10+ Year Old Account
    So that fullbringer guy all over again. Watch my incredible power > gets slashed.. boring fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    So that fullbringer guy all over again. Watch my incredible power > gets slashed.. boring fight.
    Yep. It seems like we just keep getting rehash abilties.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    He definitely isn't more powerful than Haschwald, considering the strength is letter based, with the closer to the start of the alphabet being more powerful (thus Bazz-B being so damn strong to beat Toshiro with 1-2 fingers). What he said is that in his mind he's the strongest, which is only true if his power is functioning. You find a way to counter it and he's a weak kid just like the videogame bro from the Xcution arc.
    You need to read m____stream translations!

Btw he said the V stands for visionary. I missed that.

Are you sure Kenpachi means strongest in Soul Society? Wouldn't Captain Commander have that title then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You need to read m____stream translations!

Btw he said the V stands for visionary. I missed that.

Are you sure Kenpachi means strongest in Soul Society? Wouldn't Captain Commander have that title then?
    I read both panda and stream (panda since it comes out first, stream for better translations), but this week panda did the better job translating. In any case, it makes sense. If he controls reality with his thoughts, if he says, "in my mind I am the strongest sternritter, then that makes it so. But it's already been explained how their power levels work, so there is literally 0 chance he's stronger than Haschwald.

In the Unohana flashback, it was basically said that she was stronger than Yamamoto since he couldn't do anything without her on his side. She was just subdued the entire time since people like a medic more than a monster.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    I think the Fullbring guy had a limit of things he could. For example battery on his thing. And programs he had installed. And this guy can do anything as far as we know.

Not strongest of SS. Strongest of their generation. Can't remember where i got it from tho ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Lame chapter this week, there was pretty much no point to it... The only interesting part was learning that Unohana REALLY is dead. And what did Kenpachi learn from her sacrifice? Slash things more... fun.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I read both panda and stream (panda since it comes out first, stream for better translations), but this week panda did the better job translating
    Yeah seems that's what a lot of people think for both Bleach and Naruto. Normally stream is more accurate but not this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    Yeah seems that's what a lot of people think for both Bleach and Naruto. Normally stream is more accurate but not this week.
    One of us needs to learn Japanese so we can verify this stuff ourselves.

Ya I was rereading those chapters when Unohana gets murdered and I guess Kenpachi really is a special title.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Lame chapter this week, there was pretty much no point to it... The only interesting part was learning that Unohana REALLY is dead. And what did Kenpachi learn from her sacrifice? Slash things more... fun.
    Her death officially gave him a title. His power increased more than Shunsui's after he became captain commander.

Actually wasn't Unohana the first Kenpachi? So no one really ever succeeded her. Wtf is with that story then about Kenpachi's killing old ones to get the title.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually wasn't Unohana the first Kenpachi? So no one really ever succeeded her. Wtf is with that story then about Kenpachi's killing old ones to get the title.
    I think she relinquished the title and it became the 11th squads thing after that. But no one truly took the title off her.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the anime Hanatoro says: Kenpachi" has been the nickname given to the person who most loves fighting and has killed the most people.

That desciption seems to fit him and past unohana best.

Actually Kenny named himself Kenpachi after fighting Unohana the first time, when she still used the title. Though whether or not he remembered the fight is the question, but it's implied he didn't. In short: he claimed the title just because. He defeated the "current" Kenpachi to take over as Division 11 Captain. Though Isane's comment ("Thank God") implied that those who knew the truth still saw Unohana as Kenpachi.

Also, when Kenny cuts the Quincy, does it not look like there is a black edge on his sword now. The sword still looks chipped, but the cut was ahead of the blade.

Also: Reading the last frame I immediately had a flashback to X-men "I'm the Kenpachi. BITCH!"

Which black edge do you mean? The sword is still the same cause it was always in Shikai. Or am i misunderstanding something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Bottom left panel. It's just a shadow on his shirt from the sword being at an angle above it though.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    ok, so re-reading the chapter again(3rd time), something occurred to me... What if the "name" he inherited from unohana wasn't Kenpachi, but the name of a Zanpakuto? We now know that the guy in the Zero Squad can make a new Zanpakuto, so would it be reasonable to think that the Zanpakuto Kenny has WAS unohana's at one point, and the one she had been wielding she got when she renounced her killing ways? A bankai is supposed to be a reflection of the strength of the soul IIRC, so that wouldn't change, but the shikai could possibly change, we have seen something similar with that guy in 11th squad(I forget his name)

Didn't he steal that Zanpakto off a random Shinigami who was in his area. And wasn't Unohana still a murderer when they met since she was the one who made the pile of dead bodies, plus a Shinigami said she was looking for a strong opponent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't he steal that Zanpakto off a random Shinigami who was in his area. And wasn't Unohana still a murderer when they met since she was the one who made the pile of dead bodies, plus a Shinigami said she was looking for a strong opponent.
    No, he jacked an asauchi off of a dead shinigami eventually making it his own zanpakuto. As for was she a murderer, hard to say, but she was a captain.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2014-03-21 at 11:21 PM.
    BfA Beta Time

He took a Asauchi when he was a lil kid. The pile of corpses Zaraki was sitting on, was his :P Not Unohana's as she was looking for a oppononent to fight that was strong enough. By then Zaraki already had his Shikai.

It is possible that in their first fight Zaraki already knew his Shikai's name and that by restraining himself he lost the "power" to hear his Shikai's voice. Now that he has his real power back again he can once again hear it (Unohana's "curse")

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Which black edge do you mean? The sword is still the same cause it was always in Shikai. Or am i misunderstanding something?
    It was an error on my part. The first scan was darker making the shadow look like part of the blade.

- - - Updated - - -

No, he jacked an asauchi off of a dead shinigami eventually making it his own zanpakuto. As for was she a murderer, hard to say, but she was a captain.
    There was talk of her being a gang leader before Yama recruited her. I can't remember who said it now, but I think it was during their flashback. So likely she was, and they called a truce of sorts.

All we know was that she was a criminal before Yamamoto recruited her. Not sure if it was a gang leader or not but doesn't really matter i guess

The flashback with Zaraki she was the captain already, they were on a mission to find some criminals but Unohana actually wanted to fight somebody strong :P

Can't Kenpachi just rip that dude in two with his bare hands? Getting sick of him already. Mask the Masculine was actually amusing for a bit. This dude has been annoying, arrogant and obnoxious from the moment he arrived. I guess that means Kubo is doing a good job creating a character I can't stand, though.

Hope he dies a painful death.