1. #21901

  2. #21902
    Man, even the chinese take swings at rtc now, lol.
    R5 3600 | Noctua NH-D14 | Asus ROG Strix B350-F | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz CL15 | Asus GTX 1060 Strix | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Seasonic M12II Evo 620W | NZXT S340-B
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I'd rather lose with Biden then try with Bernard.

  3. #21903
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Am I just missing something, or is the Dota 2 inventory still literally the worst thing ever? I just want to be able to view all my items at once, rather than by hero...maybe I'm just blind.
    UI itself is a disaster, not just inventory. The initial UI of DotA was the only option due to Warcarft III editor, and then you get same terribly-designed UI in a contemporary game. It's a sign of game designers who can't actually figure out what people like in a game. In DotA-like games, it certainly isn't the shit UI that keep players in.

    Warcraft is an RTS game with heavy RPG elements, DotA is not an RPG game. I never understood the existence of portrait frame. What is it doing there? How about the connectives between left, middle and right panels? What's the point of using unnecessary screen space? Entire in-game UI needs to be redesigned. It screams "I need modernization" to be fairly honest.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-06-01 at 07:19 PM.

  4. #21904
    I enjoy the portraits, I think the game would lose a lot of personality by getting rid of them. The decorative connections aren't necessary, per se, but the ability/items/maps would look stupid without them in my opinion. I assume you're comparing DotA to LoL in your head, which has already taken these steps to "modernize," and I, personally, absolutely hate LoL's UI and much much prefer Dota2's any day of the week. This new trend toward minimalism is absolutely loathsome if you ask me.

  5. #21905
    LoL is just a bandaid. They completely need to re-design the UI. I may skech some stuff tomorrow if I feel like it and share here perhaps. Minimalism is best thing happened to all kinds of design, not just UI.

    By the way, can you give me some good match ups in pro scene recently? I want to watch some quality games.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-06-01 at 11:10 PM.

  6. #21906
    Hmmm...have there been any quality games recently? I feel like since the last team shuffle pro dota has been pretty terrible in general...the Epicenter final between Liquid and Newbee was okay but the rest of that tournament was pretty meh. Luckily the major starts this week.

  7. #21907
    Deleted
    Secret with RTZ and Universe is like Real Madrid without Makelele. The team has a metric ton of talent and absolutely zero balance.

  8. #21908
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Secret with RTZ and Universe is like Real Madrid without Makelele. The team has a metric ton of talent and absolutely zero balance.
    I feel more like the patch doesn't favour ANY of their players playstyle, super agressive 5man yoloing constantly that is, they are just too ''efficient'' and greedy.

  9. #21909
    Deleted
    They aren't really efficient, though, at least not in the sense that I would use the word, which is in a meaning akin to "capable of maximizing what they get out of the map whilst simultaneously dying as rarely as is at all possible."

    Being efficient in this sense was to me the hallmark of EG for a very long time, and to some extent still is. Even in extremely difficult game states (no outer towers, more-or-less complete loss of vision control) they'd manage to eke farm out of the map without dying - not necessarily a lot of farm on all of their heroes, but enough farm on critical heroes to win.

    Secret doesn't do this. Secret want farm on all of their heroes, and in a lot of games what this means is that instead of say, EE and Universe simply aiming for less overall networth so RTZ (who for the sake of the argument we'll assume is playing a hero whose total net worth is more success-critical than EE's or Universe's) can farm the safe areas of the map, one hero will be farming safe areas of the map, and several other heroes will be farming areas of the map that by the internal logic of a pro game are inherently unsafe, and they'll then essentially cross their fingers and pray to God that they don't get punished for this.

    Secret are, in fact, to me, the exact opposite of efficient - but they are indeed, as you say, extraordinarily greedy. They're willing to take risks which in general are not truly well-calculated due to (at least as it seems to me) a deeply-held belief about how DotA should be played, much like some football clubs will sometimes consign themselves to relegation almost on principle by attempting to play a style they simply do not have the material for. In this case, of course, it is more a question of the metagame not favouring the way they believe DotA should be played than it's a question of lacking talent, but the point still stands.

    Secret are not efficient.

  10. #21910
    Yeah meant their playstyle would be considered efficient in the previous patches, now its just bad.
    They changed their playstyle to fit the current meta in the 2nd game vs Wings and actually won quite convincingly, then they reverted kinda back to the old one and lost in basically one push even tho their early game went well. 4 core lineups just don't work atm, which was what secret excelled at.
    I personally despise this meta and its braindead constant 5manning around the map it makes the game so one-dimensional, reminds me too much of HotS where your only option is to do that one specific objective that poped up, no split pushing,deathballing etc.

  11. #21911

  12. #21912
    Doesn't coL know it's their chance to take over NA dota, what are they doing

  13. #21913

  14. #21914
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    I feel more like the patch doesn't favour ANY of their players playstyle, super agressive 5man yoloing constantly that is, they are just too ''efficient'' and greedy.
    I never considered Secret to be super aggressive. They often win the games without making any mistakes or cleverly out drafting the opponent. Their captan also likes to take draft risks. What I would call super aggressive is TI I and I Na'Vi.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just watched Secret vs. NaVi first game, I mean Arteezy failed so hard. Although Team Secret players were all over the place, playing without coordination, Arteezy managed to do more than that, he simply failed to hit every single skillshot he used. I think his build was also wrong. He should've gone for Euls, or tornado - meatball build.

  15. #21915
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    14,822
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    RTZ, always the bridesmaid never the bride.
    No sympathy for him. He's a cunt and it's always good to see karma do its job.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

  16. #21916
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    No sympathy for him. He's a cunt and it's always good to see karma do its job.
    It's always a feeling of schadenfreude whenever RTZ and/or Sumail get torn down.

  17. #21917
    So apperantly RIOT CEO released icefrog name on reddit, which was shortly taken down and all treads showing it are being taken down and users banned. Who is it? xD

  18. #21918
    Legendary! llDemonll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    So apperantly RIOT CEO released icefrog name on reddit, which was shortly taken down and all treads showing it are being taken down and users banned. Who is it? xD
    It doesn't matter who it is. He doesn't want to be known for good reason.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

  19. #21919
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    So apperantly RIOT CEO released icefrog name on reddit, which was shortly taken down and all treads showing it are being taken down and users banned. Who is it? xD
    If that's true, they're a dick then.

    Like, there's no reason to do that if they know he doesn't want to be known.

  20. #21920
    his name was in the credits for the free to play movie that's available through steam, it's not really newsworthy at all

    riot ceo being a shitty person defending pendragon isn't that surprising either. dumbass corporation making dumbass decisions employing dumbass people.

    i can absolutely sympathize with icefrog's wish to keep his name/personal life away from his dota fame, and anyone doxing him at this point in time is a) super late and b) a shitbag person

    e: just briefly read through tryndamere's reddit comment history, he seems to be either ill-informed about dota-allstars or delusional
    Last edited by Longview; 2016-06-07 at 12:06 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •