Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    You're obviously caring given how angry you are about it.
    Much anger oh great internet emotion teller.

they should bring back the command that lets u see blink, spells, etc ranges all the time no alt/mouseover crap

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    no i mean

it's live now
    Nice, I'll be sure to enjoy that as soon as they let me lock my cursor in the window again.

This thread is less active than RTZ's transfers.

Hard to talk about a game that only gets updated twice a year, there's never any news

I mean look at reddit even, its just 95% shitposts and 4% tier 3 tournaments.
    People waiting for the patch i guess.

Pretty much, outside of events / patches not much to talk about.

Although I'm late to the party. Dota 2 taking steps to be closer to LoL was interesting.

I dont mind some updates but tower attack range is pretty gross.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Pretty much, outside of events / patches not much to talk about.

Although I'm late to the party. Dota 2 taking steps to be closer to LoL was interesting.

I dont mind some updates but tower attack range is pretty gross.
    Literally the only thing that update of tower range has helped me with is one particular ward in the midlane dire side. I place it extremely close to the tower, but eer so slightly outside of it range.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is less active than RTZ's transfers.
    And then people get angry when I give them something to talk about.

/shrug

DS3 in 4 days, can't wait to see what kinds of dumb shit FromSoft let into the game now that they're a AAA dev.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Region Lock when?
    Never. It would be too efficient a solution to numerous problems, therefore Valve will never, ever do it. Also it'd probably piss some people off and screw over a bunch more.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account

So had a game as Necro, everyone goes mid and LF jungles. First 5-10 minutes 3 of the people on the team feed up about 2-4 kills each and are still suck at level 2-3. I am solo top lane, doing alright, die around twice but once I've reached 6 it went smoothly until Tinker and Axe got too fed and I got blown up in 1 global.

I guess instead of Dagon I should have gone Shivas/BKB which would have helped me survive and carry the game bit more. I guess it was lost regardless. The LF had a chance to carry it as well until he kept running in and attacking wrong targets...

Just had a game as NP, everything was great, 14min Agas, 25min Deso and 30min Mjol but 1 team wipe and we were done for (only 2 deaths). I guess I should have gone Blademail early so that the PA/Sven would have cried their lives out when training me. Also NP, only did 1.5k Tower Damage on 41min game, guess that was low too.

Och this game, really pisses me off sometimes.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Was banned during the whole EG melt down.

Screw the professional scene seriously. What a mess.

RTZ can go fuck himself that guy is a liability and egotist con-man. But EG losing Universe is massive hes such an important part of that team and the amount of plays he would make alone. Huge loss.

PPD says nothing about it. Still hasn't. Why should I care about this game at any level seriously.
    Most of the players are 15 years old inside or are literally 15 years old and the team managers refuse to step up and make them realize they aren't in their little pubs anymore.

Just kiss Dota 2 goodbye except for maybe the majors and TI and you'll probably be a lot happier. It's a game with shitty people at the top echelon of play, maintained by a shitty company that stopped being good when they had to spend all their time counting money instead of making games.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Most of the players are 15 years old inside or are literally 15 years old and the team managers refuse to step up and make them realize they aren't in their little pubs anymore.

Just kiss Dota 2 goodbye except for maybe the majors and TI and you'll probably be a lot happier. It's a game with shitty people at the top echelon of play, maintained by a shitty company that stopped being good when they had to spend all their time counting money instead of making games.
    Yeah very little pulls me back to Dota 2 these days even nostalgia. The odd game here and there and muting players that start the usual bullshit works well. Plus theres too much competition at the moment. Dark Souls 3, Unchartered 4, Ratchet n clank. Much more enjoyable games coming out this year than hanging around moba warriors.

Also about dota 2 team managers, they seem like the most pointless thing ever and are glorified assistants to make sure the players get to the event on time and their gear is ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get how people run into these problems all the god damn time.

I play unranked mostly and literally have not a problem with LC junglers. (never seen one - not once this year afaik) Very, very few times had people fight over a lane. People pick 3 cores, 2 supports mostly. Sometimes 4 cores but they're generally jungler, I'm ok with that if help with ganks.

Most of the bitching I find in my games only come from when teams lose team fights.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Its going to be weird when most of the Dota pros are younger than Dota itself. Just saying that makes me feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I don't get how people run into these problems all the god damn time.
    I don't think that they do, its cognitive bias more than anything. We tend to remember those times where that guy fed, or started flaming in chat or spent the entire game hiding in the trees drawing dicks on the minimap. Whereas we tend to forget those times where we had that awesome Dazzle in our lane who warded all the things, stacked all the camps, got you tonnes of easy farm and basically handed you that 27/1/18 score on a silver platter.

Sure, there are times when you do genuinely get someone who's just a complete arsehole in your games and is determined to ruin it for everyone else however he can. But on the whole those games are in a minority for me, and I assume they are for everyone else too. The whole "All mobas have trash communities!" thing is just a bad label that stuck, they're really no worse than MMO communities overall. Hell, you get a group thats going bad in WoW and the whole thing quickly breaks down into flaming and rage quits, its really no different than Dota in that respect.

Nah the game is pleasant, like just now i had a very nice pudge that last picked without showing what lane then said ''solo hard or feed'', then he got cliffed by magnus and proceeded tu hook our own entire team up there. Then the invoker abandoned and the game still counted even tho it was before the 5min mark.
    If i had the option to give away my mmr to ruin that guys day i would gladly do it.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    The whole "All mobas have trash communities!" thing is just a bad label that stuck, they're really no worse than MMO communities overall. Hell, you get a group thats going bad in WoW and the whole thing quickly breaks down into flaming and rage quits, its really no different than Dota in that respect.
    I had the pleasure to do some PUG raids for a few months.

While the experience is not pleasant, the comparison to DotA makes them actually look decent.

Sure, people call out others for fails / low dps in a quite rude manner, but in DotA, the tongue of so many people is quite loose when it comes to insults, some people just go for really personal insults & death threats right off the bat.

The problem is simply in WoW, you can kick someone from your group (Or just leave by yourself) if he turns out be a real asshole and just wants ruin the game experience of anyone else, but in DotA you just have to bite the pillow until it is over if you don't want to get punished yourself.

Not even mentioning the people who mainly use the chatwheel for sarcastic comments or just ping spam all day long, which is totally baffling because those things could be easily controlled and restricted by valve.

At least you can mute chat and voice now seperately, no need to listen to some dumbfuck insults through voice or some russian stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The problem is simply in WoW, you can kick someone from your group (Or just leave by yourself) if he turns out be a real asshole and just wants ruin the game experience of anyone else, but in DotA you just have to bite the pillow until it is over if you don't want to get punished yourself.
    Which is the reason that people seem to think that MMO communities are better. You can remove anyone the group as a whole dislikes, or if you're really not enjoying it, you can leave yourself. If you're being a dick, you know people have the power to remove you. If you were stuck with your pug wiping over and over, with no way to kick people and getting penalised for leaving yourself then they'd be just as bad, if not worse. Unfortunately, putting in those ways to get out of a game safely would cause more problems for Dota than it would ever solve.

If they did a better job at coaxing players to connect more I think it would overall be a lot more pleasant real fast. A major mechanic behind all this is that 98.5% of the players you see in a match are complete strangers you'll literally never meet again. It's far too easy to just be a dick or rage or whatever when these are people that basically only exist for an hour of your life, far as you're concerned.