Page 4 of 222 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Except in several cases they've done the exact opposite of what you just said. Several cases.
    Care to continue reading to the part where I said 'Obviously this does not happen every time'?

10+ Year Old Account
    This man in the video is claiming that white people never get discriminated by minorities. Now try to walk through a group of blacks or mexicans alone. Not so easy? I'm just saying that he'll change when he gets beaten by them in his own lands for the first time.
    "Only bad thing about internet quotes is that you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln.

10+ Year Old Account
    The man who shot him should spend a life in prison, period. The kid had Skittles and a can of Arizona? You don't randomly shoot someone like that especially since they don't have a weapon. Lock this moron up and make the world a better place, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    There are no details what so ever. If you would have payed attention to the video, they clearly state that it is all "under investigation" by the police. Also, in the video it says that the kid had skittles in his pocket and no, he did not threaten the guy. It was simply a hate crime. The guy who shot the kid claims that he got assaulted.
    If there are no details whatsoever then the statement saying that it is a hate crime is simply an assumption based on each of our own personal opinions and bias. When more info is available then we can verbally flay alive each party involved, but until that time it's just pointless discussion over nothing.

it should not matter is the guy what white-black-yellow-blue-pink or orange in this day and age it is simple he shot a 17 year old kid even if that kid was been aggressive the older man could have walked away or used reasonable force to subdue the 17 year old.

To shoot a unarmed man = murder in anyone's eyes and he should be punished for the crime at hand.

Racism has no place in the world today if you ask me we are all the same on the inside BUT there are jerks in this world no matter the colour of skin.

My heart goes out to the family of the child as a parent one of my worst fears would be to out live my own children

Its tragic that this happened but blaming guns and not the actions of the individual is stupid.

Does drug prohibition work did alcohol proabition? No. Tighter control just means more undocumented guns will be out there and that will make it harder to catch and punish criminals. Tight control will just make criminal organizations rich from importing guns.
    Last edited by Ironhorn; 2012-03-09 at 07:48 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    So you would shoot someone that "appears" unarmed if he got close to you and made you nervous?
    If he was coming at me with the appearance of attacking me. YES I would.

But this would require me to carry a gun as I walk down the street. I don't do that. All my guns are locked up. Only to be brought out when I go hunting/target shooting/cleaning.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-03-09 at 08:19 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Lets hope the jury see it your way then.

"He was looking at me funny and walking in my direction, I had no choice but to shoot him".

Deleted
    Lets hope the jury see it your way then.

"He was looking at me funny and walking in my direction, I had no choice but to shoot him".
    He screamed ''BONE STORM!!''. I had no choice but to defend myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-de...United_States)

You know what I mean so stop the stupid hyperbole.....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-de...United_States)

You know what I mean so stop the stupid hyperbole.....
    The right of self defence does not mean you can go around shooting unarmed members of the public just because they spook you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The right of self defence does not mean you can go around shooting unarmed members of the public just because they spook you.
    Where did I say it does?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shoot a white kid and it's murder, Shoot a Black kid and it's also a hate crime. Reminds me of that South park episode where they punished Cartman severely for throwing a rock at Token, it had nothing to do with race.

Murder is murder, he shot an unarmed boy in cold blood, race has nothing to do with it.
    LOL i gad the exact same thought.

As for the OP post and the gun thing. Some people are just psychos but that shouldn't remove a persons right to bare arms. I just wish i was legally allowed to use say a zweihander for defense. Now THAT aspect of weapons laws i just don't get.

Deleted
    Where did I say it does?
    "So you would shoot someone that "appears" unarmed if he got close to you and made you nervous?"
    "If he was coming at me with the appearance of attacking me. YES I would."

You added the edited part to your post later. You did in fact admit you would shoot an unarmed man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    That's BS and you know it. How else is a fine, upstanding white gentleman supposed to defend himself against a dangerous black teen armed with iced tea and Skittles? How?!
    Gun ain't gonna cut it, you'd need an anti-vehicle veaponry at the very least. Perosnally, I hide and just paint them for an A-10 strike. If he mixes those Skittles into that iced tea, it's practically a WMD.

