Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Brilliant deduction. Then again you are assuming Martin was first to punch. No witness saw the fight or how it started. Just Zimmerman yelling help. So again a man who shot someone dead vs ummmm....the dead person. Stop trying to make the story into how Zimmerman was fighting for his life or who started it.
    That is the crux of the situation.

Was Zimmerman's use of lethal force justified?

I believe it was based on what I have seen.

What other parts of this story are there?

Stop trying to make the story into how Zimmerman was fighting for his life or who started it.
    Yea i mean we need something to rile up people and help liberals get more momentun to deny people the right to own firearms! if it were true that he only shot after he was beaten and after he called for help multiple times that would totaly make him innocent and make the other person the assailant and that just won't work for sensationalism to push for more rights stripped from the american people! stop trying to find the truth and buy into the sensationalism.

Brilliant deduction. Then again you are assuming Martin was first to punch. No witness saw the fight or how it started. Just Zimmerman yelling help. So again a man who shot someone dead vs ummmm....the dead person. Stop trying to make the story into how Zimmerman was fighting for his life or who started it.
    Stop assuming he didn't.
    We have no true evidence either way.
    Innocent until proven guilty. The saying doesn't go, "Guilty until we prove otherwise."
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

That's what I've been saying. They are making the justifiable homicide argument, which is great when the facts of the case are known. What we know right now is that there was a fight, one guy is injured and the other is dead. We don't know who started it or the circumstances of the fight. If Zimmerman assaulted Martin, then sustained his injuries during a retaliation, then the whole "self defense" thing goes out the window. Just because one guy was injured doesn't mean he wasn't also the one who started it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Droids View Post
    You do understand that the moment that Zimmerman shot Trayvon that Trayvon was on top of him beating him, while Zimmerman called out for help for close to a minute, and at no time did Trayvon's assault on Zimmerman stop.

You don't have to receive injuries that require immediate medical attention before defending yourself, and when Zimmerman shot Trayvon, there was no way for him to know the extent of his own injuries.

People really need to think.

I blame the schools. They teach you what to think, not how to think.
    sorry but i still think he his a pussy for not defending him here there is no gun to same you from a black eye you got to know how to punch and all but in the usa its almost like they all think like: ok he his beating me so iam just got to take my gun and shot him and going to get away whit it lol so pro

in before people bash me i got into random battle in school for no reason and i did not need a gun to save my ass did not win most of the time but still did not kill people because i got my ass beat like a mofo

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    First of all, I don't believe the law is even the issue here and I'll tell you why.

If I'm in possession of a legal weapon and someone is viciously attacking me then I have a right to use that weapon to defend myself. It's the same as if I were in a restaurant and someone came in to rob the restaurant with a gun. Then I could use my gun to shoot that person in the back to defend everyone else's safety. That's all covered under common law.

It's up to the police, attorneys, and grand jury to decide if he actually had a reason to defend himself with deadly force.
    My issue is with the law, I haven red up on this case so I cant speak to specificlly. There shouldent be a law allowing people to kill human beings for frightening them,

Quote Originally Posted by holyevil44 View Post
    sorry but i still think he his a pussy for not defending him here there is no gun to same you from a black eye you got to know how to punch and all but in the usa its almost like they all think like: ok he his beating me so iam just got to take my gun and shot him and going to get away whit it lol so pro

in before people bash me i got into random battle in school for no reason and i did not need a gun to save my ass did not win most of the time but still did not kill people because i got my ass beat like a mofo
    what the fuck am i reading?

Sorry, seems to be a new wave of misinformed, emotional, and illogical posters in this thread, it's not worth it anymore.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 02:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post
    My issue is with the law, I haven red up on this case so I cant speak to specificlly. There shouldent be a law allowing people to kill human beings for frightening them,

really? that is actually LOL worthy. I am still laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornar View Post
    To me this doesn't seem to be a racially motivated crime, but that depends on the reasons for his actions, and the evidence of which very little of it has been made public.

Shooting a young man, because he is looking suspicious is wrong, and I doubt anyone is arguing against that. It is also wrong the the Neighbourhood Watch program allows people with access to guns into the program.

What isn't the issue here is a racially motivated crime by what we have seen. The man didn't seem to shoot him because he was Black, but because he though he was suspicious. Would a Black Man shooting a white kid be called a Racist crime, or a Black Man shooting a Black Kid?

The race / skin colour of the young boy has very little to do with the case, regardless of the reasons, the man acted poorly, and what should happen is he is tried for Murder, and the Neighbourhood Watch Program should be much more strictly regulated. General Civilians are able to report suspicious activity anyway, I don't see the need to give these power tripping fools extra badges.
    uhm anybody can be neighborhood watch u dont get a badge theres no application.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

what the fuck am i reading?

