10+ Year Old Account
    I find dota community to be really nice. Haven't seen anyone flaming his teammates in, like, 100 games.

Well, except couple of fights over picks/lanes
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

obvious icefraud died what the fuck are those aghs and those changes
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Pretty mediocre stuff happening there, few interesting scepters but that's about it.

Hordes of Jungle SK incoming with Sandstorm being 50 sec baseline.

At least that cancer Ancient Naix is delayed until lvl 11.

Some nerfs on the obvious candidates such as Spectre, Invoker & OD.

Static Field no longer disables Blink Dagger, initiating on Zeus to start to a team fight without Hood is now possible.

Aside from that, Vanguard may now become a choice on any squishy hero because you can turn into AB later on.

"Active: All attacks on the silenced target, including from allies, gain True Strike and a 1.35x critical hit" with a 5 sec duration on a 11 second cooldown
    "Passive: Causes melee attacks to attack twice in quick succession. Your double attack applies a 0.6 second 100% MS/AS slow. Has a 5 second cooldown."
    "Cost: 300 gold Passive: Reduces armor by 2 on attack."

yea great jokes icefrog

i do like the blademail change and the fact that you now can dispell veil of discord

The new Scan sounds interesting, its a safe way to see if you're about to walk into the other team without the dying and panic initiations that usually follow. As per usual, we have the obligatory random Agh's, Lich buffs, Vanguard buff and TP price cuts. But what really caught my attention was this;

Quote Originally Posted by IceFraud
    Intelligence now increases your spell damage by 1% per 16 Intelligence points.
    Pretty sure I said something like this was going to happen sooner or later. Its not a huge amount to be sure, but it sounds like it'll stack with Aether Lens effectively giving you ~12-15% spell damage increase which isn't too bad, especially if you throw in a Veil too. Though it pales in comparison to the new Echo Sabre - Double attacks on Sven or other hard melee hitters is going to be nasty.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That new orchid item is pretty amazing for natural orchid builders. Expensive, yes, but the great thing about all of those items is they are a bunch of small items that give consistent power boosts for a fairly small amount of gold. Not as much of a risk or investment to buy something that requires 3800 banked gold like a relic, or 2400 gold like a demon edge. Might see Clinkz more now, among others. No longer have to invest in a MKB against things like PA, or semi squishy heroes that rush radiance. Really annoying for example to catch an Alchemist but have a couple attacks miss during strafe, which is all he needs in order to live through the damage.

The new dragon lance/ force staff item will have interesting effects. Off the top of my head it seems really good on a hero like Drow, who wants damage, but also wants a way to disengage. The cast point being reduced on her silence also helps as well. Vanguard will likely be be built on squishy agility heroes more often now as a safer route, considering that it naturally gets built into abyssal.

Gonna see Axe a lot more now, and he's going to shred agility carries.

Have to see how the scan they added plays out, but on the surface I think it's only going to see great use in competitive play to make some good guesses while using a smoke. Less overall gold for the first little bit of the game, and more emphasis on denying ranged creeps as most of the XP has shifted to that single mob.

Mediocre on the surface, but so many changes (as per usual) that it's going to change the landscape significantly.

I think my favorite change though is ranked AP has bans now, I wish that extended to regular AP too, but whatever. Don't get me wrong, I love random draft because it helps eliminate some of the cancer of FOTM picks being instant locked in the first 2-3 picks, but it still wasn't enough, and the pitfalls of RD are having no counters present. On the flip side I hated AP because it was just instant lock the best heroes and/or 2 minutes of both teams sitting around picking nothing trying to counter pick each other frantically in the last 5 seconds. Just dumb.

The double attacks are going to be crazy on hard hitting melee, and/or those with passive bash. Return of the bash kings! Oh and I guess Terrorblade needs over 10 armor starting base, for reasons?

7+ Year Old Account
    The axe + blademail changes will make him the #1 pick/ban, without a doubt. It's absolutely broken.

Deleted
    New items and aghs everywhere the dream!

