1. #20001
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I've literally never seen a Leshrac get shut down
    Then why are half of the last two pages you arguing about Storm while expicitly saying Lina/Lesh are np because they're squishy and easy to shut down? If you're gonna argue for something, at least be consistent on your stance.

    You seem to think there is no counter to Storm, but a 5k gold item (Linken's) or a 20+ minute Glimmer on supports is an easy counter to Lina's 12 minute Eul's. Lina does what Storm does without the safety of his escape. Go in, wreck out of position person, go back to farming/group up and take objectives. Alternatively, a good counter to BKB/high impact supports with Aghs ult.

    In general I do agree though, feels worse playing against Storm than Lina/Lesh. A Storm can drag the game out longer unless it's an absolute stomp than the other two I feel. At least it's no Bounty Hunter where all you need is one good fight and you get back in the game, no matter how much ahead the other team is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

  2. #20002
    Brewmaster TheCount's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh I enjoy Sniper personally, I just mean someone on the other team will always decide to point out how "easy" Sniper is, and how you should play a "real hero".

    And yeah, I do enjoy that about Bloodseeker myself, but you just reminded me of a Bloodseeker I had the other day who would always Bloodrage the PA on the other team as he was about to die, so she would just crit him and heal up.
    I think the opposite. Its hard to play sniper in the current meta. Easy to gank, his abilities are not that good at stopping anyone, bkb stops his long range nuking ult or blinking for that matter. If you can play a sniper as a carry and beat out a team with Storm or Lesh in it then well....

  3. #20003
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Then why are half of the last two pages you arguing about Storm while expicitly saying Lina/Lesh are np because they're squishy and easy to shut down? If you're gonna argue for something, at least be consistent on your stance.
    I am consistent. You can't stop Lesh from farming. However, you can kill 6 slotted Lesh MUCH MUCH MUCH easier than you can kill a 6 slotted Storm. Even with Octarine this hero is still pretty easy to kill as long as you have a farmed carry. Storm will just zipzap in circles around your team.

    You seem to think there is no counter to Storm, but a 5k gold item (Linken's) or a 20+ minute Glimmer on supports is an easy counter to Lina's 12 minute Eul's. Lina does what Storm does without the safety of his escape. Go in, wreck out of position person, go back to farming/group up and take objectives. Alternatively, a good counter to BKB/high impact supports with Aghs ult.
    Did I ever say Linken's was a counter to any of these heroes? I hope not, that item is godawful in most games. There isn't a reliable counter to any of the popular mids right now, which is why they are so popular. You don't have to be good at dota to be good at lesh/lina/storm/qop, these heroes will always get farm and they will always get kills. Three of them are possible to kill, though.

    I will agree BH is probably the most bullshit hero in the game right now, but is much harder to play than the rest. I can safely say, having lost like 8 party ranked matches in a row with a friend who keeps first picking BH, he is not the same level of guaranteed win that the other heroes are.

    You'll notice I haven't complained much about BS or Gyro, both of these heroes are way over the top and broken as well. But, they are slightly harder to play than the int mids and take more thought than just press R and win instantly. It's not heroes being way stronger than the rest of the pool that pisses me off, per se, it's that combined with being brain dead easy to play. Too many people can abuse this patch and gain ridiculous amounts of MMR they don't deserve, and it's all going to come crashing down when the next patch comes out. Really, most of the skill of playing mid has been taken out of the game by this and the last patch. Enemy counter picked you or is just better at last hitting? Don't worry, nuke down the creep wave and go stack jungle camps in your free time and you'll outfarm him anyway.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-16 at 05:56 PM.

  4. #20004
    back to 3900 KEK, lost as lesh cuz our had a lina that raged and feed pmuch and axe that didnt want to do rosh and yolo all the game, tho it was working till he bb and tp and died again 1v4-5

    and as a bounty vs 1st pick huskar because our mid pick LC vs Lesh and our tiny went drums and mom 1st, jesus this games r cancer i dont even wanna grind anymore


    I disagree at gyro being harder than storm, or even bloodseeker. anyone can play those heroes, storm you've to be good with it, unless u've no lockdown like I saw in ur games vs storm.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2015-09-16 at 06:31 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  5. #20005
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    I disagree at gyro being harder than storm, or even bloodseeker. anyone can play those heroes, storm you've to be good with it, unless u've no lockdown like I saw in ur games vs storm.
    Can we agree that anyone who can lock down Storm can lock down Gyro just as easily? If not much, much easier?

  6. #20006
    but gyro always goes for bkb and he wont die as fast as storm will
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  7. #20007
    Deleted
    Caster QoP is really so much fun.

    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1798336765

  8. #20008
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Caster QoP is really so much fun.

    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1798336765
    Where's the Dagon, bro?