Deleted
    Shoot a white kid and it's murder, Shoot a Black kid and it's also a hate crime. Reminds me of that South park episode where they punished Cartman severely for throwing a rock at Token, it had nothing to do with race.

Murder is murder, he shot an unarmed boy in cold blood, race has nothing to do with it.
    this annoys me aswell, evrytime on the news a black or other minority person is attacked/killed they say its a hate crime / racially motivated when theres no actual evidence of it.

Deleted

But this would require me to carry a gun as I walk down the street. I don't do that. All my guns are locked up. Only to be brought out when I go hunting/target shooting/cleaning.
    Okay fair enough. My question is would you expect to evade arrest and get away with murder scot free?

10+ Year Old Account
    You added the edited part to your post later. You did in fact admit you would shoot an unarmed man.
    Yes I did edit that but it doesn't change the first part. You seem to not be reading part of it though. I'm not going to randomly pick someone and shoot them because they look funny. I would have to feel like my life was in danger. IF someone is coming at me with the intent of attacking me. Just because i can't see he has a weapon in hand does not mean he don't have one. The fact the he is trying to attack me means he is trying to harm me. I have the right to defend myself if needed. I would fully expect the police to investigate the matter.

---------- Post added 2012-03-09 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sepuku View Post
    Okay fair enough. My question is would you expect to evade arrest and get away with murder scot free?
    Would I expect a trail or investigation on me. Yes I would. Would I hope they Agree with me that I was in danger, yes. Does this change my opinion, no.

Deleted
    Would I expect a trail or investigation on me. Yes I would. Would I hope they Agree with me that I was in danger, yes. Does this change my opinion, no.
    I have no intent of trying to change your opinion, just formulate my own. I'm just trying to paint a scenario. You're arguing with somebody in the street, you have a gun but are unaware that they having any weapon. That person then approaches you aggressively, having not touched you yet. Because that person approached you aggressively, having not laid a finger on you yet, you will defend yourself by killing that person?

Again, it's your own opinion, I can't fault you for that. But I personally would warn that person by aiming the gun at them first and keep my sight tightly locked on them long enough for us both to safely retreat. The wiki link you gave stated that deadly force can be used when a person is unable to retreat (apart from in your own home where you are not obliged to retreat). So effectively, you have not followed law. You assumed your life was at risk because the person approached you menacingly. But they had not touched you, and there was still space for you to retreat. Shit, you could fire a blank, or a non-lethal shot. But you'd shoot that person in the chest, and expect the law to agree with you?

EDIT: Please don't be offended by anything I say, its just opinion vs opinion. I do not intend to cause any offense.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    this annoys me aswell, evrytime on the news a black or other minority person is attacked/killed they say its a hate rime / racially motivated when theres no actual evidence of it.

Am I the only one here who watched this video and thought how racist these news casters were? That girl is blatently racist saying she doesn't care about the facts, just their skin colour and that proves it's a hate crime. They are worse than Fox news on pushing their point of view. Not only did they ONLY tell ONE side of the story they stuck to their most extreme view. I'm not saying it's impossible for this to be a hate crime, but we don't know what the kid was wearing, or what happened in the confrontation. The kid could have attacked the man becuase he was being racist. The man called 911 before the shooting occured so he was already suspicious based off some thing that had happened or he had seen. I'm assuming when he confronted the teen that he called the cops and he (the kid) needs to stay where he is becuase the man (zimmerman) was feeling uncomfortable about the "neighborhoods" saftey.
    The kid probably went on a huge rant about how zimmerman was racist and wasn't going to do what he said. Zimmerman probably then tried to keep the kid in place with some force. Thus a fight broke out and Zimmerman used his firearm to stop the kid. I am in no way condoning what Zimmerman did, violence is not the answer to anything. But, the fact that these "reporters" would discount anything other than Racism as a possibility makes them more racist than zimmerman could have ever been. The fact that they say white people don't go through discrimination is a load a crap as well. One of my good friends that I went to school with lived in a horrible neighborhood. One where being white WAS THE MINORITY. He did have the fear if he walked down the street late at night he would get robbed or jumped. Gang activity was high where he lived. This story is a better example on how biased the Fking media is than a rascist act.....#Rant