Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    it means that my teammates, f.e. Rubick, had kill\death ratio of 2 kills to 9 deaths, etc.
    Oh right, thank makes sense. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    I think the whole way Dota is balanced can be summed up as "Unfair, but balanced"
    Pretty much. I personally think there are several examples of poor/amateur game design that should be addressed, but I guess if it's not completely broken, it doesn't necessarily need fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    well, dunno.
    they farmed my teammates pretty good tho.
    by the end of the game omni had something like 2\9, rubick - 3\9, phantom lancer 6\8 and traxex - 4\9 or such.
    Perhaps it was their mistake, didnt gank me at all, or I was pretty illusive, heh.
    It's hard to get a good KDA as Omni without playing as a semi-carry or stealing kills. Repel doesn't give you an assist even if it was why the kill happened, and a lot of times I use phase boots and aura to secure a kill without hitting someone (instead constantly bodyblocking them, not having time for an attack animation.) I mean, you still get the assist gold for being present, but it's frustrating to play a really good game as Omni and your scorecard says, like, 1/4/6 when you were present for three times that many kills.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    So how come this game is about 28 euros in the steam store, and many people including me get bombarded with free gifts to give away? Kinda crazy checked my mail today and it said you got spare copies to give away. When i check my inventory i got about 23 copies in there? Wtf is up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    So how come this game is about 28 euros in the steam store, and many people including me get bombarded with free gifts to give away? Kinda crazy checked my mail today and it said you got spare copies to give away. When i check my inventory i got about 23 copies in there? Wtf is up with that?
    You pay for the items, not the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get a copy of dota 2 for 0.01$ at community store
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    and why would anyone buy a copy? Cause i can't imagine i am the only 1 that got 23 copies.

10+ Year Old Account
    and why would anyone buy a copy? Cause i can't imagine i am the only 1 that got 23 copies.
    I've send all my copies to friends, no problems with it. This is beta for god sake, as soon as they are ready to end beta, the game will be FTP (as they already mentioned), and people buy dota 2 from steam store for items it comes with.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Well, it's for anyone who doesn't know where to go for free or almost free copies, but mostly for anyone wanting to support the game because it's going to be (and it pretty much already is) free to play without any pay-to-win elements which means the only revenue stream for Valve from Dota 2 are the cosmetics and whatnot, and part of the money from the item sales go to their creators or pro teams too. And on top of developing the game Valve also tend to do put a lot of effort into some community stuff like The Internationals which are also free to watch in 1080p streams or DotaTV.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-02-09 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Well, it's for anyone who doesn't know where to go for free or almost free copies, but mostly for anyone wanting to support the game because it's going to be (and it pretty much already is) free to play without any pay-to-win elements which means the only revenue stream for Valve from Dota 2 are the cosmetics and whatnot, and part of the money from the item sales go to their creators or pro teams too. And on top of developing the game Valve also tend to do put a lot of effort into some community stuff like The Internationals which are also free to watch in 1080p streams or DotaTV.
    Yup. Valve is eSports done right.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 12:50 PM ----------

God, fuck Lycan. Still has one of the most stupidly broken ultimates in the game. I guess it's still nowhere near as bad as Drow's or as versatile as Doom, though.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Cooldown is nice, but his damage still comes up short compared to real carries, it seems. Even with unstoppable 522 he's surprisingly easy to kite because his attack animation is so poor. Wolf is only good because he can farm and bloom earlier than other strength heroes but I'd still prefer N'aix on my team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Cooldown is nice, but his damage still comes up short compared to real carries, it seems. Even with unstoppable 522 he's surprisingly easy to kite because his attack animation is so poor. Wolf is only good because he can farm and bloom earlier than other strength heroes but I'd still prefer N'aix on my team.
    It's the cooldown combined with the unkiteable thing that frustrates me with it. He won't shred you in a few hits like Naix will, but you are simply not going to get that little motherfucker off your ass until the ulti ends. Even sheeping him doesn't work because fuck logic.

