Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    classic ppd strat, let other teams win pointless tournaments, then win the most important ones just wait! Kappa
    More like they win only when enemy team perform poorly. CDEC game, Secret game, same shit, even in TI5. When they start making stupid mistakes EG punishes, otherwise, they are bound to lose.

And to be honest, if Team Secret can destroy EG with a PA which was nothing but a burden in the game, it's clear indication that TS is a superior team.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2015-10-19 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I don't think placing 3/4 and tieing with ti5 2nd place team after qualifying is bad by any stretch of the imagination. It's not #1 or bust.
    Teams have disbanded over second place before, so I don't know, it does kind of feel like it is #1 or bust most of the time. I don't have high hopes for them going into the major, anyway.

And EG was undoubtedly the best team in the world at TI. I think their roster is pretty terrible now, though. They took arguably the best hyper carry player in the world and turned him into a jungle stack bitch, they keep giving sumaiL weird ass heroes that he can't make plays with, and RTZ just is not as good as everyone seems to think he is, the RTZ curse is real. Where, before, you had sumaiL feeding in one lane and Fear calmly farming up in another so he can carry late game, now you have sumaiL feeding in one lane and RTZ feeding in the other.

I really wish teams could get past their drama infighting shit and learn to work through problems. Maybe they didn't get along with aui all that well but they had a working team and their job is not to have fun and make friends, their job is to win.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-10-19 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    More like they win only when enemy team perform poorly. CDEC game, Secret game, same shit, even in TI5. When they start making stupid mistakes EG punishes, otherwise, they are bound to lose.

And to be honest, if Team Secret can destroy EG with a PA which was nothing but a burden in the game, it's clear indication that TS is a superior team.
    It's not a clear indication of anything. There is so much variance in Dota it's impossible to call who is the better team until they've played a ton of matches over a long period of time. If you looked at game 2 only where EG shit all over Secret you would say they were better? Right now I would say Secret have the edge in execution and strategy but in terms of raw talent and skill I still favour EG.

Calling it now, Secret will get eliminated from Frankfurt faster than they got kicked out of Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Calling it now, Secret will get eliminated from Frankfurt faster than they got kicked out of Seattle.
    I hope not...Puppy's drafts are fun to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    It's not a clear indication of anything. There is so much variance in Dota it's impossible to call who is the better team until they've played a ton of matches over a long period of time. If you looked at game 2 only where EG shit all over Secret you would say they were better? Right now I would say Secret have the edge in execution and strategy but in terms of raw talent and skill I still favour EG.
    I actually think exact the opposite. In terms of raw skill, CDEC, Secret and VG are above EG, however, EG is disciplined and synchronized which other teams lack. They do not make mistakes that often.

@Hermanni
    I actually do not find energy to carry on this discussion. I get your points and I actually didn't disagree on getting xp. I only disagreed on farming gold.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2015-10-19 at 05:34 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually think exact the opposite. In terms of raw skill, CDEC, Secret and VG are above EG, however, EG is disciplined and synchronized which other teams lack. They do not make mistakes that often.
    lmao, do u forget that eg has sumail rtz and universe? pretty much the best at their position. best captain, and one of the best player that can play anything.
    RTZ > EE
    Sumail>w33
    universe> misery
    puppey > fear
    ppd =Pie
    ppd = puppey in term of being captain atm, with meepo and brood being a must ban vs secret its hard to draft, but overall ppd > puppey. I think this was the 1st time that puppey (as captain) beat ppd ?

cdec
    rtz=agressive
    sumail>shuki or w.e thier mid name is
    universe> the offlaner
    garden>fear
    Q=>PPD (term of skill q is better imo, but ppd is better captain overall)

VG
    rtz >burning
    sumail > super
    universe = icex3
    fear < fy
    ppd < fenrir

but ppd > fy captain

anyway this are my opinions which r kinda biased but still, they're at least equally if not better skilled.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2015-10-19 at 05:49 PM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Yeah they're actually looking pretty strong, solid play all around that I saw except for a few EE dives but those only happened when the game was already won.

I just wanted to get my prediction in so I can gloat about how right I was reddit style in the off chance it actually happens.

It'll be sad to see EG get stomped in Frankfurt. I do think their loss to Secret was more them not playing seriously than it was Secret being a better team, but there's no guarantee they can overcome that problem in a month. They have several of the best players in the world in my opinion, but that isn't enough to win (all) games.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-10-19 at 05:41 PM.

Teams have disbanded over second place before, so I don't know, it does kind of feel like it is #1 or bust most of the time. I don't have high hopes for them going into the major, anyway.
    Honestly feels like an issue with games in general, unless you're number one, you might as well quit is the vibe that comes out from the pro scene.

