Called it!

So much potentional, but it feels like it is rushed to be just over with / get to "important" things...

"Oh HAAAAAAI, this here is my bankaaiiiiiiii, and it uses music, cause you know, if you don't freaking hear you will counter it."
    Really?
    I gotta say, love his face when he goes for the third act, some mad composer

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    And so far the ones who have been most successful are the non-Visored captains. Hitsugaya, Komamura and Sui-Feng all beat a Stern-ritter, whereas Shinji, Kensei and Rose all got creamed without bothering to mask up.
    Shinji got caught offguard tho. Kensei/Rose just failed and guess they had to made a place for Renji now.

Honestly, i doubt we will see much of Renji right now. It will be over quickly i guess.
    Also seems like his Bankai cloth (the fur on his shoulders) is now made by that woman who did their clothes.

And i was wondering, not all Sternritter went into their Vollstandig, that means that those who stole a Bankai, aka As Nodt, still has it.
    Byakuya wasn't anywhere near Seireitei. Did he get a pill? Cause if not i can see Rukia fight As Nodt and Senbonzakura.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Decent chapter, nothing special but pretty good.

Rose is a bitch, we know this, he is the Komamura of the Vizard, he got his ass kicked by Starrk, he got oneshot by Maske, he is a bitch... His bankai looked pretty cool though, just a shame that much like Komamura it has a HUGE weakness that anyone with a brain can exploit.

@Kaj I'm pretty sure they mentioned "every captain level shinigami in OR out of Seireitei" will get the pill, so Byakuya and Renji should both have it.

Renji looked epic at the end there, can't wait to see him fight next week
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Ah ok, would be pretty awesome tho if As Nodt still had it

It's just so terrible, we barely see the new Bankais now. I'm afraid we will miss the epicness of Shunsui/Kenpachi >.>
    How many times have we seen the older ones? Every fight pretty much. Only one right now that had some "show time" was Yamamato. But the rest? Come on, i'm sure there has to be more to Rose his Bankai then some puppets making music...

Oh well, he has no hands left to play music now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope he is saving the good best for later

The last few bankai's have been highly unimpresive.

Unohana's was unclear
    Kensei hits people a bit harder .. yey.. the swords still do more real damage whenn they hit
    And music Illusion, Non really having anny showtime

Renji's shikai still looks the same, can't see his bankai beign all to different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be hilarious if Renji got owned instantly too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    It's just so terrible, we barely see the new Bankais now. I'm afraid we will miss the epicness of Shunsui/Kenpachi >.>
    If he shows as much of Shunsui's Bankai as he did of Rose/Kensei... I'm not reading any more

I'm guessing he's skipping the Bankai of the characters that didn't really have much of a fanbase because he (unwisely) promised that every bankai would be shown this arc, so now he's covering some of the lamers ones as quickly as possible so that he can spend more time on things like Shunsui/Ichigo etc's Bankai, the ones that people REALLY want to see.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    I hope he is saving the good best for later

The last few bankai's have been highly unimpresive.

Unohana's was unclear
    Kensei hits people a bit harder .. yey.. the swords still do more real damage whenn they hit
    And music Illusion, Non really having anny showtime

Renji's shikai still looks the same, can't see his bankai beign all to different.
    Unohana's probably went to Kenpachi. Wasn't even unclear, all she did was call Bankai and they melted. Yeah...
    Kensei is not just hitting harder, the moment he touches you it actually implodes (mangastream translation) :P
    Rose could have been a LOT more, true. What if those puppets were actually fighting, or anything else but just, running in a circle around you...

Renji will probably show his Bankai. Shikai looks the same, but Yamamato's Bankai looked the same too after 1000 year :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    If he shows as much of Shunsui's Bankai as he did of Rose/Kensei... I'm not reading any more

I'm guessing he's skipping the Bankai of the characters that didn't really have much of a fanbase because he (unwisely) promised that every bankai would be shown this arc, so now he's covering some of the lamers ones as quickly as possible so that he can spend more time on things like Shunsui/Ichigo etc's Bankai, the ones that people REALLY want to see.
    I'm looking too much forward to see Shunsui and Kenpachi. Those two are just so badass right now >.<
    And yeah, it's probably true but still. Big fanbase or not, surely it would be nice to see more of their Bankais. But who knows, maybe they will come back later on.

