i wonder if split shot still allows to dodge stuns/projectiles
    iirc it was nerfed on troll warlord in dota 1 but not on dusa maybe because of engine limitations?

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    i wonder if split shot still allows to dodge stuns/projectiles
    iirc it was nerfed on troll warlord in dota 1 but not on dusa maybe because of engine limitations?
    DotaCinema video says this is still true. They did not show it, though.

Deleted
    Finally she is here! I have been waiting so long! I love medusa

I wonder how much she'll actually get picked. It doesn't get much more hyper than Medusa.

Knowing just about nothing regarding the tournament scene, wasn't she picked a lot from Chinese teams? As for pubs, I doubt very much, I believe she needs a long game, to carry in the late late game, which rarely happens in pubs.

Duzzie, yeah :P
    my lovely lovely queen of beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Knowing just about nothing regarding the tournament scene, wasn't she picked a lot from Chinese teams? As for pubs, I doubt very much, I believe she needs a long game, to carry in the late late game, which rarely happens in pubs.
    Go mid, snake spam enemy out of lane, mass farm, mana shield when ganked and walk away. Use courier to send in items like Linken's, Manta, until you can attack ground at their fountain and go afk to win.

Like I said, she's about as hypercarry as it gets. Unlike a hero like Drow, she will become absolutely impossible to kill. She might not have the same single target damage, but in a team fight split shot can certainly compete when she's hitting 4 or 5 heroes at once. Her ult/mana shield make her hard to gank even at low level. Unfortunately, she has no attack modifier other than split shot, which makes her garbage against someone with sustain ability (jugg). She will win simply by outfarming him and outlasting him in a fight, but that's not really how people are playing DotA2 right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I played medusa she still had the chain lighting and I believe her ulti was just a single target
    purge. Never been a fan, kinda "turretish" hero, flat out boring :/

The new medusa seems a lot stronger, hopefully she won't be in every single game for the next 2 weeks
    as 60+ minute farm fests are not really my thing.

Medusa is a lot weaker than she used to be, she was "OP" for a while in DotA. She certainly builds a new style of team (team being centered around the carry instead of carry centered around the team).

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see they're back to adding heroes in.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Medusa is a lot weaker than she used to be, she was "OP" for a while in DotA. She certainly builds a new style of team (team being centered around the carry instead of carry centered around the team).
    If i remember, the Snake had lot of cast range on DotA.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    If i remember, the Snake had lot of cast range on DotA.
    It's decent but it's real slow.

Go mid, snake spam enemy out of lane, mass farm, mana shield when ganked and walk away. Use courier to send in items like Linken's, Manta, until you can attack ground at their fountain and go afk to win.

Like I said, she's about as hypercarry as it gets. Unlike a hero like Drow, she will become absolutely impossible to kill. She might not have the same single target damage, but in a team fight split shot can certainly compete when she's hitting 4 or 5 heroes at once. Her ult/mana shield make her hard to gank even at low level. Unfortunately, she has no attack modifier other than split shot, which makes her garbage against someone with sustain ability (jugg). She will win simply by outfarming him and outlasting him in a fight, but that's not really how people are playing DotA2 right now.
    I'd think between her low health pool, and little mobility, she'd be fairly easy to gank even with her shield. And speaking of that, wouldn't heroes like PL and Naga crush her with Diffusal Blade? Granted, her split shot would be able to get rid of illusions fairly easily, but with any sort of disable, her mana would be toast in seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I'd think between her low health pool, and little mobility, she'd be fairly easy to gank even with her shield. And speaking of that, wouldn't heroes like PL and Naga crush her with Diffusal Blade? Granted, her split shot would be able to get rid of illusions fairly easily, but with any sort of disable, her mana would be toast in seconds.
    Anti-Mage? OD?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

It's decent but it's real slow.
    but is it unescapable/undodgeable?
    afair, it travels all the way along even if you blink away.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    but is it unescapable/undodgeable?
    afair, it travels all the way along even if you blink away.
    If it's already going after you. If she launches it at creeps you just back up for a second. If she launches it at you it does like 200 damage and is fairly ignorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    DotaCinema video says this is still true. They did not show it, though.
    awesome
    i cant last hit for shit so i wont be playing her but nice to see it is still there
    shame warlord was nerfed ;c

10+ Year Old Account
    Any idea if Tiny's passive would proc while he's stuck in a Chronosphere?

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Any idea if Tiny's passive would proc while he's stuck in a Chronosphere?
    all kinds of passive/active dodges/evasions afaik work in chronosphere, I see no reason for Tiny's passive not to proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    all kinds of passive/active dodges/evasions afaik work in chronosphere, I see no reason for Tiny's passive not to proc.
    So Tiny could conceivably kick the shit out of Void?

Tiny best carry 2013.