Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    ask to borrow Orohimes hair pins lol.
    Can you imagine him walking around with that in his hair? Haha, it'd be hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Agreed. She pretty much wants to lose against Zaraki or atleast knows that she won't be able to keep up at a certain time, but I hope she doesn't just give up and let him kill her so easily like we saw now, assuming that was real.

I've got no idea. I reversed this image and I got haruaki fuyuno but I don't know what that is and I don't understand the links on Google. :o
    Your ava reminds me of a char from yozakura quartet

10+ Year Old Account
    so ...is it just me or will Kenpachi will know the name of his sword now...as her was named...kenpachi?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Well from what i googled, Minazuki (Unohana's bankai release) refers to a month with no water. Which is kind of like a drought. Her blade was completely black, which i think may have been blood. Anyway, it prolly has reiatsu properties which lets her singe flesh and cauterize wounds. When on the offensive, it seeps blood and flesh to the bone (like Skull Zaraki) or smth. I don't think she's died, her bankai will probably let her come back, until Zaraki is a true Kenpachi (cwutididthar).

Other than that, yea.. weird ass chapter
    Yes, you are partially correct because "Minazuki" can also be written as 「水無月」which literally means month with no water (水「みず」= water + 無「*い」= nothing/nil + 月「つき」month/moon) and it is one of the very old Japanese month names that are no longer used. However as I pointed out in an earlier post, she called her sword with the kanji: 皆尽 in this chapter, which literally means "deplete/consume/exhaust everything". In Japanese you can write the same phonetic word in different ways by using different kanji, and the meaning is very different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    so ...is it just me or will Kenpachi will know the name of his sword now...as her was named...kenpachi?
    I've kinda been getting that feeling a bit myself..COME ON KEN-CHAN UNLEASH YOUR POWER!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I've kinda been getting that feeling a bit myself..COME ON KEN-CHAN UNLEASH YOUR POWER!
    The world as we know it would end if Kenny learned it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Well after the travesty that was Ryujin Jakka, I'm not expecting much.

We've been wanting to see the old man's bankai since forever, and find out its just a normal looking katana, that has 4 spells. The effects are cool and all, but I don't think Kubo impacted the readers as much as he wanted to with the "soul society dries up when he releases Bankai". Then again, it might have to do with the fact that Juha Bach completely dominated over Yamamoto. Maybe Kubo was trying to go with some kind of poetic outlook of how "such a simple looking blade is the most powerful fire-type Zanpakutou known to existence"; at least it failed from my PoV.

He's also been VERY reluctant about showing us Kyouraku and Ukitake's bankai's; I have hope for these two yet, no only because dual weild anything looks awesome, but also because Kyouraku's Shikai look BADASS...

With Unohana however, its the same deal, very standard Katana for a Bankai. Maybe it has something to do with bankai mastery, at which point you can start to choose what form you want your sword to be in, regardless of Bankai/ Shikai/ Sheathed. Maybe that's what Ichigo and Renji are going to learn, the secrets within Bankai. Anyway, the visuals of these Bankai so far have been underwhelming at best (except for Ryujin Jakka's undead Army, that was awesome).
    Really? I LOVED Ryujin Jakka, sure it wasn't visually amazing(although imo it still looked cool), but the abilities were fucking EPIC, I'd rather have something like than say Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō which looks boss but is basically fucking useless (seriously, worst Captain with the worst bankai ever).

and to be be fair I think it's a LITTLE harsh to say Juha "completely dominated" him. Sure he beat him, but you can't really call it domination if it requires sacrificing one of your men in the vain hope that Yama-ji will use his Bankai so you can seal it.

I like your point about Bankai though.... I think you're on to something. If you notice, the older and more powerful the Bankai gets, the smaller it gets.

Look at the "Younger" Bankai, Hitsugaya: Big and flashy, lacks control, Renji: Big and Flashy, lacks Strength and control. Then we get a little older, Byakuya: considerably smaller, considerably stronger (if you wanna see complete domination, look at Byakuya Vs Renji ), Shinji, fairly small, fairly nondescript, fairly freakin powerful. Last but by no means least we have Yama-ji, small to the point of lolwut, powerful to the point of LolOP. I wouldn't be surprised if when Shunsui released his Bankai, the visuals changed very very little, if at all, and any change they DO make, would be to go smaller.

