Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekoas View Post
    Deepwood (NA) is also healthy, Guardian and Defiant.
    Do you know which side has more? I like both factions (prefer Guardian), but I don't like rolling on servers that drastically favor one over the other. If it's equal or even if one side is fairly outnumbered I'm fine with it, but I don't like servers where it's like a 50:1 ratio. WoW servers like Proudmoore and Area 52 come to mind.

Deleted
    I came back a few months ago cos they added so much stuff. They had improved a few things but many of the things I didn't like when I played it at launch were still around and the leveling still gets very boring after a bit. Now I'm getting tempted to try again after I heard about the expansion and saw some more stuff that has been added.

Is the leveling still so boring and does 1.9 make it better?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaul View Post
    I came back a few months ago cos they added so much stuff. They had improved a few things but many of the things I didn't like when I played it at launch were still around and the leveling still gets very boring after a bit. Now I'm getting tempted to try again after I heard about the expansion and saw some more stuff that has been added.

As of today: Still kinda boring (not exiting at least), unless you make it otherwise :P Leveling with a friend works wonders. Mixing it up between dungeons, pvp, zone events and quests helps. Reading quests if there is chance that the lore will interest you.

1.9: While there isn't a gigantic overhaul to the questing system or anything, 1.9 is where they start implementing instant adventure to the low level zones. I believe there will be 4 zones between 20 and 35. And since it comes at the same time as mentoring, you can expect to see those IA groups fill up with level 50's scaling down to get more IA's to choose from. IA's are great because they are mindless killing with a big group of players, with boss and 'defend the wardstone' events in between. Levels basically fly by in instand adventures.

If you didn't reach level 50 before you stopped playing, I think it's a great moment to do so when the patch hits!
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

The new lower level Instant Adventures will certainly speed it up. Everyone talks about reaching level 45 to get IA's, and the last 5 levels being extremely fast. Having the lower options will I imagine do the same. I've recently made the push into the game to get through the leveling process and what they say about the game really showing its colors at 50 are true. Planar attunement, experts, chronicles, ember isle, zone events, dailies, there's so much to do as a fresh 50 that its almost overwhelming . Definitely worth getting through those 50 levels. Without lower level IA's, my 1-50 was about 3 days /played which isn't too bad. I imagine that could be cut down a lot and undoubtedly will be even further by the new IA's in 1.9.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the game at the moment, started playing yesterday and I feel so involved in the game as there's constantly events/assaults/invasions and rifts, it keeps me occupied for quite awhile, the only dislike I have for the game is the Group Finder feature, you're screwed if your dps trying to do some low level dungeons, you can sit in queue for quite awhile, even on Wolfsbane.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I love the game at the moment, started playing yesterday and I feel so involved in the game as there's constantly events/assaults/invasions and rifts, it keeps me occupied for quite awhile, the only dislike I have for the game is the Group Finder feature, you're screwed if your dps trying to do some low level dungeons, you can sit in queue for quite awhile, even on Wolfsbane.
    Do you also check the 'support' option? No one expects a support to do anything but DPS these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Do you also check the 'support' option? No one expects a support to do anything but DPS these days.
    I chose DPS as my role when I first created a Warrior, so I assumed Support was locked because of my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I chose DPS as my role when I first created a Warrior, so I assumed Support was locked because of my choice.
    Not sure if warriors have a support soul, but if the option is there take it. If not, maybe start gathering tanking gear? It's pretty easy to tank as a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Laikai View Post
    The new lower level Instant Adventures will certainly speed it up. Everyone talks about reaching level 45 to get IA's, and the last 5 levels being extremely fast. Having the lower options will I imagine do the same. I've recently made the push into the game to get through the leveling process and what they say about the game really showing its colors at 50 are true. Planar attunement, experts, chronicles, ember isle, zone events, dailies, there's so much to do as a fresh 50 that its almost overwhelming . Definitely worth getting through those 50 levels. Without lower level IA's, my 1-50 was about 3 days /played which isn't too bad. I imagine that could be cut down a lot and undoubtedly will be even further by the new IA's in 1.9.
    The new IA's are alot better than the high level ones even. There are special zone boss fights, and achievements for the various IA bosses (14ish I think). They just seem more polished than the high level ones. Tacitius said they may go back and add that stuff to the high level ones but not until they finish the other IA zones. 1.10 will have a bunch more.

Hello guys!

I've been thinking of this for awhile now, and i think i'll resub to rift. I am very bored of WoW atm, so i want to check out Rift.
    I got to lvl 45 i think before i quit, it was really cool at start, but the questing got abit booring after some time.

So, i have some questions i hope some of you might want to help me with.

Are there any websites out there that can be helpfull for a noob, like what specs are best etc.
    Also, i remember i had about 130 platinum(?) when i quit, is that alot of money? How much money is alot?
    What servers are populated? I think i was at Icewatch, and how many free server transfers are there?
    How is the pvp in Rift? Are there arenas like in WoW, or just battlegrounds?

1. Follow the official class forums and sites like bluedots.org
    2. 130 plat will just pay for a level 50 mount (110% speed). Buying top end crafted gear for raiding at 50 would set you back 600-1000 plat, easily.
    3. Check a few of the threads in this forum, server pops are discussed often.
    4. No arenas, no rated battlegrounds. PvP is battlegrounds, open world, and a new 3-faction battleground encompassing the entirety of Stillmoor (an instanced version of a level 50 zone. Think of it like a 3-faction cross between old A.V. and Wintergrasp)

ETA: for battlegrounds, there's also a new mercenary feature that allows you to play on your opponents side to help speed up queue times. PvP isn't the kind of thing you have to sit around and wait for.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...leveling still gets very boring after a bit.
    This is my absolute number one qualm with the game. Some of the zones are absolutely gorgeous but I can't help but feel like the leveling process is a complete slog. Everything else I've experienced has been a cut above other MMOs.

I first played Rift during the beta and wasn't impressed enough to actually buy the game at the time. However during a slightly bored spell I had during the week my wife and I downloaded Rift lite to see what had changed as I am often reading about all the stuff that has been added. We have been really impressed so far although we have only got to level 15 due to rerolling on Icewatch (EU) as I read that server is more active. A lot of things that put me off in the first place seem to have been massively improved and I had a lot of fun doing the instant adventure in Silverwood. I am really tempted to buy it and see how the free month goes.

Is it easy to find groups for dungeons and the early raids?

Quote Originally Posted by stuartc View Post
    Is it easy to find groups for dungeons and the early raids?
    Very easy yes. Even while leveling it ain't that hard to find groups with the LFG tool, as long as you're prepared to fill any role.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just came back to the game (bought a new account since I no longer have the email the old one is attached to, no big deal).

IA's are pretty fun and give good XP. I could see IA's, world events, and general rift closing as a great way to level up. Definitely a nice change of pace from the standard questing (which I end up doing alone in almost any MMO). Some of the IA bosses are really cool looking. Not sure if going this route gives good enough rep to buy purple level gear off vendors tho. Rolling RB/Champ this time around (with Rev/Pal tank spec in case I start getting face-stomped).

Fishing is pretty awesome and the animation is really well done.

Not much else to add at this point as I'm only level 20, but its been pretty cool. Meridian on Wolfsbane is freaking PACKED with upper level toons.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-06-30 at 03:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I just came back to the game (bought a new account since I no longer have the email the old one is attached to, no big deal).

IA's are pretty fun and give good XP. I could see IA's, world events, and general rift closing as a great way to level up. Definitely a nice change of pace from the standard questing (which I end up doing alone in almost any MMO). Some of the IA bosses are really cool looking. Not sure if going this route gives good enough rep to buy purple level gear off vendors tho. Rolling RB/Champ this time around (with Rev/Pal tank spec in case I start getting face-stomped).

Fishing is pretty awesome and the animation is really well done.

Not much else to add at this point as I'm only level 20, but its been pretty cool. Meridian on Wolfsbane is freaking PACKED with upper level toons.
    The IA's are much added plus to the leveling experience and I think you technically can level all the way up once you hit the point where there are no IA until level 45 you can mentor down to the lower level IA's again to level up if you follow me.

I personally don't worry to much about purple loot while leveling up since you will quickly get to max level and render that low level gear useless quickly.

Welcome back, I've recently made my return to the game after a break from clearing Hammerknell back when it was the bleeding edge tier of content. I explored some other games but the draw of Rift brought me back.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    My old server before coming back was turned into a Trial Only server, so I had to move like all my characters over to Wolfsbane in hopes of getting Rifts done and stuff.