But just looking at this, that is what, fourth Bankai that is rushed? Unohana, Komomaru and then Kensei and Rose.
    (Komomaru is for me rushed cause well, his "temporary" Bankai did nothing.)

Who are left to show?
    Shinji - Ukitake - Renji - Shunsui - Ichigo - Kenpachi(Wouldn't be too suprised, since he was always in Shikai, wasn't he?) - Isshin (kinda curious about this one too seeing how it is a burden to his body) and ofcourse; Urahara.

So i doubt Shinji will have much screen time, Ukitake will be there to back up Shunsui. Ichigo yeah ofcourse. Kenpachi will show his new Shikai/Bankai. Isshin dunno if he will come fight, and same for Urahara.

Unohana's probably went to Kenpachi. Wasn't even unclear, all she did was call Bankai and they melted. Yeah...
    Kensei is not just hitting harder, the moment he touches you it actually implodes (mangastream translation) :P
    Rose could have been a LOT more, true. What if those puppets were actually fighting, or anything else but just, running in a circle around you...

Renji will probably show his Bankai. Shikai looks the same, but Yamamato's Bankai looked the same too after 1000 year :P

I'm looking too much forward to see Shunsui and Kenpachi. Those two are just so badass right now >.<
    And yeah, it's probably true but still. Big fanbase or not, surely it would be nice to see more of their Bankais. But who knows, maybe they will come back later on.

But just looking at this, that is what, fourth Bankai that is rushed? Unohana, Komomaru and then Kensei and Rose.
    (Komomaru is for me rushed cause well, his "temporary" Bankai did nothing.)

Who are left to show?
    Shinji - Ukitake - Renji - Shunsui - Ichigo - Kenpachi(Wouldn't be too suprised, since he was always in Shikai, wasn't he?) - Isshin (kinda curious about this one too seeing how it is a burden to his body) and ofcourse; Urahara.

So i doubt Shinji will have much screen time, Ukitake will be there to back up Shunsui. Ichigo yeah ofcourse. Kenpachi will show his new Shikai/Bankai. Isshin dunno if he will come fight, and same for Urahara.
    what about yoruichi?

Deleted
    Pretty sure Yoruichi lost her zanpakotou. Right? I actually don't remember but we've never seen her have one during the present times, so I doubt she would have it now unless she's the one to come and save the day, in which case, her showing her zanpakutou would be a possibility but I wouldn't rely on it...

Also wondering if Rukia has bankai or not, most likely I guess. >->

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Pretty sure Yoruichi lost her zanpakotou. Right? I actually don't remember but we've never seen her have one during the present times, so I doubt she would have it now unless she's the one to come and save the day, in which case, her showing her zanpakutou would be a possibility but I wouldn't rely on it...

Also wondering if Rukia has bankai or not, most likely I guess. >->
    I cant remember if they stated she lost it, i think she just prefers Shunko

Uhm. Aizens Bankai too? Hello?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    maybe we witnessed it already, when the Quincy went and tried to recruit him to fight for them, and time was manipulated and they stayed longer than they thought they had

I don't know why the confusion on Unohana's Bankai and if your theory is correct there is no way Kenpachi could survive it. Unohana is a beast healer just to survive her own Bankai's power of decay (honestly though I thought this was waaaaaaaaay too much like Barrigan). Kenpachi has no self-curatives to keep him up.

Also, Kenpachi doesn't have a new shikai, we've always seen his shikai. He just will have his bankai.

I'm waiting with bated breath to see if the S and Renji have a conversation after destroying his own eardrums. I hope Kubo doesn't miss this......

Called it!