@EqualWin

I am not sure about RTZ, I've watched him with special care last night, couldn't catch any special contribution to the games.

Deleted
    EG seem lost and confused about how to draft and play with their new roster. You noticed in MLG that they were experimenting with whether to have Sumail mid or Arteezy mid. I'm actually surprised EG got second, I thought they'd do worse. Sumail or Arteezy need to change their style and I don't think that will be easy. Right now it looks like ppd wants Sumail to be the one changing it up.

I find it funny though people are already saying this new roster is worse cause they got 2nd. Let's remember that EG got like three 2nd places before TI5 in smaller LANs.

i dont think they're confused, they're using their versatility which only will get good with time so its fine imo, llke sumail can play playmaker heroes when they pick a farming mid ta sf naga. or play qop/wr mid and rtz the hard carry.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    i dont think they're confused, they're using their versatility which only will get good with time so its fine imo, llke sumail can play playmaker heroes when they pick a farming mid ta sf naga. or play qop/wr mid and rtz the hard carry.
    So why did Sumail play SF sometimes and sometimes TA? That's what I mean. They are not sure whether they want Arteezy on SF or Sumail on SF etc

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    So why did Sumail play SF sometimes and sometimes TA? That's what I mean. They are not sure whether they want Arteezy on SF or Sumail on SF etc
    if u noticed it depends on the other core pick, when sumail played sf they had rtz razor/lycan. they'll get w.e they're most comfortable with/best for the team overall

when they play sf rtz, its the only "carry". with sumail as playmaker hero

they can switch and have lot of versatility which is good, ppd has to keep improving it
    - Ronald Koeman.

New Na'vi lineup seems to be: Dendi Sonneiko Alwayswannafly Funn1k & Dityara.

With the new update you now have to win LPQ games to get out of LPQ

Low Priority games now have to be won in order to count.
    The number of Low Priority games needed to complete has been reduced.

People are already getting around it by win trading, hilariously enough. Valve probably just needs to institute straight up time bans at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    With the new update you now have to win LPQ games to get out of LPQ
    Lets make people who are already angry at their teammates poor performances even more angry at their teammates!

Who seriously thought this was a good idea? LPQ is just going to be an endless void of rage and frustration, far from helping to make things better, its just going to make them worse. I get that its ment to be a punishment, but this system is going to end up punishing bad play as much as its going to punish bad behaviour. The length of time you spend in LPQ should be determined by how much of a dick you've been, not how much of a dick you've been and how good you are at winning games.
    Valve really dropped the ball on this one.

Valve probably just needs to institute straight up time bans at some point.
    There are lots of other punishments they could hand out too. Chat bans for example, would take away the ability to vent your rage over all chat, and there are plenty of other tools you can use in-game to communicate without chat which aren't going to spoil the game for others. Or maybe they remove your cosmetics temporarilly until you've played enough games without getting reported to earn them back.

On the other hand, they could also be doing a lot more to encourage positive behaviour too. Get enough commendations for Teaching? Have an in game mortar board item for Witch Doctor. Lots of Friendly ones? Have a Pony courier that leaves rainbow trails. Incentives to behave tend to work better than fear of punishments in my experience.

People are already getting around it by win trading, hilariously enough. Valve probably just needs to institute straight up time bans at some point.
    Wouldn't making it impossible to que with more than 2 in party when in low priority fix that though?

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Lets make people who are already angry at their teammates poor performances even more angry at their teammates!

Who seriously thought this was a good idea? LPQ is just going to be an endless void of rage and frustration, far from helping to make things better, its just going to make them worse. I get that its ment to be a punishment, but this system is going to end up punishing bad play as much as its going to punish bad behaviour. The length of time you spend in LPQ should be determined by how much of a dick you've been, not how much of a dick you've been and how good you are at winning games.
    Valve really dropped the ball on this one.

There are lots of other punishments they could hand out too. Chat bans for example, would take away the ability to vent your rage over all chat, and there are plenty of other tools you can use in-game to communicate without chat which aren't going to spoil the game for others. Or maybe they remove your cosmetics temporarilly until you've played enough games without getting reported to earn them back.

On the other hand, they could also be doing a lot more to encourage positive behaviour too. Get enough commendations for Teaching? Have an in game mortar board item for Witch Doctor. Lots of Friendly ones? Have a Pony courier that leaves rainbow trails. Incentives to behave tend to work better than fear of punishments in my experience.
    There are chat bans? You have probably seen a few >well played! spammers that say nothing other than that, those are the chat banned people.(im guessing its the report>communication abuse thing)

Problem is if the punishments are too harsh people would just quit or make new accounts.

they'll just play smurf? wasn't it time ban before?

an easy fix would be, not allowing party in lp? or stack vs stack or something.
    - Ronald Koeman.