Lost a really good game where we were utterly outplaying the enemy team because eventually their team of carries got their BKBs and bashers and we had to play completely flawlessly to win, while they could just run around with their dicks in their hands and basically autowin. I call that awful game design, but whatever.

It was funny as fuck killing stacked Naix, Slardar, and Lycan as Tinker with Orchid and sheepstick though. God, that Lycan was so fucking bad... didn't matter once he got that basher, though - if I'm out of position by even a hair, I'm dead.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I call that awful game design, but whatever.
    I call that awful play and beyond awful excuse, but whatever.

edit: Actually didn't even read thoroughly enough to see you played Tinker... imagine if there was a 1600 gold item that would let you ignore Lycan infinitely and even safely TP out because the immunity wouldn't even break when using BoTs as opposed to normal TP scrolls. That would be just sick.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-02-09 at 08:11 PM.

It's the cooldown combined with the unkiteable thing that frustrates me with it. He won't shred you in a few hits like Naix will, but you are simply not going to get that little motherfucker off your ass until the ulti ends. Even sheeping him doesn't work because fuck logic.
    Int heroes can't let strength heroes farm. Power progression through the game goes intelligence > agility > strength, in general, of course including strength/agility supports in the first group and carry heroes like OD in the second or even third.

10+ Year Old Account

Lost a really good game where we were utterly outplaying the enemy team because eventually their team of carries got their BKBs and bashers and we had to play completely flawlessly to win, while they could just run around with their dicks in their hands and basically autowin. I call that awful game design, but whatever.

It was funny as fuck killing stacked Naix, Slardar, and Lycan as Tinker with Orchid and sheepstick though. God, that Lycan was so fucking bad... didn't matter once he got that basher, though - if I'm out of position by even a hair, I'm dead.
    I remember playing Dazzle with Slardar on my team. I just wanted to say, that Slardars ult + Dazzles ult + Medallion melts away anyone. Our sniper literally one shotted (lesser crit) anyone who had this combination of debuffs.

And as nuke character as tinker, you should blow the shit out of carry characters to delay their good items, and if your carry farms at normal speed you will win the game in 40 minutes, if your carry sucked at farming (or you let enemy carry to farm) then you are going to lose in 40 minutes.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-02-09 at 08:17 PM.

You were dumb enough to not push their towers and halt their farm in min 15. If you let a team with full caries farm, they will punish you. You should have dominate all lanes, and harass Lycan's jungle(which is pretty easy to do so). Don't blame developers for your bad play. Also you weren't outplaying them, you were using enemy teams disadvantage at early game. Actually, you failed to use it.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2013-02-09 at 09:41 PM.

I have Vintage Timebreaker sitting in my inventory collecting dust and since I don't really play Void, I've been thinking of trading it around. Not sure what would be the "fair" price for it. Since I'm only interested in other items, I reckon some cool mythical is baseline but just 1:1 mythical vs Vintage TB sounds like a fail on my part. Anyone knows what could I bargain for it?

credits: Supernerd

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    I have Vintage Timebreaker sitting in my inventory collecting dust and since I don't really play Void, I've been thinking of trading it around. Not sure what would be the "fair" price for it. Since I'm only interested in other items, I reckon some cool mythical is baseline but just 1:1 mythical vs Vintage TB sounds like a fail on my part. Anyone knows what could I bargain for it?
    a lot of keys ?

25~ keys more less

Timebreaker is worth at least a dozen keys as far as I know. Check out r/dota2trade and whatever trading sites there are, and generally if you think you have something more valuable than normal items do a tiny bit of research before trading or you will get scammed/sharked before you know it. I've looked for trades outside of my friends twice, and both times I had someone add me and try to get me to trade away what I knew to be some of my more valuable items (including my Timebreaker) for a lot less than they're worth.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-02-09 at 10:23 PM.

They have 3 melee against a supposedly dominating Tinker by you and you still lost, I call that bad play instead of awful game design.