    To be honest I just... Can't think what his Bankai is going to be. We know Bankai are almost always linked in some way to the Shikai, but I just can't think how you could get better than his Shikai

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is it just me or do the new Getsugas look lazy? He doesn't even slash his swords, he just points them sideways to the enemy and boom, headshot.
    Yup, not a single fuck was given in that fight. He wasn't even SLIGHTLY trying and he still battered all four of them.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    If it ever goes to anime I can see Ichigo just standing there and saying Getsuga Tenshou calmly, none of his standard screaming.
    that's exactly how it went in my mind. Ichigo just being like "i'm done with this shit". Combine that attitude and his new minimalist movements, we could see a proper fight, not just ichigo flying in facefirst into fists. I mean we all know he is relatively smart, just fights like a complete newb, even after all these years

Kubo is a joke of a writer.

Is it just me or do the new Getsugas look lazy? He doesn't even slash his swords, he just points them sideways to the enemy and boom, headshot.
    It's a more controlled Getsuga. Instead of a huge overhead slash he now makes smaller (and faster?) Getsuga's. Which is fine if you just want to make the enemy projectile explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    To be honest I just... Can't think what his Bankai is going to be. We know Bankai are almost always linked in some way to the Shikai, but I just can't think how you could get better than his Shikai
    Well, from what we know is that his Shikai makes kids games "real" and that everybody in the area has to follow the rules of the games.

Spinning game, higher up game. shadow game and color game.
    (Don't get the higher up game, cause when Shunsui used it first he clearly moved to dodge the Cero Starkk shot...)

The four games we know of (maybe there are more) are all allowed to change the "normal" rules of combat, and allow to manipulate normal stuff.

So what if his Bankai goes even further? Instead of shadows that you can manipulate, you can manipulate space and time itself?
    What if the colors don't mean anything anymore, but you call out elements for example to use. Fire spawns a huge lava wall or something. Or even changes the actual floor into lava.

The higher up game makes it so there are pillars, first one to get to the top gets a free attack on the opponent (they just get randomly slashed).

Ofcourse, Katen Kyōkotsu makes the rules. And Shunsui has to follow them too.
    But what if you have a huge dimension where a Bankai is the boss, and is in the mood for a different game all of a sudden. It would be a constant changing battlefield, where you stop using the normal knowledge of battle cause you have to follow the rules and manipulate everything.

Win the game>you stay alive.
    Lose the game>you die.
    It would make it risky for both parties, but with a slight advantage for Shunsui as he knows his own Bankai.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    That could work Kaj. But the problem is I think that's a little TOO similar to his Shikai, I was thinking more something along the lines of Shikai causes everything in the radius to be under his Zanpaktou's control, what if his Bankai allows HIM to set the rules on the area. He would still have to obey them, so it could still backfire on him, but he could do wierd shit to throw his enemy off.

So imagine, he's in a pitched battle with (probably) Haschwalth, They're bouncing around hacking at eachother Then suddenly Shunsui stops "all damage is return to the one that inflicts it" Haschwalth slashes him across the chest and BAMN gets a huge cut across his own chest, while Shunsui remains unharmed.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Simple upgrade to his Bankai; Shunsui now controls the rules.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    Simple upgrade to his Bankai; Shunsui now controls the rules.
    Aye as I said above I think that's the most likely course they'll take.

And as we know Shunsui is a weird fucker... Gods only know what rules he'll think up .

But most Shikai's and their ability are really close to their Bankai :P There are only a few, if there are ANY at all that change a lot.

Byakuya; Shikai and Bankai, completely the same. All that changes is the amount of leaves and how he gets a few more attacks. But the overall Zanpakuto is completely the same. One that changes from a ranged attack of a million blades into a billion blades that are faster and

Hitsugaya; get's a few extra limbs (wings/tail), stronger freezing / bigger radius. And again; few new attacks.

Yamamoto; uses huge amounts of fire in Shikai to reduce you to ashes. While his Bankai is less flashy, it is still using a huge amount of flames to reduce you to ashes, but it's all moved to his sword instead of fire externally.

If Shunsui's Bankai would let him make the rules, why would he not use it right away? It would be too overpowered cause he could literally change the rules just moments before he got hit and then revert the rules once again when he is going to strike.

It will have rules, and it will be annoying as hell, for both Shunsui and his opponent cause i think the rules would change a lot. The only difference is, that Shunsui KNOWS the rules.
    And then you get your point; it could easily backfire. Haschwalth could slash Shunsui and then he get's slashed cause the rules are mirrored. Not because Shunsui wants it, but because his Bankai wanted it.
    It could easily go like that for Shunsui too. He strikes but the rules change again, backfiring onto Shunsui.

Exactly. Shunsui's Shikai had EVERYTHING that could backfire on him. That's the whole idea behind it. He has to follow the same rules as everybody. The only advantage he has is that he knows the rules.

Starkk just didn't know how to use the stuff and he was a long range fighter. He only used the shadows with the wolves which was near the end of the fight, and he sure was one to catch stuff like using the shadows. It just took him long to actually use it cause he was being so depressed.