    Miracle- seems so good. Another promising new player.

  9. #20009
    Aaaaaand the miracle m-god holy crap hype has begone just cause of 1 good juke lol..... ofc hes good but come on its as envy said ''casual AM game'', nothing amazing.

  10. #20010
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Aaaaaand the miracle m-god holy crap hype has begone just cause of 1 good juke lol..... ofc hes good but come on its as envy said ''casual AM game'', nothing amazing.
    Listen to Envy all you want but Envy wasn't paying attention. Noobs judge him from one good juke but anyone who understands this game can see that he is a really good player. And let's not kid ourselves, that juke showed a lot too. It shows his presence of mind in a situation where 99.99% of all players would have choked.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2015-09-16 at 09:42 PM.

  11. #20011
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    but gyro always goes for bkb and he wont die as fast as storm will
    Yeah, but BKB doesn't make him any better than Storm because Storm can also buy BKB. I don't really consider that part of the equation. Gyro needs like 12000g minimum before he starts really being a real carry, Storm needs 4k gold and he can immediately start destroying anyone on the map that goes solo. Storm can go BKB after Orchid if enemy has tons of CC and he will be better off than Gyro at the same farm. It's also a lot easier to farm that gold as Storm, Gyro only really farms quickly if someone stacks for him so he can flak.

    Of note, I still consider Gyro stupidly easy to play. But he doesn't have on command immunity to everything.

    I mean, look at it this way, the FotM picks are always going to be some of the easiest to play heroes in the game. If they were hard to play, they wouldn't be FotM, because nobody would be good at them. Take Meepo for example, commonly considered a cancer pick because people who are good at him can ruin games and smash any team. But, very unpopular pick because most people are terrible with him.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-16 at 09:44 PM.

  12. #20012
    well 9/10 gyro i play with build hotd and stack ancients for themselves, they're farming all the game and most storm dont do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Storm needs 4k gold and he can immediately start destroying anyone on the map that goes solo. .
    well hes a ganker after all.

    all gyro needs is level tbh and hes scary as fuck, he doesn't need many items early because his skills r retarded. just simple phase wand drums aquila and hes strong then u add syy bkb, change drums for hotd hes a bit weaker but can get a lot more farm
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  13. #20013
    Yeah, but is any of that easier to pull off than clicking R on someone from way outside of their vision range and killing them before your stun wears off, then teleporting away from the counter gank? I don't see how anyone can consider Storm hard to play, the people who are terrible with him are usually just not experienced enough to estimate how much mana their ults will cost them, a problem that could be fixed if they played the hero more than 3 times in their life.

  14. #20014
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Listen to Envy all you want but Envy wasn't paying attention. Noobs judge him from one good juke but anyone who understands this game can see that he is a really good player. And let's not kid ourselves, that juke showed a lot too. It shows his presence of mind in a situation where 99.99% of all players would have choked.
    Yea i guess both envy and misery are wrong and just jelly of the m-god.
    And who said he was not a good player? I just find it annoying when people overhype people cause of a single flashy play.

  15. #20015
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Yea i guess both envy and misery are wrong and just jelly of the m-god.
    And who said he was not a good player? I just find it annoying when people overhype people cause of a single flashy play.
    But did you see that time FY god clicked R a couple of times? Literally best Rubick of all time.


    Also, I think I found the real reason people in the 4k range seem the same as people in the 5k range to me. Every game I play, I am the highest MMR on the team, and yet people try to convince me to play position 5 because all of them are on smurfs and are actually 5500-6000 MMR on their mains! This is an amazing phenomenon to me, I am apparently the only person around 5k who is actually on their main account.

  16. #20016
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Yeah, but is any of that easier to pull off than clicking R on someone from way outside of their vision range and killing them before your stun wears off, then teleporting away from the counter gank? I don't see how anyone can consider Storm hard to play, the people who are terrible with him are usually just not experienced enough to estimate how much mana their ults will cost them, a problem that could be fixed if they played the hero more than 3 times in their life.
    I've seen SS failing to kill a support because he couldn't handle swagmove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  17. #20017
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Yea i guess both envy and misery are wrong and just jelly of the m-god.
    And who said he was not a good player? I just find it annoying when people overhype people cause of a single flashy play.
    Time will tell, my friend.

  18. #20018
    Elimination mode is fun to watch. Game 2 and 3 will be especially interesting

    Medusa and Wraith king carry in game 2. Not something you see every day x)
    Last edited by Mellomania; 2015-09-17 at 06:19 PM.

  19. #20019
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    But did you see that time FY god clicked R a couple of times? Literally best Rubick of all time.
    and the best sk dont forget that

    "couple" of times in everymatch btw
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  20. #20020
    I feel like every time a fix comes out from Reborn, there's like, 8 new bugs that arise...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •