Deleted
    Didn't expect that....

10+ Year Old Account

DA FUQ?

Was NOT expecting that... The wierd thing is, the moment it was pointed out I thought to myself... oh SHIT how did I not notice that before?!

So all this time, Zangetsu has actually been Juha Bach, and Hichigo/Shirosaki/White is his ACTUAL Zanpaktou? Is that why we've not seen Shirosaki since Ichigo lost his powers?

can't wait till next week!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Holy fucking shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Was NOT expecting that... The wierd thing is, the moment it was pointed out I thought to myself... oh SHIT how did I not notice that before?!
    I was exactly the same. when he started talking how zangetsu is not his sword, I was like "wait a minute... he does seem familiar, like.... *head explodes*"

But that is definitely prof that his sword will have nothing to do with the Zangetsu we know. It might retain the name, but now I'm pumped to see what Chan-Ichi's real sword looks like and its powers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    But that is definitely prof that his sword will have nothing to do with the Zangetsu we know. It might retain the name, but now I'm pumped to see what Chan-Ichi's real sword looks like and its powers.
    Im like 75% sure the powers will stay roughly the same. But hollow/quincy/shinigami are all Ichigos power. His Quincy heritage may have acted as his Zanpaktou, but his abilities were from his Shinigami side, they were the same as his dads, which points towards them being real and not fake.

Deleted
    What I'm wondering now is if Aizen knew all of this.

Deleted
    Yea that was what i was wondering too and on another note Sternritters can only steal a bankai that is completed right? as Ichigos Bankai isn't that why they can't steal it but what's up with Toshiro and his bankai? i mean during the winterwar with Aizen Shunsui stated that he will be stronger than him in about 100years so how did they steal it since it shouldn't be complete at all?

Deleted
    And just when I thought I had figured Mr. Kubo out, even slightly, he throws this at us... And it was right there all along! When it was revealed my head = *explode*.

Now really REALLY wanna see what Ichigo's new Zanpaktou will be like. Tipping on the 'white'-side too though.

Why, or why it isn't next week already?????

10+ Year Old Account
    same Sleeper, I'm having a long arguement with some moron about Ichigo's new Zanpaktou, he doesn't seem to understand that Zangetsu and Tensa Zangetsu are the same blade...

I hope his new Zanpaktou has slightly more... interesting powers. I mean I STRONGLY doubt it will, but it would be nice if they gave him something other than brute strength.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I guess my big question is how the fuck the Juha from 1000 years ago managed to be inside Ichigo...
    Oh wait... If the 1000 year old Juha Bach is Ichigo's Quincy powers, I'm now putting more money on his mother being of royal lineage. There must be some kind of connect there. Unless he imprinted himself into little Ichigo when he was looking around for Quincy powers to steal. /shrug
    I think Ishhin mentioned in his story that every quincy has Juha's blood in them. So maybe all quincies have their little Juha in them that gives them their abilities, but because only ichigo has this unique double/triple-heritage, it manifested this way in him?

------

Quote Originally Posted by Binkamus Prime View Post
    Yea that was what i was wondering too and on another note Sternritters can only steal a bankai that is completed right? as Ichigos Bankai isn't that why they can't steal it but what's up with Toshiro and his bankai? i mean during the winterwar with Aizen Shunsui stated that he will be stronger than him in about 100years so how did they steal it since it shouldn't be complete at all?
    I think, in retrospect, they weren't able to steal his Bankai, because, technically, it is not a "real" bankai" at all, as it originated from his quincyheritage, not from his shinigami-side
    Last edited by mmocc89c511dbb; 2013-06-05 at 04:20 PM.

Ok, so Ichigo's zanpaktou was really a manifestation of his quincy powers which would explain why his Banki couldn’t be stolen, but now that he is getting his real zanpaktou would that leave him vulnerable to having it stolen?

I originally posted this on BleachAsylum, but I wanted to mention it here as well because these were a few things that the "big reveal" did shed some light on:

1) Established that Ichigo's shikai shape (after regaining his powers) is similar to that of Bach's/Ywach's blade.

2) Ichigo's bankai had a swastika, or well -- not a swastika, but a manji. Together with the fact that the quincy powers (which have assumed Ywach's form) shaped the bankai into what it was (presumably), with Ywach being vandenreich and vandenreich being portrayed as Bleach's nazi-germany (no offence to anyone, really) it makes implications.. unsettling..

3) Ichigo's reishi when not in bankai was always blue, light blue with white. These are quincy colours, not necessarily shinigami colours at all. This reveal sheds more light on that.

4) Ichigo's Final Form. Let's assume for a second that it wasn't Isshin who actually used the Final Form. I know it was implied that Isshin had it too, but I know that many people were bothered to find out that the Final Getsuga was basically the Quincy Final Form for Ichigo.

With this knowledge, it might have an impact on the whole Final Getsuga deal, and if the Final Getsuga (seeing as it was using Zangetsu as the main drive; ShiroGetsu as a second drive, mainly - meaning that zangetsu was still impure and tainted by quincy powers) was basically Ichigo's Quincy Final Form, it means Ichigo can also learn Quincy Völlstandig.

5)Tessai was for some reason rather surprised, nay, shocked after seeing Zangetsu. This may just the typical anime-shock to create drama, but it was suspicious nonetheless.

6) It makes sense now that an entire movie was spent now to elaborate on Ichigo's "Hellknight" form. It was more than just mere hollow power. Perhaps influences of it will be part of his new bankai? Maybe the form will be his bankai? We don't know.

7) To me, it seems like OMZ is just his Quincy powers having taken a form. He isn't particularly evil; he's not the real Bach, just a spirit that has taken Bach's form due to all Quincy powers being the powers of Bach. Now, is he a good guy? Probably not. He's been really manipulative.

8) Byakuya foreshadowing? Indeed. Byakuya said Tensa Zangetsu was not a real bankai when Ichigo used bankai for the first time. This seems to fit in well with what we're told now.

Just a quick rundown! There is more, but I have to think about it some more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    8) Byakuya foreshadowing? Indeed. Byakuya said Tensa Zangetsu was not a real bankai when Ichigo used bankai for the first time. This seems to fit in well with what we're told now.
    He only said that, because Bankais normally are large/more powerful, something special. But Ichigos works opposite, it copresses his power so he can actually control it, while also as a result increases his speed. After having seen this, he recognizes it as a Bankai and refers to it as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    mind=blown

Didnt see that one coming. I was almost disappointed there wasnt enough zaraki in this episode.

edit: i just read it again. Again it blew my mind!
    Last edited by ipoststuff; 2013-06-05 at 05:58 PM.

Im trying to connect a few dots here...
    1:sternritters can steal bankais.
    2:Ichigo´s dad lost his power during the fight with the hollow.
    3:Ichigo just happens to have the same kind of "zanpaktou" as his dad.
    4:his father regains his zanpaktou when ichigo releases his inner hollow (wich is his true shinigami heritage).
    Did bach send that hollow, to capture isshins powers?
    It feels like something obvious is staring me in the face. and it feels like im missing something....help please?

Deleted
    No. Who sent the hollow was Aizen, not Juha Bach. Isshins lost his Shinigami powers because his powers were like, making a cage around the hollow inside Ichigo's mother, imprisoning it, which then passed on to Ichigo it seems.

When Rukia gave her powers to Ichigo said cage was starting to break and the hollow was starting to get out, and Ishins' powers came back as soon as Ichigo went full hollow I believe.

Guys. Guys.

I have to take back what I thought/said. I always thought Kubo was a bad author who made shit up as it pleased him each new arc. I have to say that the plot being explained now says a lot about both his planning skills and about my error in judgement.

I'm still kind of confused lol but we'll see in more chapters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binkamus Prime View Post
    that was just a confusion HE could steal any bankai... but Ichigo didn't really use a real bankai since he didn't really have a real zanpakto anymore... he used his "quincy" bankai... so he couldn't steal his... or simplu couldn't steal it coz he can't steal from those with quincy blood.

---------- Post added 2013-06-07 at 12:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    No. Who sent the hollow was Aizen, not Juha Bach. Isshins lost his Shinigami powers because his powers were like, making a cage around the hollow inside Ichigo's mother, imprisoning it, which then passed on to Ichigo it seems.

When Rukia gave her powers to Ichigo said cage was starting to break and the hollow was starting to get out, and Ishins' powers came back as soon as Ichigo went full hollow I believe.
    From what I understood he began to regain his powers the moment ichigo's mom died... but it took time to get full control over them again since it had been a while... so by the time Aizen started strring shit up he had most of his powers back if not all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Guys. Guys.

I have to take back what I thought/said. I always thought Kubo was a bad author who made shit up as it pleased him each new arc. I have to say that the plot being explained now says a lot about both his planning skills and about my error in judgement.

I'm still kind of confused lol but we'll see in more chapters.
    I picked up on this YEARS ago LOL...Seriously plus i think it;s normal for japanese authors to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I pretty much thought the same. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been trying to do that.

To be honest, I always liked Zangetsu, the problem with it is that it only has one power or one major/decent power and that was just lame.

I really wonder how his upcoming zanpakuto will be.
    Thats right! I've always liked Zangetsu and of course Tensa Zangetsu, and also getsuga tensho (yeah I also think that he should get a new skill or something but Getsuga Tensho is not actually that bad). Old man zangetsu is one bada$$ zanpakuto for me, but anyways I still couldn't believe that Zangetsu is not his real zanpakuto. It was really mind-blowingg.
    It made me think of all the things that Ichigo have been through and also the time when he trained at dangai to learn Final Getsuga Tensho. Well, we just have to wait till the new chapter comes up.
    Last edited by MugenIttoryu; 2013-06-07 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I originally posted this on BleachAsylum, but I wanted to mention it here as well because these were a few things that the "big reveal" did shed some light on:

7) To me, it seems like OMZ is just his Quincy powers having taken a form. He isn't particularly evil; he's not the real Bach, just a spirit that has taken Bach's form due to all Quincy powers being the powers of Bach. Now, is he a good guy? Probably not. He's been really manipulative.
    OMZ/Tensa Zangetsu/Fused with the Hollow part must be one hell of actor then. Seeing how he wanted to protect Ichigo and was even crying a little while trying to NOT let Ichigo learn the Final Getsugatensho. Unless Zangetsu is pulling a Ginjo.........