And no. I doubt a lot of people know what Shunsui's Bankai was. I think all in all, maybe a few people knew it. Not counting Squad Zero or Urahara. Cause Urahara knows everything.
    Yamamoto, Ukitake, Unohana and MAYBE Sasakibe. Not even sure about him. For the rest i doubt anybody would know about it.

Yamamoto trained them, so ofcourse he knows.
    Same with Ukitake/Unohana, they trained with him so yeah.

And how could the Vanderreich know?

Juha knew about Yamamoto's Bankai because they fought 1000 years ago, but it still changed. The rest of the Sternritter could simply steal Bankai so they had nothing to fear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sasakibe's bankai was only used once and still lieutenants knew about it. Bankais are the great works of Soul Society. Heck I'd expect young kids in Seiretei to know them like legends and drool about them like the average forumite. I am not saying people will know exactly what it does, but certainly they will have some knowledge of it. Also if Shunsui has used bankai in the last thousand years while in Seiretei, then the Quincies probably know it from the shadows
    I thought Shunsui was forbidden from using his Bankai for the same reason Yamaji never used his; the spiritual pressure from it would kill almost everyone around it, friend or foe.
    BfA Beta Time

Sasakibe's bankai was only used once and still lieutenants knew about it. Bankais are the great works of Soul Society. Heck I'd expect young kids in Seiretei to know them like legends and drool about them like the average forumite. I am not saying people will know exactly what it does, but certainly they will have some knowledge of it. Also if Shunsui has used bankai in the last thousand years while in Seiretei, then the Quincies probably know it from the shadows
    Who knew about his power? Sure, a few people would have known about it.

Hisagi knew nothing about it when he saw the Overkill use it. And according to the Bleach manga he has never used his ability in front of others since the creation of the Gotei 13. So i doubt a lot of people would know it...

Yeah, people know about Bankai's, but that doesn't mean they actually know their powers. They know that Captains have a Bankai, but most Bankais are a complete mystery to most.

And we don't know if the Quincy know. Yamamoto fought a thousand year ago, yet he suprised them with the tip and edge change. So it's more likely that they know nothing about the powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    I thought Shunsui was forbidden from using his Bankai for the same reason Yamaji never used his; the spiritual pressure from it would kill almost everyone around it, friend or foe.
    Yamamoto was not really forbidden to use his Bankai tho. If he uses it he needs to end the fight quickly, that was the problem with his Reiatsu pressure and the Bankai.

Wasn't Shunsui Bankai dangerous cause the "rules" or whatever it's power is, was dangerous? Or am i thinking of somebody else now? Cause i know there is somebody who's Bankai was "dangerous to use near others".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    But most Shikai's and their ability are really close to their Bankai :P There are only a few, if there are ANY at all that change a lot.
    This isn't that huge of a change. In Shikai his Zanpaktou sets the rules and everyone inside has to obey them. In Bankai HE sets the rules and everyone inside the range has to obey them.

And frankly while none of us may be able to agree on WHAT his Bankai is, I think we can all agree it's going to be a SERIOUS game changer.

I also agree that not many people in SS and NO ONE in the Vandenreich knows what Shunsui's Bankai is. I think the real question is what's going to happen to make him release it? I don't think it'll be as simple as him getting his ass kicked, that seems to... bland.

My theory:
    Shunsui is fighting Haschwalth, while Nanao looks on from the side, using that shield she created to keep everything but them out of the area.
    The fight is fairly even, Haschwalth has a slight advantage, Shunsui takes a couple of hits and decides to release Shikai. This turns the tide and Haschwalth is under serious pressure, taking a major wound or two. This results in him dropping his Vollstandig, the fight seems to still be going Shunsui's way... Then Haschwalth uses his power and hits Shunsui HARD, Shunsui falls back, looking like he's in serious trouble... As Haschwalth goes to deliver what could be the final blow Nanao chan jumps in and takes the hit, dying in the process...

Then Shunsui LOSES his shit, the calmest captain in Soul Society takes a page out of Zaraki's handbook and goes full on Super Saiyan Rage Full Beast mode, last panel of the comic "I was told not to do this, but you killed my Nanao chan, you have signed your death warrent... Bankai!"

then a couple of weeks of a different fight, because Kubo is a world class troll.

The fight resumes and we get to see Shunsui's full power... For about a panel, maybe two, before he annihilates Haschwalth and just leaves a bloody puddle on the floor and goes on a full on rampage, using each of his Bankai's abilites to oneshot a different random no name Sternritter, until Ukitake finds him and calms him down.

That would be AWESOME.

Only 3 Captains are required to see a Bankai as part of the Captain test. Likely Unohana, Yamamoto, and Byakuya's grandfather were the ones to witness it, which would make it possible that Ukitake is the only person alive that has seen Kyoraku's Bankai.

