10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Thats not how the Stand Your Ground Law. You just can't shoot someone that gets into a fight with you, especially if were the aggressor. You don't have to throw the first punch to be the aggressor, its the person who initiated the confrontation (in this case Zimmerman). The law would've applied applied to the boy had he ended up killing the man. Florida law does not excuse killing someone just because you picked a fight with them and they kicked your ass. Also a prosecutor wouldn't have to "prove" Zimmerman's intentions, just convince the jury that they weren't good since he was holding a gun, confronted the teen, and then chose to get out of his car when advised not to. If not, all you would have to do if you wanted to kill someone is to get them to swing first. Once he left his vehicle to do whatever with the teen, his self defense protection ceased.

None of the articles say that the victim was the one who struck Zimmerman, we just know he was hit by someone. (And since we want to cover all angles...). Just from personal experience (people think just because I am black, I must be like the person who wronged them), its possible that Zimmerman was looking for a scapegoat or has a "they all look alike" mentality which is why he singled out the teen. He had just gotten into a fight with another person for whatever reason and they got away but Zimmerman wanted revenge. He saw the kid and thought he was the person or didn't care if it was him or not, it was a black kid. Zimmerman confronts the kid and calls the police to establish his self defense defense. He shoots the kid with the hopes of getting away without murder on the grounds of self defense.

Also Crucor is an idiot and needs to take a humanities class.
    Wait, what? Where the hell are you getting this "Zimmerman got in a fight previously to the incident and took it out on the poor, defenseless black kid," thing from? There's nothing in any of the articles - not even the WHITE DEVIL KILLIN DE BLACK FOLKS AGIN articles - that even suggests that. Sure, it's possible, but it's also possible I'll plow Christina Hendricks tomorrow. Additionally, didn't all of the articles say that Zimmerman called the police before confronting the kid? It'd be pretty easy to fact-check that with the 911 call log.

I do agree that it was really stupid for Zimmerman to confront the kid when he wasn't doing anything obviously threatening to anyone or anything, and I do agree that it's possible that race was a factor here - but black males commit more crimes than any other demographic in the country, so I think it's just a little bit understandable to feel suspicious about a black guy you've never seen before walking around your neighborhood late at night. If white males committed more crimes than anyone else, wouldn't you feel it'd be fair to be suspicious of some random white guy walking around near your home well past the point at which anyone should be walking around on the streets?

As to the law - convicting someone without sufficient evidence is a sign that the justice system is failing. Unfortunately, jurors are random people who let emotion get in the way of facts and logic.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    So many brain washed liberals in here just don't get it, let me explain:

If you live in Canada or Norway or where ever, you don't have exposure to American blacks. Every day, I read the paper and see the crime section. Oh guess who did it AGAIN? A black guy, or once in a while a hispanic guy. Once in a blue moon, its a white guy, and you have about as much chance to see an Asian guy as you do of winning the lotto. When 90ish% of the time it turns out it is the young black male who did it (whatever it is from robbery to assault) police/home owners/whoever start getting suspicious, and rightfully so.

In New York City, where I live, I'd say about 98 times out of 100 it IS the non white, non Asian guy who does anything wrong from jumping the turn style in the subway to mugging and robbery. You people who dont live in an urban American area don't see it, I however, do. The Young Turks are all obvious fanatic liberals, especially the girl in pink. They lived sheltered lives where from kindergarden on, they were told dont be racist, etc. If you live in an area such as New York City, or any large American city that is a melting pot of races, you will very quickly come to see why a lot of white people are "racist" (realist).

