10+ Year Old Account
    she DOES say she's giving him "Her Whole legacy" LEGACY, not title....

I would be pretty happy if Zaraki got a Shikai/bankai.... but only because Unohana GAVE him one, not because he's actually GOT one himself. Then any victory he gains with it is REALLY Unohana's victory, not his
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Zaraki with a simple Shikai alone. does the word "OP" come to anyone? Damn, he'll be able to wipe out the Quincy alone.

Tho, I dislike Ichigo having to "go back to his roots". I sense a 20 chapter long "mommy? daddy?" mini-arc. I hate those.
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zaraki has always had shikai. His zanpaktou is in permanent release state same as with ichigo.

Agreeing with above, Zaraki has always had a shikai as long as we have known him. Cant remember the chapter but i recall either Zangetsu or similar mentioning that Zaraki's Zanpaktou was screaming under his pressure.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuuralihn View Post
    Zaraki with a simple Shikai alone. does the word "OP" come to anyone? Damn, he'll be able to wipe out the Quincy alone.

Tho, I dislike Ichigo having to "go back to his roots". I sense a 20 chapter long "mommy? daddy?" mini-arc. I hate those.
    I think you missunderstood, hes not going back to childhood but to be a powerless human (again) and has to work himself up(again)

As for Ichigo losing to Renji, i think Renji actually got help and Ichigo didn't, we do not know what actually happened inside the dark. So Ichigo passed the test with just "survive"
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2013-02-22 at 09:37 AM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Renji passed the test because the Asauchi accepted Renji but not Ichigo, that's why Ichigo didn't pass the test and is being forced now to find his roots.

That's what I got.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-02-22 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pious Lemon View Post
    Agreeing with above, Zaraki has always had a shikai as long as we have known him. Cant remember the chapter but i recall either Zangetsu or similar mentioning that Zaraki's Zanpaktou was screaming under his pressure.
    Was in the first Ichigo-Zaraki battle, when Ichigo learned bankai. But Zaraki didn't hear it.

What i think with Unohana's "Legacy" is more the title AND what is bound with it; strongest of their generation. He is now OFFICIAL the strongest.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Was in the first Ichigo-Zaraki battle, when Ichigo learned bankai. But Zaraki didn't hear it.

What i think with Unohana's "Legacy" is more the title AND what is bound with it; strongest of their generation. He is now OFFICIAL the strongest.
    Ichigo did not learn bankai that fight he learned it afterwards thanks to uruhara's special training. Zaraki was pathetic enough to beat with yust shikai.

I don't think it means the strongest because thenn it would have been yamamoto.

I don't know Yamamoto was strong but his strength was tempered. Zaraki has a lot of brute and unfocused power, and potentially a Reiatsu stronger than Ichigos. We'll have to see though
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    As for Ichigo losing to Renji, i think Renji actually got help and Ichigo didn't, we do not know what actually happened inside the dark. So Ichigo passed the test with just "survive"
    Ichigo didn't lose to Renji, they were both taking the same test at the same time, but it wasn't competative (well... okay EVERYTHING is competative between those two, but this time not directly ).

Renji "passed" because the Asauchi accepted him, I get the feeling this is something "Zanpaktou Lore" based, not a simple test of strength... maybe more like, partnership. Ichigo has never really let himself go, and worked totally with Zangetsu(the only time he came close was in the fight with Zaraki, but even then it was only as a total last resort and only temporarily), he's always been on a "I must save everyone, all by myself!" kick and has never TRUELY seen Zangetsu as a partner. I'm guessing this is different for Renji, who has always tried to make himself AND ZABIMARU better, so that he could take on Byakuya and that's why the Asauchi have allowed him a new zanpaktou/fixed Zabimaru, whereas Ichigo still stubbornly tried to fight all on his own and this was overwhelmed and beaten.

queue a mini "Training Montage" arc with Ichigo trying to get his shit back together, then in the end it'll be something stupid, like a Heartfelt speech from either his Dad or Orihime and he'll suddenly understand, get a sword that can turn into a Quincy bow and go kick some ass, as always .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Aye, thanks for the explonation, you are right, i did mistaken that part
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Boring chapter, and the cliff hanger was something I think everyone already figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Boring chapter, and the cliff hanger was something I think everyone already figured out.
    I didn't find it boring for one reason: the story telling.

Kubo's writing has ampted up 10 fold between this arc and the Fullbringer one.

And it's nice to see more questions being answered than raised.

So, we have confirmation of a few things:

1. Ichigo isn't a Shinigami nor Human.

2. Isshin was a Captain.

3. Masaki was a Quincy.

Although these 3 were obvious, it's nice for confirmation, and the fact that Isshin is starting such a tale means next week, and probably the week after, more questions will be answered.

I'm hoping Juha Bach's background might be explored a bit more as well, along with Isshin and Ryuusei's relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Found it a decent chapter, quite a few confirmations as said. Even if the ending was kinda "duh". Interested to see how his mom was a healer, since thus far I don't recall seeing any Quincy healing abilities.

So Ichigo is confirmed to be a human/shinigami/quincy hybrid, as expected. I wonder if and how that may affect his reiatsu, and control of it. The Quincy seem to focus on the use of bursts of it mainly with their arrows and trap setups, whereas the Shinigami have a multitude of ways of using it to fight; anything from illusions to pure brute strength enhancement.
    Last edited by Mavecryst; 2013-02-27 at 07:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing new this chapter everyone saw it from a mile away. Also i don't really get the point of spending half the chapter with ikumi it really felt out of place.

Next chapter might be good as he starts explaining stuff.

My god! HUGE spoiler! His mother IS a quincy! Add this for increased effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm hoping Juha Bach's background might be explored a bit more as well, along with Isshin and Ryuusei's relationship.
    Juha Bach will be something like a uncle/friend of his mom and Isshin was probably friends with him.

Can't we go back to Renji or something, or even 17+ pages of a dead Unohana on the ground...

I just want the action right now It was already clear that Ichigo's mom was a Quincy the moment Juha struck him down.
    I want to know Zaraki's shikai power, Unohana's Bankai power, i wanna see the unused Bankai's >.<

It could be more then possible that he goes and visit Juha, or atleast tries to. But then again, that would be too much of a Vizard copy...
    I want to see the "shadow realm" Juha lives in, and it would be pretty cool if Ichigo joined "the bad side". But he's the main character, how big are the chances?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    It's probably the Zankaptou's name for now. But i wouldn't be suprised if he learns bankai before the end of it all...

But, i guess with him FINALLY learning the name he will get even stronger. Sigh... What ability can this man even have?!

"Keep your opponent alive, ressurection", BWAHAHAHA, now i can fight on FOREVER. Yeah...

ORRRRRRR, the skeleton's we saw in the previous manga could be vision's of his shikai. (^)
    Kubo probably trolls us and makes it have similar abilities to tenseiga the healing blade (inuyasha) and its unable to kill in shikai mode lololololol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    That was a boring and obvious chapter... Only thing I'm hyped about is to see where this goes. <.<

Ikumi being able to see the badge was a bit surprising, so she at least has a bit more spiritual power then the average human. But lets be serious here she isn't a main character so she's going to become Tatsuki / Karin 2.0 a human with decent spiritual power but in the end an utterly worthless character that gets almost no development, barely appears, and doesn't / can't do anything.

Can't wait to see some questions get answered in the upcoming chapters. And see Ichigo develop his new powers, but they better not give him a bow that would be quite lame.
    Last edited by Phaere; 2013-02-27 at 01:25 PM.