Swaggerjack got pimp slapped by Ichigo. He ain't got no swag no more.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2012-12-14 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing I didn't like about the new chapter was the realization I would probably have to start referring to the 11th Division Captain as Zaraki instead of Kenpachi.

Also, I thought Kenpachi was a title that only one Shinigami could hold at a time. Is Unohana still a Kenpachi, or did she relinquish it or something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Oi. The name is 'Grimmjow Swaggerjack' for a reason.

Recognize.
    Oh lol.

I was not expecting that one. xD

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never understood why people like/liked Grmmjow. I just find him to be an annoying little brat with a crush.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    I've never understood why people like/liked Grmmjow. I just find him to be an annoying little brat with a crush.
    Haha.

I am going to agree with this.

I don't hate him but I do really dislike him, as a character.

He's boring, he didn't do much other than having a vendetta on Ichigo and that was it, that is why I am looking forward for him to show up, still, I don't know, I'm just afraid that he will be doing "nothing" again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be increddibly happy if he's never shown again in the manga. He bought in nothing that deeper characters couldn't. Also a reason I'm no fan of Zaraki, true he's bad ass and all. But for most he's an extremly shallow character.

And Battle Shounen mangas can have deep meaningful characters. Take a glance at Kenshin if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Haha.

I am going to agree with this.

I don't hate him but I do really dislike him, as a character.

He's boring, he didn't do much other than having a vendetta on Ichigo and that was it, that is why I am looking forward for him to show up, still, I don't know, I'm just afraid that he will be doing "nothing" again.
    I said it just because it was a good way to change his last name. I don't particularly dislike Grimmjow and I welcome him back, but I liked Ulquiorra more.

I miss Ulquiorra, but I won't delude myself by thinking he might return, even though he deserves it. The ending to Ichigo vs Ulquiorra was just so anticlimactic.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to sign up for the "Does not like Grimjaww" club for the same reason I dont like Zaraki.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    I miss Ulquiorra, but I won't delude myself by thinking he might return, even though he deserves it. The ending to Ichigo vs Ulquiorra was just so anticlimactic.
    I dunno, I think given what Ulqiuorra represented, his finale was pretty cool. Not to mention the fight with him and Ichigo was freakin badass in Murcielago Segunda Etapa, he freaking pimpslapped Vizard Ichigo. It took Ichigo going full hollow to bring him down, that's pretty epic imo! I mean he is supposed to be the Espada who represents the "Emptyness" of death, so I think if you look at it that way, his death scene was pretty spot on and one of my favourite badguy exists in the whole show.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    I'll be increddibly happy if he's never shown again in the manga. He bought in nothing that deeper characters couldn't. Also a reason I'm no fan of Zaraki, true he's bad ass and all. But for most he's an extremly shallow character.
    I'd argue he's one of the least shallow characters when he gets going considering his desire to learn his Zanpakto's name due to his own problems with finding an identity, then there's his relation with Yachiru which while has been used for comics effect definitely goes to show he has a soft side and isn't a one dimensional berserker character.
    Not to mention how all of this links in with his desire to become stronger so that he can make a name for himself (Which he never had).

I seem to recall Kubo saying one the things he planned for this arc was to go deeper into Kenpachi's personal issues, so this thing about him learning how to fight better I reckon is certainly going to go deeper.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-14 at 08:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    She probaly relinquishd the title whenn she started beign more of a healer. Wasn't the title Kenpachi simply given to the captain of sqaud eleven? Zaraki got it by beating the former captain.

Also joining in with not liking Grimjow he was yust the mini-boss before the real badass of the arc Ulquiorra.
    Same thing as with Renji really wo was the one before Byakuja in the soul society arc.
    If he comes back he better have aquired a second release else i don't see what value he has.

the king of soul city or w.e is not a dude!! it's a girl. she has the hots for ichigo. you all read it here first.

oh yeah, aizen will help ichigo

Deleted
    New chapter already out?

Isn't it only tomorrow?!

Oh, it is, and so is Naruto. But doesn't it only come out tomorrow or something? Or have I been seeing it one day late? xd

10+ Year Old Account
    another good chapter Kubo-san is really knockin em out!

as to how THAT happened, she explained it dude, when she cooks she puts ALL her Reiatsu into the meal, this causes her to lose large amounts of weight and become a smokin hottie. To be able to sustain this when she's NOT cooking she eats fucktons, so that she can bulk right up again and have the power to cook another epic feast.

AMG I need the next chapter these week waits are killing me, especially as next Tuesday will be Xmas, so it probably wont be out, then we have New years where it DEFINITLY wont be coming out! Do we know if there's a break or is it business as usual?

Can't wait to see what the next guy can do, sure he may have LOOKED like a total stoner when he went to Seireitei.... But this guy CREATED the Zanpaktou, and she was worried that they'd die if they weren't totally full with power, even some borrowed power from her food.... So WTF is he going to DO to them! Can't wait!

Sad we didn't see anything from anyone else, I wanna know what the First Kenpachi is up to , but this chapter was super funny and kinda cool, so I'll forgive him this time . I get the feeling he's going to start alternating chapters now, instead of having each chapter tell us a little bit about each plotline. So We'll probably have a few weeks of Ichigo and Renji getting their asses kicked in the Phoenix Palace, along with some cool Zanpaktou Lore (plus hopefully we'll see Renji's new Bankai.. or could this be were he GETS the new Bankai?), but we'll hear nothing from SS, then in a few weeks time, probably just after some epic cliffhanger, it'll drop us back to SS, so we can see a bit of Zaraki's training, then just as THAT gets to an epic cliffhanger it'll cut back to Ichigo and Renji .

Gotta say when bleach is bad it's godawful *cough*Amagai*cough* but when it's on top form it's really exceptional!

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

All the zero division MADE something? Crazy. Even Zanpaktos. And I thought Urahara made the soul thing.

Oh and there are now other living souls inside Ichigo and Renji. Welcome Hollowv.2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide
    Since Urahara has apparently been there already, maybe he was offered a place in the Zero division but turned it down or something?
    Most likely the case. There was a "gap of time" halway of "The Past" story arc (9 year time gap to be precise). So if an offer happened, it probably happened then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    At least a 2 week break now so nothing until 2013
    nnooooooooooooooooo

I was thinking the same really. Keeps both plot parts going and mixes things up so you don't get bored with just seeing the same couple of people every chapter.
    Aye, it's a fairly standard storytelling device , I'm guessing it'll stick with Ichigo up until he meets the Soul King, then cut to Zaraki's training until he either totally looses it, finally works out what Unohana is trying to tell him, or someone drops Bankai

Since Urahara has apparently been there already, maybe he was offered a place in the Zero division but turned it down or something?
    I don't think people turn down places in the Royal Guard

Tbh about three seperate people have been credited with the creation of mod souls... I think Urahara made the clone bodies for the Mod Souls to go into, but didn't create the souls themselves. In the Anime they say Oko Yushima was the creator of the Mod Soul technology... but now this chick says she created them... So who knows I'm guessing it'll either be explained very soon, or never at all.

I think she came up with the idea of using Reiatsu to create a mod soul, and the ability to put it inside something, Oko Yushima adapted that to make the "Mod Souls" we know today, who all have enhanced abilities (for instance Kon has super powered legs) then Urahara created the fake bodies to PUT them in, allowing Mod Souls to be used as creatures in their own right.

Of course I could be very very wrong, Oko Yushima is after all a filler only Anime char, so we could just drop him, and say this chick invented Mod souls, and Urahara adapted the tech to be awesome.

/stare

This Chapter.

I just..wow.

With such nice humor after things were so dark, while still adding very crucial parts to the story, is just..fantastic.

The little midget guy who we haven't even heard speak yet I kinda figured would have a huge role in the future.

And this is it.

He invented Zanpaktous.

Christ..this is gonna be interesting.

Also. Hikifune=Rangiku 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Also. Hikifune=Rangiku 2.0.
    Hehe.

You noticed that too, didn't you?

As soon as I saw her I was like," Dafuq is Matsumoto doing here?!?!?!?", then I noticed it was the fatty lady. xD

I loved the part of where she needs to get fat to be able to make her powerful food. My god. It's pretty amazing.

Also, the guy who created zanpakotous... I think this is the most important thing, lore wise, that we have ever seen on Bleach.

Can't wait for the next chapter, seems very promising.

Deleted
    Yeah... That was... unexpected. I think Renji and Ichigo summed it up pretty well with their response!

Looking forward to the next one and maybe finding out what the shinigami used before they had zanpakotou. Maybe it's a little like Jedi had the vibroblades before they had lightsabers.

After reading this chapter i can't help but think Urahara could be a member of division 0 or related to them in some way since he did create the Shinigami Research and Development Institute