Sorry, seems to be a new wave of misinformed, emotional, and illogical posters in this thread, it's not worth it anymore.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 02:23 AM ----------

really? that is actually LOL worthy. I am still laughing.
    That you find the murder how other human beings amusing is of course your right, but its a bit sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post
    No one knows all the facts in the case and I believe there were definitely areas that the police didn't follow up on and should have. But as I said, the law isn't a loop-hole for murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    No one knows all the facts in the case and I believe there were definitely areas that the police didn't follow up on and should have. But as I said, the law isn't a loop-hole for murder.
    How is it not? Where do i missunderstand this? If you fear for your life you can kill the perceived threat, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    That's what I've been saying. They are making the justifiable homicide argument, which is great when the facts of the case are known. What we know right now is that there was a fight, one guy is injured and the other is dead. We don't know who started it or the circumstances of the fight. If Zimmerman assaulted Martin, then sustained his injuries during a retaliation, then the whole "self defense" thing goes out the window. Just because one guy was injured doesn't mean he wasn't also the one who started it.
    I know but most can't see that. They either want to come here and protect their precious guns or make it into who is the worst of the two person. The people on Zimmerman's side try to come back with the way he tweeted, somehow he is a thug (never convicted of a crime), suspended for marijuana (while hard to defend, again suburban kids smoke weed too) and of course pulling tales out of sky that Martin was first to attack him and was beating him close to Zimmerman's death (fact backing that up is Zimmerman's claim of head getting beat into concrete, yet police did not report any bleeding or serious injurty to head besides scratches on back head and bloddy lip/nose).

The race crap is stupid but the facts of one person making a violent death in self defense is horrible. Way I see it most are basically saying "you get in fight, getting your butt whooped, shoot that person". More hillarious are people then coming back saying how "fist fights kill people" while I guess guns do not kill people or less frequently.

That is the crux of the situation.

Was Zimmerman's use of lethal force justified?

I believe it was based on what I have seen.

What other parts of this story are there?
    The biggest issue is who initiated conflict. There is plenty of evidence to indicate Martin wasn't that person. If Zimmerman sought conflict its murder.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Remember, racism is dead people (sarcasm).

As a black man in 2012, its disgusting that I still have to be careful about where I walk. I was born and raised in Central Florida, not going to say its like the Jim Crow Era, not even the 1950s because racism is still very prevalent. I also stay in a similar community, I was joking about something like this happening not to long ago.

Beware....Al Sharpton press conference coming....
    As a white man in 2012, I still fear every single "no-good looking" person that exists on this planet, whether they are white, black, hispanic, asian, or whatever.

Racism isn't really limited to one specific race, though I will agree it's predominantly against blacks, and I think it's total bullshit and unfair just because someone's skin color is different. Doesn't make them any better/worse of a person, it just depends on the environment they had to endure and grow up in as well as how they were taught to behave.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

As a white man in 2012, I still fear every single "no-good looking" person that exists on this planet, whether they are white, black, hispanic, asian, or whatever.
    The thing is, there's quite a bit in Zimmerman's history to indicate he's in no way a kind of person who can make a rational judgement on "no-good looking".

10+ Year Old Account
    What's hilarious about all of this is that this tub of lard wanted to be a cop, but couldn't even get a skinny kid off of him so he just shot him.

If you can't restrain someone you outweigh by over 100 pounds, you shouldn't be a cop.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 02:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The biggest issue is who initiated conflict. There is plenty of evidence to indicate Martin wasn't that person. If Zimmerman sought conflict its murder.
    Zimmerman initiated the conflict by chasing Martin down the street, and confronting him. The idea that Martin was able to surprise Zimmerman and break his nose is nonsense. Martin's body was over 100 yards away from Zimmerman's SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryana View Post
    The issue with that is we don't know what he was wearing that night -- I have not been made aware otherwise that his grill was a permanent fixture to his teeth. You don't know what he was wearing beyond a hoodie that night and Zimmerman had no reason to suspect him of anything. The only thing anyone has mentioned was that he was wearing a hoodie, but that is easily explained by the fact that it was supposedly raining that night. If wearing a hoodie makes you a "thug" then I must be pretty hardcore because I have like four of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNI5CA5jijw

Please listen to the entire thing, liberal bias the Young Turks have or not (don't personally listen to them), this is rather... telling for me. Before that came out I would have sided with you that it's BS to call Zimmerman racist -- prejudice, maybe so, but racist would have been a BS label.
    I did not say that a hoodie makes someone a thug, but it is a generalization that can apply to any race (baggy clothing, grill, bling, and any other gangsta attire).

I watched that video at the beginning of the thread and to be honest, I have seen their show before and they like to make up or ignore facts. I do not take them to be a credible source. If you watch the video in the beginning of the thread, they get pissed off and complain about many things that just are not true and that make it look like they don't even do their homework.

On another note, that quote that they are referring to sounds like a blip in the recording mixed with the sound of his breathing. If you want to believe what they are telling you that you are hearing, then go ahead. At this point, anyone arguing against Zimmerman is joining the fight for "justice," and will do what they can to get others to believe their view.

If evidence comes out that this guy is racist and is at fault of being the aggressor, then I agree to arrest him, but there has not been enough or really any evidence widely available to prove this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The thing is, there's quite a bit in Zimmerman's history to indicate he's in no way a kind of person who can make a rational judgement on "no-good looking".
    Which is kinda sad. Why would they (his neighborhood) allow him to be on neighborhood watch --where 99% of the job is picking out people who are up to "no-good"-- in the first place?

I also wasn't aware that neighborhood watch was allowed to have firearms...
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my understanding, the two exchanged words, then Zimmerman turned his back on Martin to walk back to his car. Martin swung on him, broke his nose/knocked him down and started bashing his head into the sidewalk. At that point, after calling for help and getting no response, Zimmerman pulls out his gun and shoots Martin dead.

Regardless of what was said, Martin was clearly the aggressor in the above scenario. He probably didn't expect Zimmerman to have a gun, but if you're going to physically assault someone you'd better be ready to suffer the consequences if they do.
    Last edited by Naxere; 2012-03-28 at 02:51 AM.

the man called the cops he was stalking the boy even if no damage was done stalking is still a threat. boy had a right under that law to try and kill his stalker.