Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Dota 2 is still in beta?
    It isnt considered beta by the majority, much like Google products (Google only removed beta tag for its gmail when they tried selling it for enterprises). I guess the game will be invite-only for a long time, given its massive popularity leading to huge concurrent users versus limited servers for matches hosting. Of course you can buy the early access pack, its not bad IMO.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2013-02-20 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    When I was in low prior once it was only some hour
    its gone up over time... when I got my invite some time last year it was an hour. People complained because an hour punishment wasn't enough of a punshiment to stop leavers. It when up to 24 hours before the end of the year, and then some time in January it changed to 6 days.

I've never seen those 6 days happen to anyone before, I guess maybe punishment ramps up if you repeatedly abandon games over a period of time.

A day feels more than enough. I don't think anyone would want to get there after that time.

Woah, 6 days? Really? So, if my internet crashes and I get abandon or something and get bumped to low priority, I'm punished for 6 days?
    I'm not sure how much is required to get low prior, but sounds like 6 days can be pretty draconian.
    You get to LP only if you have certain ammount of abandons. I got 4 in 800+ games, all of them because of DCs and I never got to LP, so occasional crash isnt punishing at all. But if you have terrible net and get abandons more often, you shouldnt play in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    You get to LP only if you have certain ammount of abandons. I got 4 in 800+ games, all of them because of DCs and I never got to LP, so occasional crash isnt punishing at all. But if you have terrible net and get abandons more often, you shouldnt play in the first place.
    For all those questioning my 6 day LP..... it started with a net crash that lasted for hours (so no reconnect). After that was in a game... lagged out... and couldn't reconnect, like their was no option, as if the game I was in simply didn't exists.... couldn't find a game for 20 mins, so restarted steam... got back and was instantly placed in the LP pool for 24 hours, played one game where I was able to play all the way through. Ended up playing like shit, got reported by all 9 players... called it a day and did other things... come back the next day to try again..... 6 day LP.

It was a massive shit storm of semi uncontrollable and controllable shit that lead to a huge LP punishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was in low prior once it was only some hour
    How'd YOU end up in LP??? O.O
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    How'd YOU end up in LP??? O.O
    All it takes is a bunch of retards blaming you for the lost game and reporting you. See that very often, one guy has a problem with another one, tells everyone to report him for *made up reason* and poof you have possibly 5-8 reports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    All it takes is a bunch of retards blaming you for the lost game and reporting you. See that very often, one guy has a problem with another one, tells everyone to report him for *made up reason* and poof you have possibly 5-8 reports.
    That's never happened to me, not even when I basically ended up feeding as Meepo that one time :/
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

That's never happened to me, not even when I basically ended up feeding as Meepo that one time :/
    Happens lots in low skill games, not as often in mid or high skill games. Happens most in LP.... as a lot of trolls end up in LP get pissed for whatever reasons, or just to be dicks, blames another person and just starts spamming for the player to be reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Happens lots in low skill games, not as often in mid or high skill games. Happens most in LP.... as a lot of trolls end up in LP get pissed for whatever reasons, or just to be dicks, blames another person and just starts spamming for the player to be reported.
    I still don't understand what possesses people to go out of their way to be asshats in games. Wasn't the point of firing up a game to relax and have fun?

well I did manage to score two low prio's for 6 hours each in a single day.
    aint that sweet

I still don't understand what possesses people to go out of their way to be asshats in games. Wasn't the point of firing up a game to relax and have fun?
    Oh, you have NO idea how focused people are on winning, at any cost.

Anyone they feel is in the way of their victory must feel their wrath. That's usually how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post

Anyone they feel is in the way of their victory must feel their wrath. That's usually how it goes.
    Thats one extreme... the more common one... then theirs the just overly convincing Trolls, using sideways logic that because you didn't go 10-0 with.... drow before 15min, you were feeding and trolling the team and must be reported because "bads like you ruin the game". All coming from a 0/~10/0 dazzle/CM/riki/ insert other low hp hero.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    No you don't. I got LP after my third abandon, out of about 300 games. I doubt 1% abandons is enough to put you in LP. It also lasted the full 24 hours. I had a more recent abandon at a higher ratio that didn't give me any LP at all. It has nothing to do with how often you abandon.
    Last edited by mmoc581146db80; 2013-02-20 at 09:04 PM.

I would agree that bad attitude gets worse at lower MMR...played against LGD today and Spectre on our team says "I give up" at about 15 minutes and proceeds to go...2-15 I think it was? The other 9 of us still had a fun game and no hard feelings were had. Usually when I queue with friends and get dragged down some in MMR the flaming gets worse and worse.

At the same time, I've noticed new players are generally very friendly, to the point of people actually complimenting you on killing them at extremely low MMRs ("wow nice shot"). I would say that rudeness in DotA is probably a bell curve (surprising!) correlated to MMR at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you tell if you are in LP? :-s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post

Despite the fact that flaming people is more or less proven to make them play worse rather than play better? ,:/

Despite the fact that flaming people is more or less proven to make them play worse rather than play better? ,:/
    there is an awful shortage of common sense and logic in this world, which explains almost everything that happens in this world

Deleted
    Did they put techies in yet? Still waiting for that in order to start playing...

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I would agree that bad attitude gets worse at lower MMR...played against LGD today and Spectre on our team says "I give up" at about 15 minutes and proceeds to go...2-15 I think it was? The other 9 of us still had a fun game and no hard feelings were had. Usually when I queue with friends and get dragged down some in MMR the flaming gets worse and worse.

At the same time, I've noticed new players are generally very friendly, to the point of people actually complimenting you on killing them at extremely low MMRs ("wow nice shot"). I would say that rudeness in DotA is probably a bell curve (surprising!) correlated to MMR at this point.
    Pretty much what I've thought too, the rudeness is very common in mid-level games where players take winning too seriously but always put blame on other players and as a result don't improve much. Then they go to forums to tell everyone how MM is broken and they should be diamond but even after a thousand games their teammates always suck too much so they can't get there.

However I've noticed having spectators in a game seems to bring the worst out of some people. Something about anonymity and audience. Had a game some time ago where I had queued with one friend who wasn't very experienced carry player but I had encouraged him to play them anyway, so he picks Drow and goes to lane with someone who randomed Dazzle. Few minutes into the game when there's already some specs in this Dazzle throws a fit because apparently my friend missed some lasthits and proceeds to contest every lasthit and use his heal to farm and permanently keep the lane at enemy tower. By the end of the game there's over a 1000 specs and our Dazzle who built Midas and farmed all game exclaims in allchat about how he only lost because 'this drow' has less farm than him.