Also, as another poster pointed out, the liberal version of the story posted by the OP does't show the whole story. You REALLY think the police would let the guy go for shooting some random black kid? The kid fought with the guy and got shot for it. When will people stop being racist? Maybe when blacks no longer commit the majority of violent crime in America while being only about 13% of the population.
    Ok, with this post you claim 1 of 2 things. That other countries don't have black community's or that the black community in america is more violent then other black community's in the world. If option 1, then you're completely ignorant. If option 2, then what do america do wrong to make them as violent as this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdbear View Post
    Ok, with this post you claim 1 of 2 things. That other countries don't have black community's or that the black community in america is more violent then other black community's in the world. If option 1, then you're completely ignorant. If option 2, then what do america do wrong to make them as violent as this?
    No, you really don't have black communities like we do. You can't understand if you aren't American. It's like us trying to explain our love of guns to Europeans :P
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Then I get back to, what makes american blacks more violent then other black people? Is it in their genes(highly doubt this)?? Is it how they're treated(more likely)?

And on guns, you created the need of guns yourselves. If the law never was then you would never feel the urge to own a gun. But since the law is it would create a huge rage in the community if it was made illegal to own a gun.
    Last edited by mmoc76f50992c4; 2012-03-13 at 08:58 AM.

All I'm going to say is just because some people are completely stupid when it comes to gun control doesn't mean everyone needs to be punished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I get back to, what makes american blacks more violent then other black people? Is it in their genes(highly doubt this)?? Is it how they're treated(more likely)?
    It probably all boils down to the racism prior to the civil rights movement, and the racism that still exists in some areas today. Which boils back down to slavery and all that... But, yeah. No, you don't understand. And it's almost impossible to explain it to someone who isn't American. Things are different here.

And on guns, you created the need of guns yourselves. If the law never was then you would never feel the urge to own a gun. But since the law is it would create a huge rage in the community if it was made illegal to own a gun.
    See what I mean? :eyeroll:

Deleted
    Great to see that you feel special over there. But if you cant explain it there's nothing to explain. It all boils down to racism directed towards a community of people that feel left out and looked down upon. And in this state they resort to bad choices just to survive or be heard/seen.

All the guy had to do was wait for the police, if he calls the police for someone he's never seen walking around a gated community, that's fine, cops get there and would have sorted it out, whether the kid was suspicious or not, and if the guy was that nervous as to what the kid was doing all he had to do was ask him what he was doing, and where he lived, what kind of guy shoots a person walking down the street for no obvious reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great to see that you feel special over there. But if you cant explain it there's nothing to explain. It all boils down to racism directed towards a community of people that feel left out and looked down upon. And in this state they resort to bad choices just to survive or be heard/seen.
    Except it's not just black people that are so poor they might feel a need to resort to crime to make ends meet... yet in that demographic, the majority of crimes are still committed by black males.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 04:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    All the guy had to do was wait for the police, if he calls the police for someone he's never seen walking around a gated community, that's fine, cops get there and would have sorted it out, whether the kid was suspicious or not, and if the guy was that nervous as to what the kid was doing all he had to do was ask him what he was doing, and where he lived, what kind of guy shoots a person walking down the street for no obvious reason.
    You're wading into this late, but the gist is that there are signs that the kid may have attacked Zimmerman, and Zimmerman shot him in self-defense. If an autopsy happens, it'd probably be pretty easy to confirm or deny Zimmerman's version of the story.

Deleted
    Well, since the majority of them are shunned then the majority are more likely to commit crimes. The same would apply to white people if they ever found themselves in reversed positions.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    You're wading into this late, but the gist is that there are signs that the kid may have attacked Zimmerman, and Zimmerman shot him in self-defense. If an autopsy happens, it'd probably be pretty easy to confirm or deny Zimmerman's version of the story.
    Oh I did not see this, was just giving my opinion on what I first saw =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plagued00 View Post
    Guns don't kill people. Idiots with guns kill people.
    Then America must have a very large amount of idiots, since it has the most gunrelated killings og any civilized country by quite a large margin. Easy access to guns have nothing what so ever to do with the large amount of gun related deaths in the US right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Then America must have a very large amount of idiots, since it has the most gunrelated killings og any civilized country by quite a large margin. Easy access to guns have nothing what so ever to do with the large amount of gun related deaths in the US right?
    Seems like this cant be explained to outsiders. But it probably isn't like you're saying. The amount of guns have nothing to do with it. Can't explain, but thats fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    Oh I did not see this, was just giving my opinion on what I first saw =/
    No big deal, just pointing it out

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 04:25 AM ----------

There's a 29 page thread on the subject of guns on page one. Take your crap there if you want to scream about how guns are evil, I'd rather not have this thread derailed.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 04:25 AM ----------

There's a 29 page thread on the subject of guns on page one. Take your crap there if you want to scream about how guns are evil, I'd rather not have this thread derailed.

