Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Glimmer cape is a mandatory support item.

Solar crest is a mandatory item for a team in most games.

Octarine is a core late game item for a couple heroes.

Silver edge is a slark item.

Lotus Orb is meh.
    Seems to be confirmed by the usage numbers too.

http://www.dotabuff.com/items?date=patch_6.84c

Side note, Power Tread and Agh's used more than TP scroll. Oh geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Side note, Power Tread and Agh's used more than TP scroll. Oh geez.
    I dont think that TP stat is well. I check my own dotabuff and it says i buy more boots then tp and thats frankly impossible. In some game i must buy like 20-30 tps.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2015-08-29 at 07:10 PM.

I dont think that TP stat is well. I check my own dotabuff and it says i buy more boots then tp and thats frankly impossible. In some game i must buy like 20-30 tps.
    Hm, maybe it checks only for one purchase, rather than multiple, since you most likely won't buy multiple of the same item (Aside from a few odd items). Mine has TP scroll as the top, but the number is definitely lacking.

It seems off for brown boots too....says I bought Arcane more than Brown boots, which is quite impossible, it only has 21 for Brown boots. I guess it discounts if you upgrade the item too.

I think Dotabuff only collects Data at the end of the game. Its not recording the total number of TP's bought, just the number of times people have finished a game with a TP in their inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Hm, maybe it checks only for one purchase, rather than multiple, since you most likely won't buy multiple of the same item (Aside from a few odd items).

But even then it wouldnt make sense. I have way more power thread purchased then TPs. Yet i buy phases as well. I cant think of a single game of dota 2 since dotabuff existence were i bought 0 tp. So tp should always win out because you get one count per match. I think the stat is about usage. Meaning everytime you thread switch, it would explain power threads beating everything by a landslide and aghs (everytime you ult).

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I think Dotabuff only collects Data at the end of the game. Its not recording the total number of TP's bought, just the number of times people have finished a game with a TP in their inventory.
    I guess i was overthinking it lol. Zebra is right. yeah now checking the list thats pretty much it, thats why all the early items are at the buttom game ends with nobody having those unless they got stomped.

If anything the TP being top 3 is impressive. I guess people do buy TPS in general and ends game with them in their inventory. People are smarter then i expected and dont just rush bots as often as i think they do.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2015-08-29 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Yeah like Ouch said, that makes the most sense. I guess then everything is pretty accurate except in terms of TPs, wards, and especially the courier... (Who the heck were those few players to still have a courier? )

guys remember to vote for trump ok

Nyx isn't really a hero I've played in the past, so decided to play him the past couple of days. Going surprisingly well o.O

Nyx nyx nyx nyx nyx.

I dislike playing against Nyx, the moment you think you're safe jungling, boom Vendetta crit, stun, dagon, dead.

But dang that's impressive.

Yeah seems unlike when I play BH, people are much less likely to use detection when I Nyx. Pretty much every game lately I've been allowed to free roam and do the Dagon pick offs as much as I want. It's lovely

I havent played nyx in months, but the other day I saw moonmeander playing it, he had midas aghs octarine, that's the build. op as fk to defend high ground

also 75? sec midas or so, so much gold feels like doom
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Glimmer cape is a mandatory support item.

Solar crest is a mandatory item for a team in most games.

Octarine is a core late game item for a couple heroes.

Silver edge is a slark item.

Lotus Orb is meh.
    Lotus Orb can lead to some hilarious effects though. Watched a game where a gryo with lotus was able to reflect a jugg ult. So I think its a very situational item, really depends on what the other team has that can be reflected

Lotus perfect item vs overpowered Linas

Not always practical in a game, but still the level of sheer fun that can be had with lotus orb

its still weak compared to other new items, and expensive. but its still really useful mostly the dispel part
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Gief rat meta please, its so hard to rat these days.

Deleted
    Why TA is a counter to Storm in pubs: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1771563550

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Why TA is a counter to Storm in pubs: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1771563550
    I'm going to go ahead and trash your accomplishment for you:

Leoric picked, went midas radiance, lmao
    Weaver midas, lmao
    Silencer midas, lmfao
    Storm bloodstone before orchid against WW, LOL
    Techies picker on your team

Nothing storm could have done, some teams simply cannot be carried, even RTZ-god doesn't have 100% winrate.

Deleted
    Winning a game against a team with Midas Linken's Weaver and Midas Radiance Silver Edge WK is like bragging about winning a 100-meter sprint against a bunch of kids in wheelchairs.

Sure, buddy, you won the game. Ain't particularly impressive, though.

Yeah, doesn't feel good when people dismantle your arguments by saying it only worked because you play against brain dead idiots, does it?