I am kind of leaning towards his Bankai playing off of the "oni" part of the games' names. Plus Katen Kyokotsu translates into "Flower Heaven Crazy Bone", and oni in Japanese myths are depicted as carrying clubs of bone and some versions are tricksters/game players.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I was told not to do this, but you killed my Nanao chan, you have signed your death warrent... Bankai!"
    Cliched as hell... But would be cool to see none the less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    Cliched as hell... But would be cool to see none the less.
    Doesn't that pretty much sum up Bleach

The only thing we know about Shunsui's Bankai is that Ukitake tells him not to use it against Starrk (and Shunsui felt he'd have to use it, and probably would if he had not gotten a chance to see all of Starrk's powers and catch him distracted). The only other Bankai we've been told is dangerous is Urahara's (more like, not suited for training).

Ofc this implies that you are right and Aizen and Co did not know what Shunsui's Bankai is, that it is a gamechanger that would offer them an opportunity to get Aizen (possibly a backup plan since I am sure at least Shunsui and Ukitake knew Yama's actual battle plan).
    He was not really planning on using it i think. Guess some internal battle if he should or shouldnt. If Ukitake didn't jump in then he would have used it most likely. But the part that Ukitake says that his Shikai is better to use then Shunsui's Bankai in that fight, makes me wonder what it could be...

This isn't that huge of a change. In Shikai his Zanpaktou sets the rules and everyone inside has to obey them. In Bankai HE sets the rules and everyone inside the range has to obey them.

And frankly while none of us may be able to agree on WHAT his Bankai is, I think we can all agree it's going to be a SERIOUS game changer.

I also agree that not many people in SS and NO ONE in the Vandenreich knows what Shunsui's Bankai is. I think the real question is what's going to happen to make him release it? I don't think it'll be as simple as him getting his ass kicked, that seems to... bland.

My theory:
    Shunsui is fighting Haschwalth, while Nanao looks on from the side, using that shield she created to keep everything but them out of the area.
    The fight is fairly even, Haschwalth has a slight advantage, Shunsui takes a couple of hits and decides to release Shikai. This turns the tide and Haschwalth is under serious pressure, taking a major wound or two. This results in him dropping his Vollstandig, the fight seems to still be going Shunsui's way... Then Haschwalth uses his power and hits Shunsui HARD, Shunsui falls back, looking like he's in serious trouble... As Haschwalth goes to deliver what could be the final blow Nanao chan jumps in and takes the hit, dying in the process...

Then Shunsui LOSES his shit, the calmest captain in Soul Society takes a page out of Zaraki's handbook and goes full on Super Saiyan Rage Full Beast mode, last panel of the comic "I was told not to do this, but you killed my Nanao chan, you have signed your death warrent... Bankai!"

then a couple of weeks of a different fight, because Kubo is a world class troll.

The fight resumes and we get to see Shunsui's full power... For about a panel, maybe two, before he annihilates Haschwalth and just leaves a bloody puddle on the floor and goes on a full on rampage, using each of his Bankai's abilites to oneshot a different random no name Sternritter, until Ukitake finds him and calms him down.

That would be AWESOME.
    2 People that are alive know it probably. Ukitake and Urahara :P

But yeah, it's hard to predict what it's gonna be. A game, rules you have to obey, mind control shit. Please, time machines, or atleast all chapters from now till the end.

Well, Shunsui is more a strategist, so he will probably "feel" Haschwalth out a bit, but remember; he already planned / figured something out when Haschwaltz destroyed the first barrier.

It will be something with Nanao, i agree on that part. Maybe something with the scales tipping into favor of Shunsui / Haschwalth? Shunsui being all protective and not releasing Bankai because of Nanao?
    Or Haschwalth because he used Vollstandig?
    Either way Shunsui will get to see the scales tip too. And Nanao will get wounded or die. It might be because Shunsui get's his ass kicked by a Vollstandig Haschwalth, or some random Sternritter jumps in and attacks Nanao. Or he did release his Bankai and that get's Nanao in trouble?

He will indeed use Bankai, and then there will be a break / some other fight. You just know it's gonna happen. But, i don't think he will annihilate Haschwalth that easily.

I can see a tag team combo of Ukitake and Shunsui happen too actually. Ishida and Haschwalth vs Shunsui and Ukitake?

I've always theorized Shunsui's bankai to be something as simple as a coin toss of life and death. Whoever loses dies instantly. It would meet all the criteria so far and match his shikai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    I've always theorized Shunsui's bankai to be something as simple as a coin toss of life and death. Whoever loses dies instantly. It would meet all the criteria so far and match his shikai.
    Haha, that would be so awesomely Trolltastic...

We get like, three four chapters of Shikai fight in buildup, then Shunsui is all "GAH, fuck this BANKAI!" and then chapter ends, next chapter starts and Haschwalth is already dead
    Nanao: What the hell just happened?
    Shunsui: When I release Bankai it toses a coin for everyone in the area... he lost. *sheathes his sealed Zanpaktou again*

Stuff happens. Bazz-B returns. More things happen. Apparently Yhwach, Haschwalth, and Ishida are doing something; my guess is the real battle is going to start within the next few chapters. Thats pretty much it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.. Why didn't they work to take out Bazz-B? He ambushed them for his own lame reasons, failed to one shot them, and they decide to just coop a few seconds later? Considering Gigi's arrogance/personality shown so far, I'm surprised she just took that and decided "okay, let's share Ichigo now....".

I really hope there's some intervention soon, and less posturing between each chapter. Damn, start the good fights already.