Deleted
    Seems like this cant be explained to outsiders. But it probably isn't like you're saying. The amount of guns have nothing to do with it. Can't explain, but thats fact.
    Very lax gun legislation = more guns in the hands of the public = more illegal weapons and gun related crime/death/injury.. Are you really disputing this and saying there is no correlation between the 2? Because that is fairly stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very lax gun legislation = more guns in the hands of the public = more illegal weapons and gun related crime/death/injury.. Are you really disputing this and saying there is no correlation between the 2? Because that is faily stupid.
    Pretty much. You can look at gun-related crime stats and there's a distinct correlation between states with more guns having more gun-related crimes occurring. Obviously that's a very superficial look, and the quick stats I dug up didn't specify whether the perp brought the gun - just that a gun was involved somewhere - but it's fair to assume more guns = more gun-related crimes.

But seriously. There's a 29 page thread on this subject. Please go there.

Very lax gun legislation = more guns in the hands of the public = more illegal weapons and gun related crime/death/injury.. Are you really disputing this and saying there is no correlation between the 2? Because that is faily stupid.
    This thread and subject is not, in any way, in relation to illegal weapons.

If you want to debate castle doctrine or racism related to this story, by all means.

It kind of bothers me even more that your Avatar is wearing glasses made for a firing range and carries a giant gun from the movie you took him out of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Pretty much. You can look at gun-related crime stats and there's a distinct correlation between states with more guns having more gun-related crimes occurring. Obviously that's a very superficial look, and the quick stats I dug up didn't specify whether the perp brought the gun - just that a gun was involved somewhere - but it's fair to assume more guns = more gun-related crimes.

But seriously. There's a 29 page thread on this subject. Please go there.
    Chill man, I thought this was a thread regarding an article about someone being shot with A GUN, sorry that I don´t share your opinion on the matter, but if you just wanted everyone to agree with you, you really shouldn´t post on a forum meant for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    This thread and subject is not, in any way, in relation to illegal weapons.
    No, but we can agree that weapons do have relevance in regards to this article?

If you want to debate castle doctrine or racism related to this story, by all means.
    Ohh so discussing racism that might have or might not have influenced the shooter is ok, but discussions about the gun wich has been proven to be used is not ok. right.

It kind of bothers me even more that your Avatar is wearing glasses made for a firing range and carries a giant gun from the movie you took him out of.
    what the hell does that have to do with anything. So because I think that easy acces to firearms leads to more firearms related deaths I can´t watch a movie where someone has gun.. Wonderfull train of thought there.

gun lovers, jeeeez
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2012-03-13 at 09:51 AM.

Deleted
    It's definitely not about having too much guns, I mean our country has crapload of guns per resident, yet this kind of shit just doesn't happen around here.
    No offense but somethings gone effed up in the states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chill man, I thought this was a thread regarding an article about someone being shot with A GUN, sorry that I don´t share your opinion on the matter, but if you just wanted everyone to agree with you, you really shouldn´t post on a forum meant for debate.
    Why would I post if I wasn't willing to listen to the other side of the argument? I can just go buy a bottle of Jergen's if the only thing I'm interested in doing is beating off.

No, but we can agree that weapons do have relevance in regards to this article?
    Not really, no. The gun in question was legally owned and registered by Zimmerman, and he had a legal permit for concealed carry. You can debate Castle Doctrine, Stand Your Ground, and other similar laws, but you were getting into the "guns are bad," ground, which isn't really relevant.