Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    inb4 Hermanni creaming his pants.
    I'm not particularly thrilled, considering Medusa has been "confirmed" for the last 5 or 6 weeks and it looks like she's getting some kind of overhaul which I'm not too sure I'll like.

The Bastion announcer looks great though, it seems to have almost 700 lines including reactions to chat messages like cursing, "noob", "glhf" and comments about every hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    I'm not particularly thrilled, considering Medusa has been "confirmed" for the last 5 or 6 weeks and it looks like she's getting some kind of overhaul which I'm not too sure I'll like.

The Bastion announcer looks great though, it seems to have almost 700 lines including reactions to chat messages like cursing, "noob", "glhf" and comments about every hero.
    Shit, I thought the Bastion announcer was just a joke. Did the people that made Bastion make an announcer pack through the workshop with him or something?

And why would they overhaul Medusa? Granted it's been a long goddamn time since I played War3 Dota but she seemed to be well-equipped last time I did play her.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

@pizza
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRF5by5r8ZE&
    im on my phone so i hope its right game
    lgd vs ehome

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Shit, I thought the Bastion announcer was just a joke. Did the people that made Bastion make an announcer pack through the workshop with him or something?

And why would they overhaul Medusa? Granted it's been a long goddamn time since I played War3 Dota but she seemed to be well-equipped last time I did play her.
    It was posted in reddit a while ago by a Supergiant employee that Logan Cunningham is working with Valve to make that announcer.

About Medusa, the reason some dread her return is because back in the day the 4-protect-1 strategy was successfully played by some Chinese teams and was considered boring by many, and people think she might turn more games into boring farmfests. Because IF has been making chances to discourage players from constantly using very late game strategies for quite a long time now, it's been kind of expected that Medusa would be changed slightly to make her more effective in the earlier stages of the game and perhaps slightly less so in the late-game. I don't really have a huge problem this in general, but I kind of wanted Medusa to remain unchanged.

Also, for people that might still think that "Chinese dota is boring", this piece by sun_tzu covers the topic quite well: http://www.joindota.com/en/news/5433...-misconception
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2012-12-14 at 09:51 AM.

they better not change Duzzie, she's fine as is <,<
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2012-12-14 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    He couldn't cast spells during Skewer in DotA, thus making it a bug. Much like the Undying fixes in this patch, nd the Admiral Shadow Blade nerf to Tidebringer. At least that's my understanding of it, I don't know.
    Yes, but bugs don't tend to get noticed and fixed immediately on heroes who aren't performing extremely well.

About Medusa, the reason some dread her return is because back in the day the 4-protect-1 strategy was successfully played by some Chinese teams and was considered boring by many, and people think she might turn more games into boring farmfests. Because IF has been making chances to discourage players from constantly using very late game strategies for quite a long time now, it's been kind of expected that Medusa would be changed slightly to make her more effective in the earlier stages of the game and perhaps slightly less so in the late-game. I don't really have a huge problem this in general, but I kind of wanted Medusa to remain unchanged.
    Back in dota-league times, my friend played 100% medusa always going stats/manashield with rapier first and won like 9/10 of his games relatively solo >< I can't say that it wasn't interesting to try that out but if she comes out and this shit is possible unless 3 heroes gank her 24/7 then I'd rather not have her in the pool.

Btw what's with adding newer heroes over the likes of troll or terrorblade?

credits: Supernerd

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Back in dota-league times, my friend played 100% medusa always going stats/manashield with rapier first and won like 9/10 of his games relatively solo
    interesting, did he go mystic snake at all or just pure stats+manashield?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Btw what's with adding newer heroes over the likes of troll or terrorblade?
    Or any of the other strength heroes likes LoA or TC? Good question.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Or any of the other strength heroes likes LoA or TC? Good question.
    According to the leaks some time ago, Abaddon will be the last hero overall to be added. Not sure how legit this leak was but if that's true then I honestly don't know what gives.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    interesting, did he go mystic snake at all or just pure stats+manashield?
    There wasn't snake yet. Ancient chain lightning times But yeah, stats + manashield only and farm all day.

credits: Supernerd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    Phaha this is awesome Thanks for the laughs ^^

Also what is up with a lot of the community being so aggressive in Dota 2?
    I don't know about others but seriously, the lack of EU[English] servers is making me one
    raging individual. I'm probably going to get banned at some point for going over the top
    after 7 game lose streak without a single line of English in the chat.

