I got a feeling that Shinsui has a hard time controlling his bankai as in he has to be the one that calls out the game they are playing and try to keep it focused. If he doesn't his bankai might attack his friends, not out of spite but because it recognizes everything as a potential "play mate".

10+ Year Old Account
    Going against popular choice. I don't think his bankai will be about games whatsoever.

He is the only one to ever have dual zanpaktou ( ukitake has one that splits up )
    He also has 2 seperate activations. Flower Wind Rage and Flower God Roar, Heavenly Wind Rage and Heavenly Demon Sneer

Going by the zanpaktou arc it also has 2 different spirits, A small girl wo likes sadistic games and a middle aged more serieus woman ( wo also happens to have the same eyepatch shinsou has now )

His Shikai seems to be exclusifly the childs powers making me Think the bankai will use the others power or use both of themm and be totaly different from annything seen before.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually a very good point Reluctant... Would be pretty epic if his Bankai was something totally different. The question then becomes... WHAT would the power be?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Didn't most shikai's>bankai's be like, close to each other?

Byakuya, from lots of 'blades' to even more 'blades' and a few extra ability's. Toshiro goes from controlling ice to well, controlling water/ice/weather.
    Yamamoto goes from badass flames to burning the whole area with his reiatsu, and yet again some extra ability's.

So i guess Shinsui will still have 'games' and set rules everybody in his area need to deal with.
    The 'spirits' of Katen Kyôkotsu show more his own personality rather then something they developped. But they still have their own 'will'.
    Lazy when possible and like a drink. Slightly childish by mocking/taunting his opponent, but serious when it's needed.
    They like to torture him (they do not want to 'play'/fight), and when they want to 'play' he has to obey their rules too. Upside is that he knows their 'rules'.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Didn't most shikai's>bankai's be like, close to each other?

Byakuya, from lots of 'blades' to even more 'blades' and a few extra ability's. Toshiro goes from controlling ice to well, controlling water/ice/weather.
    Yamamoto goes from badass flames to burning the whole area with his reiatsu, and yet again some extra ability's.
    Soifon's went from a stinger she had on her finger into a missile launcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Soifon's went from a stinger she had on her finger into a missile launcher.
    It went from a two-hit kill to a one-hit kill , her Zanpaktou is about killing people as quickly as possible.

This just shows that while you can be in the same rough area, the WAY you achieve the ends can be wildly different.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shunsui's bankai had nothing at all to do with games. Especially as mentioned before, he has two Zanpaktou, it could be that his Shikai comes from one and his Bankai from the other.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It went from a two-hit kill to a one-hit kill
    Didn't she hit the guy she used it on twice, and he survived?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but that's because Soi-fon is a wimpy lil bitch, and Barrigan was the 2nd strongest of the Espada. In the same way that she hit Aizen with his Shikai twice, but he just overpowered her abilities with his redonkulous reiatsu.

But let me rephrase anyway, her Shikai is USUALLY a two hit kill, which her Bankai is INTENDED to be a one-hit kill.

tbh I feel kinda bad for Soi-fon, she finally unleashed her bankai... and it was pretty useless in that fight, sure it messed him up BAD, but he kept on coming, in the end fatty had to use Barrigan's power against him to finish him off.... Makes Soi-Fon look super weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It went from a two-hit kill to a one-hit kill , her Zanpaktou is about killing people as quickly as possible.

This just shows that while you can be in the same rough area, the WAY you achieve the ends can be wildly different.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shunsui's bankai had nothing at all to do with games. Especially as mentioned before, he has two Zanpaktou, it could be that his Shikai comes from one and his Bankai from the other.
    It's more a set, a long one for the heavy strong swings, and the short one for quick attacks. I am sure Shunsui explained it himself too. Distract the enemy with the small one, and finish it with the big one.

He 'aged' the explosion, thus making it harmless. The one within the sealed box hurted yeah. The bankai is in shape different yes, but the idea is still to kill your enemy in as little hits as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    It's more a set, a long one for the heavy strong swings, and the short one for quick attacks. I am sure Shunsui explained it himself too. Distract the enemy with the small one, and finish it with the big one.
    Yes that's the basics of most DW samurai combat styles, you use the Wakazashi for Defense, blocking or re-directing the enemy strikes, then when they're open, you smack em with the Katana.

This doesn't change the fact that amongst all the characters so far in the series, Shunsui is the ONLY one whose Zanpaktou exists as two seperate swords, even while in the "Sealed" state. Given that the powers of the Zanpaktou come from the "Spirit" within the blade, it's not impossible to assume that twin Zanpaktous would have twin spirits (this is backed up by the (non canon) Zanpaktou souls arc, which showed Shunsui's Zanpaktou spirit as two totally seperate people, a wierd lil ninja girl and an older lady with an eyepatch), Now the question becomes, would those two souls allow for two distinct abilities, one Shikai and a totally seperate Bankai?

Yes he is the only one in sealed state, that's true. But i doubt they will go make two completely different powers just cause he has a different fighting style then the rest.