I think it's best summed up in one very simple sentence... REAL power is a whisper, not a shout
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

should i start watching/reading bleach again? everytime i try to get back into it the whole storylines just feel too crazy. i stopped watching the anime after that vampire storyline and stopped reading the manga around the arc with those half hollow half shinigami people show up.

basically is it worth it or did it get stuck in the dbz effect?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    basically is it worth it or did it get stuck in the dbz effect?
    I'm very biased when it comes to the anime, because I enjoyed all arcs except the Bunto.

As for the manga, I only started reading it when the anime finished, so I don't know how it is on the first arcs, only started reading the last arc and that one has been very amazing so far, best arc in terms of character development, fights, lore, and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Manga is pretty epic, If I was you, I'd not bother watching the Anime, skip right to the Manga and then at some indeterminate point in the future if they decide to animate the last Arc, watch all the Anime, skipping fillers.. Because filler suck .

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    the Manga is pretty epic, If I was you, I'd not bother watching the Anime, skip right to the Manga and then at some indeterminate point in the future if they decide to animate the last Arc, watch all the Anime, skipping fillers.. Because filler suck .
    Fillers are still better than trying to stretch out chapters like they do with One Piece. It's actually impossible for me to watch the anime now after reading the manga because I can clearly see the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, I remember during the Winter War bleach arc (when they were trying to stretch as much as possible) I once counted that of the 22min running time of bleach 9 mins were a combination of the intro, outro, omake and recap... wtf?

That's why Manga is better.

You gotta be motherfucking shitting me

he learns bankai, we know nothing of her bankai and we jump again to renji and ichigo?!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

not to mention that it seems that she does in fact die despite all of our theories
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Yeah, she will. Unless she will get uber hax "LOL JK" mode. But hey; we had more times when we thought one would die *cough byakuya cough* so who knows. But this really pissed me off. I wanna know Unohana's bankai. I wanna know the name of Zaraki's shikai, i wanna know it's ability's.

I don't wanna see Ichigo go depressed mode "im not strong enough QQ" cause then it's going to be shit again till he see's how he can get stronger ._.

Edit;

Oh yeah, found this just now on Bleach Wiki;
    Bankai: Minazuki (皆尽, "All Things' End"): When released the blade of Unohana's zanpakutō exudes a thick, dark substance that that entirely covers the blade and flows from it with relative ease.

...Oh boy! We didn't figure THAT out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    he learns bankai, we know nothing of her bankai and we jump again to renji and ichigo?!
    Was that bankai? I thought talking to the sword and knowing it's name was just Shikai?

It's probably the Zankaptou's name for now. But i wouldn't be suprised if he learns bankai before the end of it all...

But, i guess with him FINALLY learning the name he will get even stronger. Sigh... What ability can this man even have?!

"Keep your opponent alive, ressurection", BWAHAHAHA, now i can fight on FOREVER. Yeah...

ORRRRRRR, the skeleton's we saw in the previous manga could be vision's of his shikai. (^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems unohana is done for, still no idea what her bankai really is. Sad to see her go without having done anything in the entire manga.

Ichigo has to go find out about his roots so he will most likely go and talk to his dad, thenn learning his mom was a quicy and get a new power.
    Renji getting a new zanpaktou will hopefully be something awesome.

Zaraki finaly learns his zanpaktou's name, hopefully it will make him a bit more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zaraki learning his Zanpakto's name has made me all giddy. My favourite character just got more awesome. I was also a little touched that he got emotional with Unohana dying.
    The problem though is that her death was so anti climatic and had so much that was unexplained that it truly seems like a waste.
    I also think Isshin's a bit of a boss and no doubt he's going to be seen if Ichigo's supposed to dig around his roots.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-02-20 at 12:58 PM.

Chapter was okay. Ichigo part was.....what a fucking loser. I bet his Quincy powers are making his Zanpakto/Shinigami half be fucked up.