This game is a joke.

Why bananas. Why.

Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-04-25 at 11:57 PM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Gets more like LoL every patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Came here expecting total shit storm and whinging about the new "scan ability". I was wrong. Lets see what happens now that I have mentioned it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also TA with hurricane pike + blood thorn + blink GOOD LORD have mercy. Yes this requires A LOT of gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Abyssal blade is pretty dumpster item now stat wise.

Does the 1% bonus damage for int users apply to Dagon?

Yeah...Sven and PA with Echo Saber and Hurrican pikes are going to be mongoloid 1 shot RNG bursts from distance.

At least Saber isn't retarded enough to double a Jinada or some other shit like that. For now.

The thing i absolutely hate the most is, since i love playing supports, everytime i'll hit a 50min game some russian will inspect me and will give me a "why no bloodthorn?cyka blyat report"

Ah last question: will the double hit from the Saber mimicked by copies? Like i'm CK, i pop Manta, my R, Q into a 3 or 4 sec stun and then like 14AAs damage in a 0.6 sec+windup timespan?
    Last edited by Purpleisbetter; 2016-04-26 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Came here expecting total shit storm and whinging about the new "scan ability". I was wrong. Lets see what happens now that I have mentioned it.
    People are selfish enough with couriers, I just expected it to be insta used and wasted on cooldown by anyone who happens to be overextending at the time.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2016-04-26 at 03:36 AM.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    People are selfish enough with couriers, I just expected it to be insta used and wasted on cooldown by anyone who happens to be overextending at the time.
    Just played a game. We actually used it surprisingly well. We used it 5 times. The first time we used, we managed to team wipe them because of it. 2/4 other times we managed to get pick offs. So 3/5 of our scans resulted in kills. Not too bad for a first game. Also our support lion bought the tomes all game. No one seemed to care.

I played Axe with BM. Yes, it works very, very well.

- - - Updated - - -

hurricane pike doesnt seem to wrok on meele heroes. Tried SB and Sven and both times they have to run with into meele range.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't work on PA either. I know it doesn't say its ranged only (the extra +130 attack range does though), but it evidently only works on ranged heroes. Same with echo sabre not working on ranegd heroes.

- - - Updated - - -

The world isn't ending.

Echo Sabre = meele heroes only.
    Hurricane Pike = ranged heroes only.

In hindsight, I really should have just read the [?]'s.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2016-04-26 at 06:06 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Does the 1% bonus damage for int users apply to Dagon?

Yeah...Sven and PA with Echo Saber and Hurrican pikes are going to be mongoloid 1 shot RNG bursts from distance.

At least Saber isn't retarded enough to double a Jinada or some other shit like that. For now.

The thing i absolutely hate the most is, since i love playing supports, everytime i'll hit a 50min game some russian will inspect me and will give me a "why no bloodthorn?cyka blyat report"

Ah last question: will the double hit from the Saber mimicked by copies? Like i'm CK, i pop Manta, my R, Q into a 3 or 4 sec stun and then like 14AAs damage in a 0.6 sec+windup timespan?
    I don't think echo saber is going to be built on Sven because he's pretty slot starved. It's typical to go treads, helm, blink into BKB. He's an ancient/large camp stacking hero, that effectively avoids team fights for the first ~25 mins, then comes online and destroys everything. Echo saber is good, don't get me wrong but a lot of established builds aren't going to be destroyed because of it. It's biggest implication IMO is early or early mid game, and you have to think about what heroes are going to make the most use of it.

Hurricane pike seems fantastic on Drow and Sniper, as one of their biggest drawbacks are being initiated on. This gives them 900 range space, and allows them to poke damage back and in turn go for a kill, and or just use that space to possibly retreat. Especially with Drow combined with the cast point being buffed on her gale.

Some of the items have implications, but I don't think, regardless of how many items are added that it will effect build paths on the majority of heroes. A lot of them are established for a reason and while I see a few heroes building these new items, I doubt we will see them being build all the time.

