1. #21001
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I don't think he needed help before, I just think the era of tanky physical damage dealers outgrew him (lmao gyro still broken as shit). His new astral is just godawful though, hero is definitely in trouble now.
    The worst part of the whole thing is rather than going back on the changes, he's in for months (years?) of being incrementally buffed up to a level where he's playable. Only to have gotten buffed too far and end up getting smacked right back down again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    There are a few personalities I despise like nothing else in Dota 2.
    The one I find most irritating is the "stand around doing nothing support guy". Stack some camps, place some wards, go roaming mid and help Death Prophet out. Do something other than watch me farm uncontested.
    Its even worse when you're in a tough lane and you've got Lich or Lion just letting the other team bully you, and they're stood just far enough away to be in XP range, but nowhere near close enough to be of any real use.

  2. #21002
    Scarab Lord Crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    4,089
    Alliance is back!

    I was cheering for them, but they won filthily.

  3. #21003
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    The one I find most irritating is the "stand around doing nothing support guy". Stack some camps, place some wards, go roaming mid and help Death Prophet out. Do something other than watch me farm uncontested.
    Its even worse when you're in a tough lane and you've got Lich or Lion just letting the other team bully you, and they're stood just far enough away to be in XP range, but nowhere near close enough to be of any real use.
    Ugh, yes. I don't see them much anymore, but admittedly I've also played a lot of support heroes lately. But yes, these fuckers are so frustrating. My only peeve as Dazzle my last game was that everywhere was going so splendidly I wasn't sure what to do between pulls lol.

  4. #21004
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Alliance is back!

    I was cheering for them, but they won filthily.
    Using naga song to let tiny take the last racks was kinda dirty

    Edit: http://i.imgur.com/kfqDPvk.gifv
    Last edited by Mellomania; 2015-12-20 at 02:23 PM.

  5. #21005
    Deleted
    I'm sure Oracle is a completely broken hero honestly, even after the nerf to ult. The mana cost on both W and E need to be doubled or some shit - the hero is fucking absurd even discounting the ulti if you actually skill him right (i.e max E, max W, leave Q for last instead of the retarded "ME MAX Q BECAUSE Q IS DISABLE" that every pub Oracle does) and I'm almost willing to bet money on him being the new cancer in pro DotA this patch.

  6. #21006
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I'm sure Oracle is a completely broken hero honestly, even after the nerf to ult. The mana cost on both W and E need to be doubled or some shit - the hero is fucking absurd even discounting the ulti if you actually skill him right (i.e max E, max W, leave Q for last instead of the retarded "ME MAX Q BECAUSE Q IS DISABLE" that every pub Oracle does) and I'm almost willing to bet money on him being the new cancer in pro DotA this patch.
    Most people don't know that you can purge the E heal with Q.

  7. #21007
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    Using naga song to let tiny take the last racks was kinda dirty

    Edit: http://i.imgur.com/kfqDPvk.gifv
    As though anyone didn't know Naga was OP. It's amazing how the patch guts heroes that were already underperforming like OD and then doesn't touch obviously overpowered heroes like Naga, Gyro, etc.

    Seriously, worst patch. I'm convinced it was done with interns or something while Icefrog was busy helping gaben keep up on counting the money.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  8. #21008
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What's the verdict on Zet?
    He's pretty bad. He's essentially a support, but since he has agility primary people think he's a carry. He certainly COULD carry, and being able to send clones at your base and do damage and you can't do anything about it is pretty strong. Problem is, he has no farm potential outside of a second midas. He has no lane phase, two of his spells are essentially invalidated by the presence of creeps and the third only helps keep him alive for a few seconds if you dive. His ult costs an insane amount of life and mana at level 1, so he can't really spam it just to farm. This means he's bound to lose his lane if he's the "carry," making it impossible to keep up in net worth for sure.

    What he's good at - picking people off in the jungle. Great counter jungler, great roamer, that's how people should play him but nobody does. Have another support to help CC and set up wraiths, tower dive and use field to survive, etc. Put them in a position where they can't avoid flux because they have to run away. He should probably focus on support items as well. Double Atos would be insane for a fairly cheap price, sheep obviously, force staff if you're a pro. Ideally you want to sit behind a real carry and be ready to drop field on him in fights, as well as spamming item advantage. BoT + nec3 is good as well, you can send a clone to push another lane quickly while you are sieging enemy.

    You won't see very many people playing this hero well, ideal use of him is going to rely on spamming BoTs to split push which will take the dedication of a meepo player to do well. Just like meepo, we're going to see the hero is trash in the hands of 99% of the population while a few people make it look good. I just wish people would stop picking him "just to see what he does" in my games.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-12-20 at 05:49 PM.

  9. #21009
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,822
    Yeah, I went aether lens but I'm not sure if the extra cast range was particularly important. I agree he's a top tier roamer/ganker, it's clearly why Flux and spirits are made for, especially given their long cast ranges and spirits giving vision. Manaboots are incredibly good on him since he can pop them twice instantly with ulti to refill a ton of friendly mana. I really think people undersell Flux because it's inactive when people are hugging - you don't want to be hugging your teammates in fights. Summons would be a bigger problem, Profit could pop some trees in the middle of the group and probably prevent Flux from doing anything.

    I do think he's a Meepo hero. He's not hard to play, but he does require more work than others for similar results.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  10. #21010
    Magnus + Arc Warden. Much uncertainty will be had. Also, I sincerely hope to see Blink nerfs in the future, or hero changes that make them more capable of dealing with heroes trying to blink escape.