I guess I'll try playing on US east. I really hope valve will bring out English only servers
    tho.

stuff
    I am just going to say, you indeed missed the lecture of statistical significance. I suggest you to go check it. I didn't make a calculation to find the required sample size and significance of samples as it would take a little time and I won't even bother but I am pretty sure with amount of variables involved, there is no way those statistics results in "confident" way and even if you do it, you just can't measure skill so there will be always randomness(explained below) involved decreasing the meaning of data. You are free not to believe me, in that case find a source and enlighten yourself.

I ignored sackman's post because it was repeating same drill: linking win rate. I wasn't saying those statistics are useless. I said winrate, alone, means nothing...NOTHING. You could compare different statistics, kill/death ratio for example or other statistics and conclude some more meaningful results(I really doubt anyone in here is capable if deriving useful data from those parses) but everybody in here linking win rates and you are telling me I should accept them as facts? Linking win rates will not make any argument more stronger in my eyes and I will keep repeating it. Also don't forget, DotA 2 is not a stable game means bugs, malfunctions affecting the game results.

The problem of people(this includes you as well) in this thread, You guys don't read posts I believe or mostly too lazy to be arsed go back few pages and find org. discussion. Instead, jump in the middle of discussion. Since you are agreeing with me that win rates alone means very little then what are you struggling for? I don't understand why you kept arguing. I think you have a problem with arguments as I admit that post of mine was lacking explanation why win rate statistics are not applicable but I explained that later and yet you kept arguing. Called it lingo. I highly suggest reading statistical significance and you will understand you don't even need a calculation to understand win rates are random. I am going to explain what I mean with random. Random, in dota environment, means there are other variables that are effecting win rate but since you do not count them, instead, you only keep one hero constant, you can't know what exactly effected the result(win or lose) so you call it random. I am fairly certain you linking win rates is more of an opinion than me explaining why it can't be considered meaningful data based on statistical theory. Back to the "not reading posts" part I should add that whenever I say something, winrates are meaningless for example, someone assaults me with

"OMG HOW THE HELL YOU CAN SAY STATISTICS ARE USELESS" and link me more fucking win rates(sackman--that's why I ignored his post to avoid writing this ->). It's as hilarious as it gets

I never said what people are accused me of. I just said, winrates alone mean nothing(me repeating 999th time this, guess why?). If you read my post history, you will find bunch of posts starting with

I never said bla bla. I just said bla bla.

To your "me making no rational point". This is a pretty common syndrome on Internet; You are always right, rest is always wrong. I hardly ever see you agree with someone. It also amuses me that you always find other people's opinion as facepalm material and when they answer you back with your tone, it's insult.

I made a little calculation:

Assuming you have 100 different heroes excluding constant hero and 20 different skill levels(not even counting the amount of knowledge of DotA that players know, since dotabuff include pubs as well its highly possible that players do not know every singe mechanic, spell etc.), you need ~100^180(actually it's kinda less than that but I couldn't be arsed to be precise) matches to ensure all possibilities are involved in game. Than when you divide sample size into groups, compare results to find significance level indicating(It will indicate) it's not by chance and then you can consider using data. Idea behind: This way ensures all possibilities are played meaning some games are won by skill but at the same time same amount of games are lost by skill, equalizing the effect of other variables by bruteforcing. Same goes for heroes. Some games are won because of existence of a particular hero(not constant one), same amount of lost are caused by again same hero. Do you got this big sample size? Of course this is applicable only if there is only 20 levels of skill. Since dotabuff is using a waaaay more smaller sample size and when you calculate significance of statistics, you will see that win rates are by chance.

ps: I was referring to Lycoris or however it's spelled as super-duper forum friend of Lysah. He tries to insult me without getting banned. I find it hilarious tho. Anyway, that post wasn't directed to you. Also the "I don't give a flying care" part was referring to I don't care if people insult me or not on Interwebz.
    ---------------------------------
    My top 3 fav heroes.

Invoker: Very versatile.
    Warlock: I like his ultimate
    Spectre: I really like getting in action at top lane while doing some other thing in bottom lane.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-14 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there everything,
    A few friends of mine have been playing DotA2 for a while and we really want to get some propper players to play with.
    We are around 4 irls mate that just find it so frustrating when someone from our team either QQ and start flaming us for no reason or just rage quit.
    We've been trying to find players and see if there was "guilds" like in WoW so you didn't have to brother with these kids and could play with some marture people.

So if you wanna play with some mature people from 19 to 30 then please send a PM to me. You don't really have to be super good at the game as we don't consider ours elite but just play the game to have a good time. (We play on EU server)
    Our current setup which we run mostly is Riki, Huskar, OmniKnight and Keeper of the Light.

Thank you and we're looking forward to seeing you.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Hey there everything,
    A few friends of mine have been playing DotA2 for a while and we really want to get some propper players to play with.
    We are around 4 irls mate that just find it so frustrating when someone from our team either QQ and start flaming us for no reason or just rage quit.
    We've been trying to find players and see if there was "guilds" like in WoW so you didn't have to brother with these kids and could play with some marture people.

So if you wanna play with some mature people from 19 to 30 then please send a PM to me. You don't really have to be super good at the game as we don't consider ours elite but just play the game to have a good time. (We play on EU server)
    Our current setup which we run mostly is Riki, Huskar, OmniKnight and Keeper of the Light.

Thank you and we're looking forward to seeing you.
    edit: must have missed pm part.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-14 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    So uhh, I did some testing with Shadowblade on Kunkka and uhh.

(All numbers are with me hitting a Sven, I'm obviously not hitting the Lina herself, I'm not that dumb)
    (Also are numbers are from full hp with 1 hit, -refresh command is op)
    Tidebringer hit takes Lina to 975/1176 HP
    Tidebringer crit takes Lina to 827/1176 HP
    Lothars Tidebringer hit takes Lina to 821/1176 HP
    Lothars Tidebringer crit takes Lina to 620/1176 HP

I'm not sure if this just means they messed up or it's not on live yet (The notes did say something about fixing crit with shadow blade though)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    So uhh, I did some testing with Shadowblade on Kunkka and uhh.

(All numbers are with me hitting a Sven, I'm obviously not hitting the Lina herself, I'm not that dumb)
    (Also are numbers are from full hp with 1 hit, -refresh command is op)
    Tidebringer hit takes Lina to 975/1176 HP
    Tidebringer crit takes Lina to 827/1176 HP
    Lothars Tidebringer hit takes Lina to 821/1176 HP
    Lothars Tidebringer crit takes Lina to 620/1176 HP

I'm not sure if this just means they messed up or it's not on live yet (The notes did say something about fixing crit with shadow blade though)
    Maybe Tidebringer doesn't count as a "cleave"? It works quite differently to the cleaves that Sven, Magnus and Battlefury get.

this is what i just got
    looks like lothar bonus dmg is applied but it does not crit
    or im reading numbers wrong?

non lothar non crit
    [03:42.85] Kunkka hits Anti-Mage with Tidebringer for 316 damage (1442->1126).
    [03:42.85] Kunkka hits Doom Bringer for 239 damage (2467->2228).

lothar non crit
    [04:35.42] Kunkka hits Anti-Mage with Tidebringer for 467 damage (1442->975).
    [04:35.42] Kunkka loses Shadow Walk buff.
    [04:35.42] Kunkka hits Doom Bringer for 354 damage (2467->2113).

non lothar crit
    [05:31.67] Kunkka hits Anti-Mage with Tidebringer for 866 damage (1441->575).
    [05:31.67] Kunkka hits Doom Bringer for 658 damage (2468->1810).

lothar crit
    [06:27.89] Kunkka receives Shadow Walk buff from Kunkka.
    [06:29.69] Kunkka hits Anti-Mage with Tidebringer for 1014 damage (1442->428).
    [06:29.69] Kunkka loses Shadow Walk buff.
    [06:29.69] Kunkka hits Doom Bringer for 770 damage (2468->1698).
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-12-14 at 07:06 PM.

Kunkas cleave is suposed to work with lothars/SB and it was fied in test patch 2 or 3. Not with crits iirc.

Deleted
    Okay so Lothars bonus damage can't crit anymore and regular cleaves (like Sven's, I just tried it) no longer splash it but it still works with Tidebringer. Great, that's all I really wanted to know. Update notes were really ambiguous as to what "fixing Tidebringer's interaction with Shadow Blade" actually meant.

Can they please just ban cyrillic writing on non russia server, it gets really annoying.