Tried Clinkz 3 times tonight in around ~4k MMR group and rushed the new item that builds from orchids, won every game. Huge power spikes, but also the thing I like about the items and what they build from is that it's constant power increases overtime, instead of having to dump 1600 to 2400 gold on single items, which can be risky. The damage is pretty disgusting, and if you're going orchids first (as opposed to deso or medallion) you might as well finish bloodthorn.

Blight stone is nice, especially for supports early if you're doing an aggro type lane. Has really nice synergy with weaver early, as it does with anybody that lanes with vengeful spirit. Wind lace is cheap, provides 20 movement speed and naturally builds into drums or euuls. Furthermore you can buy another one (again cheap) after you complete euuls to have even more movement speed. The base item itself is nice though and will be nice for roaming supports.

The real winner is ranked all pick having bans though. A+

The int spell amplification really isn't that big of a deal when you look at it. Base health increased by 20, and you gain one more health per strength now. It's still a buff overall, but it's not nearly as large as people are making it out to be. It's slight nudge towards spell based characters, while your relative HP against most agility/strength heroes will be higher.

I like the changes. Even with 50 gold TPs people still don't buy them though.

I REALLY do not like this new scan function. It is essentially a risk free way of granting vision, that the enemy can do nothing about. Observer wards are great because it is usually risky to place wards in a good spot that gives you the vision you need. They can also be de-warded, which rewards good supports that can spot enemy warding patterns and predict where they will ward. There is no real way to play around the enemy scan other than the fact that you have one yourself.

Vision is very important, even more so at higher levels of play, and giving the ability to have vision of the enemy movements for no risk kind of makes the game worse, at least in my opinion. It also maybe will reduce the "uniqueness" (mental block of the right word here) of heros that provide a lot of vision such as Beastmaster or NS.

The only saving grace for me is that its a relatively long CD of 4.5 minutes (maybe could be a bit longer) and I guess there will be a high skillcap in using it most effectively. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    *snip*
    I don't think this is quite where you intended to post that

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I don't think echo saber is going to be built on Sven because he's pretty slot starved.
    -snip-
    The real winner is ranked all pick having bans though. A+
    I would have thought that Sven, and other heroes like him who hit hard but slow, would be the ideal candidates for an item like this. It effectively doubles their burst damage output in those short windows where they do reach their target. It has all the stats Str Heroes want too, decent Str, damage and a bit of Int and Mana regen thrown in too for good measure. If Illusions benefit from it, I expect it to be outright broken on CK. Its also nice for melee with built in orbs or bashes, allowing them to trigger it twice in rapid sucession, however the melee heroes with such effects are also limited in number, and they typically build attack speed to capitalise on those effects anyway making the item less appealing.

As for bans, its a start. Its not what I'd have hoped for, since it randomises which heroes do get banned in the end, but its better than nothing. It does mean that OP picks can slip through the ban phase very easy even if you do try to ban them. With every player voting for a different Hero, you can't skew the votes by putting one hero on there 5 times giving you the best chance of getting them banned. Furthermore since its only a 15 second window it doesn't give you a lot of time to work out what you want to do with your bans as a team, so its not a lot of time to communicate that you don't want anyone to ban a FOTM pick because you want to grab them yourself. I can see it leading to more frustration than effective bans, its not a very tidy method at all.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's more because Sven really doesn't become a threat until he has a blink dagger, and he like Gyro and other heroes who naturally build helms would have their farm pushed back even more by dumping basically 2k gold into echo saber. I suppose you could forgo helm and try to come online earlier for team fighting, but like a lot of melee heroes, without a BKB a properly setup team isn't going to allow him to run around hitting people. He will be snared, kited and CCd without BKB. After initiation, he really doesn't have anyway to stick to targets, and at the point in the game where you would be getting echo saber, I doubt even with the double attack that he would be able to instantly kill a target with that level of farm.

He still hits hard with his ultimate up, don't get me wrong, but he has zero ways to move effectively around a team fight without a BKB. Warcry is nice, but you're still going to get kited.