Shinji got caught offguard tho. Kensei/Rose just failed and guess they had to made a place for Renji now.

Honestly, i doubt we will see much of Renji right now. It will be over quickly i guess.
    Also seems like his Bankai cloth (the fur on his shoulders) is now made by that woman who did their clothes.

And i was wondering, not all Sternritter went into their Vollstandig, that means that those who stole a Bankai, aka As Nodt, still has it.
    Byakuya wasn't anywhere near Seireitei. Did he get a pill? Cause if not i can see Rukia fight As Nodt and Senbonzakura.
    They got blind sided by an ability they didn't understand nor know about initially.

This Wrestler Quincy does not seem strong in the slightest. He only became powerful and a huge threat after his ability had become activated.

Even before that, if he hadn't blown out his fucking eardrums he wouldn't gotten obliterated by Rose's Bankai. Tbh I think the shock of him destroying his own eardrums threw Rose for such a loop he didn't have time to react.

Don't shit on these two characters though just because they got punked by some guy's unexpected ability. Even when he was pumped up, when Kensei attacked again it was obvious he was about to thoroughly injure this guy until his little fan cheered him on more-so.

Do have to say though I love the concept of Rose's Bankai. The look of it is fucking creepy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Tbh I think the shock of him destroying his own eardrums threw Rose for such a loop he didn't have time to react.
    Pretty stupid that it did. His abilities go around sound and he never expected someone would do this...? Please.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Pretty stupid that it did. His abilities go around sound and he never expected someone would do this...? Please.
    I wouldn't have expected the guy to burst his own damn eardrums, that's crazy in the middle of fight to just erase one of your senses.

Still though, I'd have expected him to do something to limit the sound, and would've thought Rose to have at least some basic counter setup. Failing that, the reflexes to at least turn on the mask and deflect that star beam. Disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stayfrostee View Post
    what about yoruichi?
    Oh yeah :P Well she never carries it, but cause she was a captain she must have pretty much achieved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Nope. Won't happen.
    In his fight with Ichigo, the Hogyoku destroyed his Zanpakuto. He even claimed himself that he didn't need it anymore as he was a being above all.

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    I don't know why the confusion on Unohana's Bankai and if your theory is correct there is no way Kenpachi could survive it. Unohana is a beast healer just to survive her own Bankai's power of decay (honestly though I thought this was waaaaaaaaay too much like Barrigan). Kenpachi has no self-curatives to keep him up.

Also, Kenpachi doesn't have a new shikai, we've always seen his shikai. He just will have his bankai.

I'm waiting with bated breath to see if the S and Renji have a conversation after destroying his own eardrums. I hope Kubo doesn't miss this......
    Unohana's Bankai has been the weirdest thing ever to me. It's just completely unclear what it did. Yes it might have been the decay and that she heals it up fast enoug (even tho they both were pretty much bones...)
    But, how do we know for sure it wasn't just a illusion?
    She mastered her healing so she can fight longer and yes, maybe to counter her own Bankai. But if the second is true, how does she know she has to do that? Her Shikai heals people, how would she know what her Bankai's specialty is without using it once? She would pretty much be dead (unless the Squad Zero dude healed her up) but otherwise it is highly unlikely.

And as for it being transfered to Kenpachi, it could be a possibility. He found his sword, and it's been always in Shikai, (i think in the Zankaputo arc it was stated that Kenpachi's Bankai would destroy the world if i recall corectly) but what if Minazuki transfers from Kenpachi to Kenpachi?
    Unohana never really lost her title. And with not losing her title she could have been able to keep Minazuki.

If he will have Bankai (it's possible now he knows the name) we will see. I kinda doubt it tho, it would be too far (and, the part above ofcourse :P)

And yes, they will have a conversation :P

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    They got blind sided by an ability they didn't understand nor know about initially.

This Wrestler Quincy does not seem strong in the slightest. He only became powerful and a huge threat after his ability had become activated.

Even before that, if he hadn't blown out his fucking eardrums he wouldn't gotten obliterated by Rose's Bankai. Tbh I think the shock of him destroying his own eardrums threw Rose for such a loop he didn't have time to react.

Don't shit on these two characters though just because they got punked by some guy's unexpected ability. Even when he was pumped up, when Kensei attacked again it was obvious he was about to thoroughly injure this guy until his little fan cheered him on more-so.

Do have to say though I love the concept of Rose's Bankai. The look of it is fucking creepy.
    Well, i kinda think they failed. Yeah they didn't know his ability and he looks weird like shit with the midget there. But that is exactly why they failed. They went all in (well, Kensei did) before they even knew his how's and what's.
    The beam is totally getting somebody offguard, i give you that. But they could easily have put on their Hollow mask and be faster/stronger then just go Bankai and hope to finish it like that. And that is why i say they failed.
    They got both caught offguard and to make it worse, Rose literally told him how to counter his Bankai's ability. How is that not failing?
    Yeah for us, the readers, it is nice to know what his Bankai does instead of just watching some wires dance and screw Superstar over. But it could still be explained AFTER the fight.

Yes, him destroying his own eardrums was unexpected for Rose, but come on. Deaf or dead. That just shows how much smarter Superstar seems to be (or atleast a quick thinker).

And i agree, it looks creepy, but oh so awesome. 2 giant hands, him holding his little maestro stick. That crazy face.

Unohana's Bankai has been the weirdest thing ever to me. It's just completely unclear what it did. Yes it might have been the decay and that she heals it up fast enoug (even tho they both were pretty much bones...)
    But, how do we know for sure it wasn't just a illusion?
    She mastered her healing so she can fight longer and yes, maybe to counter her own Bankai. But if the second is true, how does she know she has to do that? Her Shikai heals people, how would she know what her Bankai's specialty is without using it once? She would pretty much be dead (unless the Squad Zero dude healed her up) but otherwise it is highly unlikely.
    Well remember Shinigami's in achieving their bankais using both methods communicate intensely with their spirits. So I would imagine Minazuki probably told her something along the lines of "if you use this you will probably die". If I had to make a guess she probably had a similar history to Zaraki in which when she was a criminal she won by brute strength alone and her blood thirst is what drew Yamamoto to her and had her join the original kill squad. She then over time learned the power of her Bankai but in doing so learned its consequences and sought assistance from Kirinji (who was probably also one of the original crew) and their dedicated healer at the time. Her Zanpakuto to me really was the embodiment of life and death with her shikai and bankai representing each respectively and their telltale marker of life, blood.

Hmm it could be like that yeah, but if we take the only(?) Bankai we have seen being achieved, Ichigo, then that would be wrong and it would be a gamble wether or not the Bankai would be deadly.
    But yeah, she could just activate>deactivate pretty much.

Let's say, it is indeed decay, life and death, melting the very skin and flesh of your body. Why the fuck would Shunsui let her fight Kenpachi? I'm sorry but Decay>Brute force.
    She could literally kill every Sternritter herself by just using Bankai and keep herself completely healed up...

It's still a shame that it was rushed and i find it personally still incomplete as we pretty much see skin>melt>bones>normal without any form of healing or anything else.
    Yeah we saw the (what is assumed blood) and the melting. But everything is seen from Kenpachi's "view" and she could atleast have explained it.
    Weird woman that Unohana. Heals everything but a stab thru the neck is deadly all of a sudden ._.

I'm still hoping the Zanpakuto is part of the Kenpachi legacy and that it went to Zaraki :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    I wouldn't have expected the guy to burst his own damn eardrums, that's crazy in the middle of fight to just erase one of your senses.
    A Shinigami captain is most likely to have to be able to process several possible outcomes from a battle. Rose's ability is around sound, when he fights with others, it's either kill or be killed. What would make him think his opponent wouldn't give up on a sense to save his/her life?

This part is really stupid, imo. Bad writing, really. Same thing moments after when he can suddenly hear Renji. Lol. Kind of disliking this chapter a lot due to this.