"Hey, Aizen, remember that time you tried to overthrow all of everything, kill the Soul King and become God but we had to shut you down because that particular job was already filled? Well, we still have your rather impressive resume of betraying the ever-living fuck out of everyone around you and we currently seem to have a job opening if you're interested..."

I was sure somebody was going to do something to become the next soul king. I did not expect it to be Ukitake, I really thought it was going to be Kisuke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kubo says that Shunsui is going to free Aizen, because in his current non-hogyoku state, Shunsui's Bankai could easily take him down.

I'm ok with him coming back now
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Kubo says that Shunsui is going to free Aizen, because in his current non-hogyoku state, Shunsui's Bankai could easily take him down.

I'm ok with him coming back now
    And then we find out this was part of Aizen's plan all along and he's been playing everyone for suckers once again.

When did he say that?

How does that even make sense lol. The whole reason Central 46 didn't kill him was because he was unkillable. But he's weaker than Shunsui? Wtf can he really help with then?

How does he even have a non-breakdown sphere state?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    When did he say that?

How does that even make sense lol. The whole reason Central 46 didn't kill him was because he was unkillable. But he's weaker than Shunsui? Wtf can he really help with then?

Read it in an interview last year, I could try and find it but I believe it was at the end of a lloonnggg night wikisurfing, honestly I don't think I could find it again with directions.

Note, I didn't say he could KILL him, just take him down. As in get him back to prison.

I mean the state he's in right now. He still has the immortality but that's all, he's lost the insane powers he had before he took a face full of Final Getsuga Tenshou

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Q. Why Kyouraku didn't go Bankai? If he get serious he might defeat Aizen!
    A. Shunsui's appeal is not to defeat Aizen. But I let the readers think that 「If he goes Bankai he might be stronger than Aizen」

Non working link that leads to the said interview

As far as we know, Aizen has nothing but his own strenght right now. His Zanpakuto got destroyed by the hogyoku, or as Aizen called it; "Fused with him". But, as long as Aizen has the hogyoku in him and it will recognize him as the master then well, god knows what will happen...

Don't forget; Aizen on his own was already really powerfull without his full hypno Shikai bullshit. Maybe not as strong as others are now, but surely powerfull enough. It just depends on the hogyoku now.

We don't know how strong Shunsui is compared to SZ / EG. He got caught vs the old guy cause of Juha beating Yamamoto. We don't know how strong his Bankai is, and don't forget that his Shikai already gives him a advantage against most opponents.
    So yes. I honestly think that Shunsui with Bankai could actually beat Aizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Things must be that desperate if Aizen is returning
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Shinsui's bankai is going to be Shinokane. A big coin that flips in the air, if it lands on heads the opponent instantly is killed, if it lands on tails then Shinsui dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    When did he say that?

I'm guessing it's how Shunsui's bankai works. Since his shikia uses "games" I'm thinking his bankai works the same was only stronger. He wouldn't kill him but incapacitate him in some form. Would also make sense considering what was said during the Stark fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    Shinsui's bankai is going to be Shinokane. A big coin that flips in the air, if it lands on heads the opponent instantly is killed, if it lands on tails then Shinsui dies.
    LoL that would be pretty insane... Funny as hell though and would work very well against Haschwalths Vollstandig.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I'm guessing it's how Shunsui's bankai works. Since his shikia uses "games" I'm thinking his bankai works the same was only stronger. He wouldn't kill him but incapacitate him in some form. Would also make sense considering what was said during the Stark fight.
    That his bankai was too dangerous for this fight? I dont remember the exact words
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    That his bankai was too dangerous for this fight? I dont remember the exact words
    I believe the dirext quote is something like "Don't use it where other's can see!" So I'm thinking it might have a quite hollowlike apperance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the dirext quote is something like "Don't use it where other's can see!" So I'm thinking it might have a quite hollowlike apperance.
    Or could be "once you see it, it's too late" kind of thing.

It was a "Don't use it where other's can see." Does that mean Shunsui will beat the living crap out of Aizen (in pitch black) so we won't see the Bankai yet either?

His Bankai just HAS to be atleast top 3 HOLY FUCKING SHIT in Bleach history. It just has to!
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm calling it now. It's a Naruto Sexy Harem style bankai. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    His Bankai just HAS to be atleast top 3 HOLY FUCKING SHIT in Bleach history. It just has to!
    If it isn't at LEAST Zanka no Tachi level OP, I'm quitting bleach

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    As for Aizen, I have no issue with him coming back. It's not like there aren't several people stronger than he was now. The very fact Shunsui has gone to (I assume) release him tells me they either just need another strong fighter, need some info he might have or, and this is likely a stretch, Aizen has some connection to the Soul King.
    I'm still not convinced that Aizen is innocent of the things going on now and that before it's over, we'll find out he somehow planned all of this or at the very least, found a way to start manipulating events once they began happening.

In regards to the mystery behind Shunsui's bankai, I remember someone else's theory about why Ukitake advised him against using it around so many people:

His zanpakutou works in such a way that he and his opponent engage in games of sorts. His opponents can use them against him if they understand the rules. If his bankai has even more games and rules, then exposing them in front of so many people probably wouldn't work in his favor.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'll bet he knew about Juha and all the Quincy in that shadow world thing, tbh. That man knew a metric shit ton of stuff about everything lol
    http://www.goodmanga.net/bleach/chapter/514/14

I'm thinking this is going to come up again; at first glance, it's pretty inconsequential and Aizen just threw off Juha's timetable a bit. But because this is Aizen we're talking about, it's safe to assume there's more to it than we (or anyone else) realizes. This trivial detail will likely become something important further down the road.