Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    she's a girl, dont be logical on her
    ...Isn't that a bit rich from someone who was trying to fight prejudice and discrimination a few pages ago?

she's a girl, dont be logical on her
    Please don't turn this thread into clown posts. If you'd like to see Curse getting involved with Dota 2 (more than providing partnership to a few youtubers and hosting the servers of the dota2wiki), this type of talk just ruins any potential growth. I'd love to see a subforum dedicated to the game on these forums (we'd just need a few hundred more pages in this thread surely!). Seeing how Curse has three(?) LoL fansites and no Dota fansites, I'd love them to get more involved personally.
    Last edited by Longview; 2012-12-11 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Please don't turn this thread into clown posts.
    I think you're 4200 posts too late for that

Please don't turn this thread into clown posts. If you'd like to see Curse getting involved with Dota 2 (more than providing partnership to a few youtubers and hosting the servers of the dota2wiki), this type of talk just ruins any potential growth. I'd love to see a subforum dedicated to the game on these forums (we'd just need a few hundred more pages in this thread surely!). Seeing how Curse has three(?) LoL fansites and no Dota fansites, I'd love them to get more involved personally.
    I really doubt the content of posts is a factor when it comes to creating a new sub-forum. It's all about how big player base is.

And chill, the game is not even officially out yet. I'm pretty sure they will consider it when the game is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I really doubt the content of posts is a factor when it comes to creating a new sub-forum. It's all about how big player base is.

And chill, the game is not even officially out yet. I'm pretty sure they will consider it when the game is released.
    Well it was released as Valve released the Valve Pack through Steam. Server capacity can't handle the load though, hence invite-only until they can. I suppose it'd make sense for Curse to pay more attention once it goes F2P. Hell, they even had five LoL players sit in Netcurse's apartment and stream around the clock. That's dedication, coming from the CEO of a major gaming company like Curse.

You're pretty much spot on in your first sentence, but posting unrelated shit about girls somehow cannot into logic certainly does not help.
    Last edited by Longview; 2012-12-11 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    ...Isn't that a bit rich from someone who was trying to fight prejudice and discrimination a few pages ago?
    was trying to cool off the tensions with a silly wit, eh

Please don't turn this thread into clown posts.
    I am fairly certain there is a thick line between clownade and fun

posting unrelated shit about girls somehow cannot into logic certainly does not help.
    eh..
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2012-12-11 at 11:52 PM.

was trying to cool off the tensions with a silly wit, eh
    I'm not aware of any tension, I was just pointing out that it does come across a bit hypocritical if you're fighting against one type of prejudice while reinforcing another. Whether it's it's for raging or 'joking' doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I'm not aware of any tension, I was just pointing out that it does come across a bit hypocritical if you're fighting against one type of prejudice while reinforcing another. Whether it's it's for raging or 'joking' doesn't matter.
    according to my book, when you're joking, you are not being serious about what're you joking, so no, it does matter)

Do we even need a subforum for dota? When I look over to LoL, its pretty much only the megathread that gets a lot of discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Do we even need a subforum for dota? When I look over to LoL, its pretty much only the megathread that gets a lot of discussion.
    It'd be easier to have actual discussions as they tend to die out quickly when all kept inside of one thread. Very few posters here seem to have any interest in the professional scene, for example. I've tried bringing up recent games - but to no avail. Since there is not enough people to warrant an entire subforum, I guess we really do not. At least for the time being.

sorry come again?
    Notice the word "really" in both of the bottom quotes, as in, almost completely but not quite. Most of the mistakes I make I'm aware of while I'm making them. I know I'm not the only one, I've seen Hermanni post the same problem before. Sitting bot and 3 people went MIA, you know they're coming for you in the back of your head but you're so lazy/arrogant/greedy to leave lane or hide and let yourself get ganked. The other day I knew Magnus was coming behind me in the forest to charge me into his mid tower but I let him do it, actually let him do it so that I could kill him. I didn't count on Wolf running up with double damage and killing me before I could get out of tower range so Magnus traded a support death for a carry...my bad. Greed is good!

Bad games are rare because DotA is just a recipe for me at this point. If my lane sucks I'll go roam or jungle, in the end, it's usually me getting mad and giving up that results in a bad game and I'm not very emotional. Out of my 1300 something games of DotA2 I can remember like three games that I would consider bad.

And I wouldn't worry too much about the professional scene, DotA is still a really small community and I'm sure if Valve goes on a gigantic advertising campaign things will pick up.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-12-12 at 04:27 AM.

It'd be easier to have actual discussions as they tend to die out quickly when all kept inside of one thread. Very few posters here seem to have any interest in the professional scene, for example. I've tried bringing up recent games - but to no avail. Since there is not enough people to warrant an entire subforum, I guess we really do not. At least for the time being.
    Are you sure? I swear it was around 200 pages that LoL was given its own subforum. Though, LoL itself is most likely a bit easier to pick up and play, resulting in an easier rise in fanbase, that doesn't mean DotA couldn't prosper here.

On another note, Shadow Demon outside of a solo lane, yay or nay? Wanted to get some games in with him, but don't really feel like putting on my tryhard pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    On another note, Shadow Demon outside of a solo lane, yay or nay? Wanted to get some games in with him, but don't really feel like putting on my tryhard pants.
    awesome dual laner with lesh or kunkka
    you dont need items and levels to be effective

use disruption to setup kills and ganks
    soul catcher damage amplification is just amazing
    you cant spam poison but take 1 rank for scouting

good support imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    New champion/feature gets released, it gets its own thread with 2-3 pages of speculation and 5-7 pages of "discussion" (I just tried X and went 5/2/1 this is so awesome)
    "Help me I can't do X." thread, gets 5-6 pages

Also, there's barely ever any discussion in the megathread, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I really don't see why you'd solo lane him when disruption is such a good setup spell.

well here goes my 12-in-a-round-loss streak.
    blood.
    blood for the blood god.

well here goes my 12-in-a-round-loss streak.
    blood.
    blood for the blood god.
    How did you manage to lose 12 games in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    How did you manage to lose 12 games in a row?
    it is a sacred and secret art, long forgotten.

jk, I'm just having a ball with all kinds of retards on my team, and Na'Vi plays against me every single time, I swear!

Pick Drow and you will win.

lol just had a game, with a pretty bad drow and wd, and they had a DK who was farmed.. so much he went mjolnir -> rapier, we were on the back foot the entire game, they were pushing in with aegis on dk, and somehow I turned the game around by stealing pudges hook, hooking dk into the fountain twice, stealing the rapier (for myself because I didn't trust our drow, and our SF and Naga were not around) and from that point on, didn't die, managed to turn the game upside down.

So funny, turned from everyone saying "gg" 20 minutes before the game ended, to people lolling as we are on their fountain destroying it with the same rapier DK was trying to seal the deal with us before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    awesome dual laner with lesh or kunkka
    you dont need items and levels to be effective

use disruption to setup kills and ganks
    soul catcher damage amplification is just amazing
    you cant spam poison but take 1 rank for scouting

good support imo
    I did read about that, him being fairly item independent like venge, and maxing disruption/soul catcher over poison in a supporting position.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    I really don't see why you'd solo lane him when disruption is such a good setup spell.
    I simply assumed, all the feedback I've heard from him is "One of the best solo lanes in the game".