Funny btw, cause the 'lady' had her eyepatch already, was it a silent hint for the future?)
    But what if you 'combine' them? The lady has a eyepatch and the girl has her whole face covered but one eye.
    Would his bankai become only one sword instead of staying two? I doubt his power will change a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    True true, but Kubo-san likes to throws us a curveball every now and again, and don't forget Shunsui is now the Captain Commander... His bankai is going to have to be pretty frakkin amazing to not be a letdown after Zanka no Tachi, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was something totaly out of left field. Not to say it WON'T be just a progression from his Shikai, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

nnaahh That would suck if he had a single sword Bankai, one of the main reasons he's awesome is because he's the only captain to rock DW, would be lame if his Bankai was a single blade.

Deleted
    All this talk of bankai's and zanpakuto's making me really curious about Ichigo's and Renji's new reforged swords (when they eventualy get em :P).

Any idea's about ichigo's bankai for example, based on what was in the manga if the sword is broken in bankai it will never be as powerful again unless it is reforged so would that mean he will have a new look? Would it still be a bankai that is worn, would it play more on his shikai condensing Reiatsu more in the future, or just be a revamp of the old black Tensa Zangetsu. Personaly i think it'll just be a revamp of the look, but Tensa Zangetsu (the manifestation of the man) has new personality, be more involved then before.

Renji's i would imagine will have a better blend of the snake/ape combo. I would like to see it based more on the ape then the snake this time, since he seems to favour brute force almost more then Ichigo and i dont get that impression with his current bankai.

Curious what your thought are.

Deleted
    one thing that i've been wondering about is Ichigo's dad, he is a Shinigami and has a torn captains haori on his left shoulder so he would be a captain but when was he a captain? and why did he disappear? he knew about Aizen and his experiments so he is more than 100 years old since that was about the time Aizen turned Hirako and the others to hollow shinigami.

There's alot more that doesn't add up in Bleach aswell...like Quincys being over 1000years? they are human right? and Ichida's dad aswell he seem to know about the war, atleast Oppie or whatever that quincy that imprisoned Ichigo said something about it>.>

10+ Year Old Account
    The quicys are this old thanks to the Shadow Teritory they apperently can't leave it for very long either for some reason. I suspect same goes for Ryūken Ishida wo wil turn out to be part of themm making Uryū having to make a big choice wo to side with. ( probaly the quincy at first thenn switching sides after talking/fighting ichigo/orihime.

Ichin was most likely a captain whenn the quincy war was going on before most of the curent ones thenn he became part of the royal guard till 20 years ago. Whenn he lost his powers ( probaly thanks to something aizen did )
    Very likely he is related to the Shiba's wo are very likely related to the soul king in the past before something got themm trown out.

My speculation is that the soul king is going to turn out to be the bad guy and the people wo know this are the shiba's and aizen probaly ichin and ryuken know soemthing aswell
    but they all differ on how to take care of it.

It would tie everything well togheter, it would also mean that everything aizen did was to stop the soul king in his own way. After finding that out he might very well come back to fight alongside itchigo.
    Last edited by Reluctant; 2013-01-29 at 10:51 AM.

I think always figured, since Isshin has the same powers as Ichigo, and helped Ichigo try to master the final Getsuga, that he himself lost his powers in the same way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    It would tie everything well togheter, it would also mean that everything aizen did was to stop the soul king in his own way. After finding that out he might very well come back to fight alongside itchigo.
    I doubt that the Soul King is bad because it makes no sense. Aizen is literally fucking smart, probably more smart than Kisuke, and has a lot more resources than Kisuke, he could have proved to everyone that the Soul King is the "bad" guy in atleast one hundred years if he wanted.

But yeah, the show can't do this, so who knows... /sigh

Deleted
    The Shiba's confuse the hell outa me. I would assume there the good guys, but when they were last seen in the manga they had what appeared to be Kūgo Ginjō, Giriko Kutsuzawa and Shūkurō Tsukishima - http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/518/17

So apperantly they know shits gona go down in a way to require the help of those guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    god no that would turn Aizen from the "Awesome knows everything bad guy" to "I'm good really, honest! I just didn't want to say because.... plotline"

That's not to say that the Soul King wont be bad (althought I think that would be a bit myeh) but if he DOES turn out to be evil, Aizen had no freakin idea that he was. Aizen's motivation was power and personal gain, he was NOT some tragic, misunderstood hero.

As to the Shiba's.. Last we heard they were good guys... Now that their grudge against the Shinigami is gone they have no reason to side with the bad guys. Which means they'll probably turn up at some point when all looks lost and save the day with the Fullbringers in the same way that the Vizard showed up during the winter war. Possibly by teaching the Shinigami to use Fullbring, thus negating the Vandenreich's bankai stealing techniques.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aizen called the soul king a thing and oviously had isues with him, Creating the key to get to him was pritty much his goal besides getting ultra powerfull. To me it hints very much at Aizen knowing something more about the Soul king thenn the rest of the captains which fueled his desire to do everything he did. ( aizen pritty much the allknowing bad guy with evrything he did id be very much suprised if he didn't know everything about the soul king aswell )

It could also be that Aizen yust wanted to become a acended beign and wanted to go to the soul king as he seems to be one aswell to see wo is stronger( he looks alot like aizen did with the hogyoku from what we seen ) But i like that theorie less as it doesn't explain his disdain for the soul king all that well.

And im pritty sure the Shiba's and the fullbrings are good guys and are going to fight the vandereich.