  11. #21011
    Just pick your own blinker, antimage has never been happier in his life than this patch. This hero is probably due for some nerfs soon so better get your free MMR while it lasts.

  12. #21012
    Deleted
    Seriously, people, can we stop calling Blink Dagger "Blinker"? It's not a fucking turn signal on a car or a person with dysfunctionally hyperactive orbital muscles, it's a dagger that lets you teleport. "Blink" or "Blink Dagger", not "Blinker" TYVM before I lose my fucking mind.

  13. #21013
    Lol. They updated how riki ulti works with battlefury. It doesnt attack creeps or illusions. Can we have the same shit for ember sleight?

  14. #21014
    The Lightbringer Bapestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    He's pretty bad. He's essentially a support, but since he has agility primary people think he's a carry. He certainly COULD carry, and being able to send clones at your base and do damage and you can't do anything about it is pretty strong. Problem is, he has no farm potential outside of a second midas. He has no lane phase, two of his spells are essentially invalidated by the presence of creeps and the third only helps keep him alive for a few seconds if you dive. His ult costs an insane amount of life and mana at level 1, so he can't really spam it just to farm. This means he's bound to lose his lane if he's the "carry," making it impossible to keep up in net worth for sure.

    What he's good at - picking people off in the jungle. Great counter jungler, great roamer, that's how people should play him but nobody does. Have another support to help CC and set up wraiths, tower dive and use field to survive, etc. Put them in a position where they can't avoid flux because they have to run away. He should probably focus on support items as well. Double Atos would be insane for a fairly cheap price, sheep obviously, force staff if you're a pro. Ideally you want to sit behind a real carry and be ready to drop field on him in fights, as well as spamming item advantage. BoT + nec3 is good as well, you can send a clone to push another lane quickly while you are sieging enemy.

    You won't see very many people playing this hero well, ideal use of him is going to rely on spamming BoTs to split push which will take the dedication of a meepo player to do well. Just like meepo, we're going to see the hero is trash in the hands of 99% of the population while a few people make it look good. I just wish people would stop picking him "just to see what he does" in my games.
    Well you kind of contradict yourself when you say he's pretty bad and later say hes good in the hands of good players. I think it's unfair or not a good comparison to Meepo tbh. I'm average at microing and am able to play Zet decently, don't think I will ever be able to play an average meepo. It's still too early to know the impact Zet will have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

  15. #21015
    For sure Q will be scaled down properly based on level... Easiest first bloods ever.

  16. #21016
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    He's pretty bad. He's essentially a support, but since he has agility primary people think he's a carry.
    -snip-
    What he's good at - picking people off in the jungle. Great counter jungler, great roamer, that's how people should play him but nobody does.
    He wouldn't be the only Agi support though, Venge and Veno are both great at it. Not babysitting so much, but when you're hunting for kills they're great to have on your team. They do get picked as carries from time to time though. Unfortunately Arc Warden's base damage and scaling are both very low, and while he has his field to help, it doesn't totally overwrite poor stats. Venge at least has good base stats, stat growths and good scaling with items, so it can work well in the right situation. Arc is effectlively an Int hero with the Agi tag, I've yet to see him be effective as a solo carry.

    What he really wants to do is catch people alone wandering through the river/jungle so he can murder them. All of his skills are themed around it. He's certainly not going to get good Fluxes off in lane if his opponents are smart about it, but picking someone off alone its going to deal full damage for certain. I expect its the kind of knowledge which will trickle down slowly over time. He is a new Hero afterall it should start clearing up, hopefully, when there are a couple of up to date and accurate guides for him. I saw all kinds of bizzare items and play styles when Abbadon was new. Come to think of it I still people still build Abbadon badly, but thats more because he's a bit of an odd hero who can make use of pretty much anything he can get his hands on.

    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Seriously, people, can we stop calling Blink Dagger "Blinker"? It's not a fucking turn signal on a car or a person with dysfunctionally hyperactive orbital muscles, it's a dagger that lets you teleport. "Blink" or "Blink Dagger", not "Blinker" TYVM before I lose my fucking mind.
    Are we allowed to shorten it to just BD? No, okay. Hence forth, this item shall be refered to as Blink Daggeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!

  17. #21017
    Deleted
    I can definitely acquiesce to exclusively referring to it via the Bane soundclip. I love Bane and Bane culture.

  18. #21018
    I kinda like the OD changes. Now pub stomping is even easier. He also never seems to run out of mana now

  19. #21019
    blink is fine, also theres no reason a hero can blink out of the fight to safety. urn, oov? any dot. unless its puck/ta/timed euls. I think the items is fine, the trade off is that you have an item that gives you no stats and "useless" in fights because you can't use it unlike sb etc.



    also after playing few games. well idk the game on radiant feels so different. also so much farm for a hero like am.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

  20. #21020
    Deleted
    I feel like teams that don't have an Invoker player are in for a really fucking bad time this patch. The more I play the hero the more I feel like he's blatantly overpowered and there's just no fucking way Alacrity at lvl 2 is remotely balanced. I almost feel like it'd be better for balance if it functioned like Deafening Blast and required 1 of each instance to Invoke or something.

    If I were a drafter I'd not like the prospect of having to first-ban Invoker every single game against Invoker teams. It'd be CDEC at TI5 all over again except honestly current Invoker is infinitely more versatile and cancerous in the hands of a good Invoker player than Leshrac ever was.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •