Riki is legit. The diffusal change really buffed him, and i gotta say offlane doom with the frost armor ogre buff and scorched earth is unkillable early game.

OSfrog strikes again x)

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as I currently dont have my laptop since its being repaired. I cant stream or play dota. Anyone tell me what heroes will be the new shit? Im guessing doom might be one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Seeing as I currently dont have my laptop since its being repaired. I cant stream or play dota. Anyone tell me what heroes will be the new shit? Im guessing doom might be one.
    I mean Doom isn't strictly bad any more after the Scorched Earth buff, but the 4-million-year castpoint of Doom means it's still super easy to juke IMHO.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Doom was ever bad, more like a middle tier hero. With his buff he moves into the upper middle tier, still not the greatest but pretty good. The Scorched Earth buff makes him more effective in the early game, where imo he struggled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I don't think Doom was ever bad, more like a middle tier hero. With his buff he moves into the upper middle tier, still not the greatest but pretty good. The Scorched Earth buff makes him more effective in the early game, where imo he struggled.
    The problem with Doom still is that he just doesn't do that much (at least until ultra, ultra, ultra late when Lvl Death is guaranteed max nuke on everyone) outside of Doom, and because of the AIDS castpoint, Doom is an incredibly easy ability to juke. You can literally just walk out of cast range while he's winding it up unless he's right on top of you.

but he'll have blink/sb, so unless u're ember with a remnant already in position, its not that easy to dodge it.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

7-0 so far in solo ranked this patch, going strong now that the zero skill heroes are all shit tier.

Also, it helps that I started queuing Europe instead of North America. Games are waaAaAAaaAaAaAAAaAAaAy easier here. And not necessarily because the players are worse, as Ariadne and I argued to death, they're really about the same skill level, but there are actually people ready to play in EUW. When I use NA servers, my team will have MMR ranged from 4400 to 5100, which means you could have a 4500 MMR mid against the enemy 5200 MMR mid and you're pretty much set up to lose the game already. I queue EUW and all 10 players are within ~150 MMR. People also just seem to have a better attitude so far, NA is nothing but cancer every single game.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-09-29 at 12:45 AM.

Does Dota Reborn still tell you if action was taken against your reported players?

For...you know, reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    7-0 so far in solo ranked this patch, going strong now that the zero skill heroes are all shit tier.

Also, it helps that I started queuing Europe instead of North America. Games are waaAaAAaaAaAaAAAaAAaAy easier here. And not necessarily because the players are worse, as Ariadne and I argued to death, they're really about the same skill level, but there are actually people ready to play in EUW. When I use NA servers, my team will have MMR ranged from 4400 to 5100, which means you could have a 4500 MMR mid against the enemy 5200 MMR mid and you're pretty much set up to lose the game already. I queue EUW and all 10 players are within ~150 MMR. People also just seem to have a better attitude so far, NA is nothing but cancer every single game.
    The worst mmr difference i've seen mid was a 6k vs a ~3k (nice job party ranked ''3.8k party , 6k solo'') we won pretty hard though, actually most games with stupid differences like that were a lot easier to win than similar avg mmr games or games where there is a higher mmr guy on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    The worst mmr difference i've seen mid was a 6k vs a ~3k (nice job party ranked ''3.8k party , 6k solo'') we won pretty hard though, actually most games with stupid differences like that were a lot easier to win than similar avg mmr games or games where there is a higher mmr guy on our team.
    Aside from people intentionally feeding, which I do get my fair share of, games have seemed pretty much fair actually so far.

Sigh. I'm just reminded of my attempts to play captain's mode in ranked lately. Literally every match save one or two had at least one player either complain "I don't like these picks! We lost! I'm going to ignore the gameplan and do whatever the fuck I want because fuck you guys!", or they outright abandon because they're literally whining nonstop, someone dies, they abandon going "look at these fucking nubs feeding", etc...

It's been such a complete fuckfest lol.

Deleted
    People who don't know how to use chicken properly are the bane of a mid player. Learn to put items on chicken when it's in base. Learn to use burst properly (don't use it unless you really need the item or plan to bottle crow). Learn to pay attention to courier, where it is, and if it is being used. Learn to fucking play the game.

How many items would you consider a reasonable amount to put on it while it's in base from a support point of view? Usually I hesitate to put anything more than 2 or 3, but then I feel like I might need it quick if it's something like wards and I might end up waiting longer for mid to even end up using it.

Then again, I feel like the answer might not help much now, because I doubt I'd run into a mid as good as you, so they'd probably just be using the courier brainlessly to begin with. I don't think I've ever seen anyone bottle crow as an example.

Deleted
    One thing is to notice the chicken. There is no reason to buy stuff before chicken is in base. When you see chicken in base and yuou want to ferry out some wards and stuff, then just put them in the chicken. Just check how many slots are available and use them if needed. Once the mid has his bottle from bottle crow, send the courier to yourself and take your items. Now it's up to the mid to send the chicken back to himself if he wants to crow again.

The thing most people do is that the mid is bottle crowing and when the mid gets his bottle they send the courier back to base to grab their wards etc so the mid has to wait extra long before he can bottle crow again.

To sum it up, if you didn't get your items on the chicken when it was in base then you just have to wait until the next time it's in the base. Don't ever send the chicken back to base yourself to grab items.

They should probably just remove bottle crow entirely instead of trying to find ways to balance it by nerfing bottle.

got my deadmau music pack like 2 days ago (yaya me won few bets and traded few items for it) best music pack ever. no need to put music as background anymore
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    They should probably just remove bottle crow entirely instead of trying to find ways to balance it by nerfing bottle.
    How do you do that though? Not refilling a bottle unless it's in a hero inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    How do you do that though? Not refilling a bottle unless it's in a hero inventory?
    Pretty much. Personally id make it impossible to refill unless its in the owners inventory, but make them 4 charges. It would alleviate shit show in pubs and make mid less of a too important strain in pro games.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Yeah I was just going to say don't let couriers pick bottles up but I like your solution a lot more