Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Less about the rupture more about the high agility eth blast and bloodrage. It would be like buying a dagon except you get the armor and damage out of it, plus the ability to stop people from attacking.
    Thats a really good idea never though of it... would force staff also help. since the eth blast also turn the personal etheral and increases magic damge, I know staff isn't damage, but it s magic, so wouldn't the range of the movement be increased?

Nah, game isn't that complex.

So I kind of fell in love with WR and play her as often as possible (even spent like 50 on here customizing the shit out of her). I've been looking for a good lane partner and was thinking about KotL. Yes their are others, like any hero with a cc/stun/both, but for strait pushing/lane controll I think KotL would be best.

Illuminate+Power shot theoretically could easily clear a creep wave, and with power shot placed right, do significant damage to heroes. Mana wouldn't be an issue for ither hero, and because of the range on both abilities, enemy harass would be almost none existent. In be 4 "Kotl does all that solo", I realize that, i'm just pondering on the effect the combo would have on the game.

personally i think it's overkill. WR's right click is already really good as a harrassment tool. There's also no reliable stun to catch enemy heroes coming in too close.

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    personally i think it's overkill. WR's right click is already really good as a harrassment tool. There's also no reliable stun to catch enemy heroes coming in too close.
    we must have different ideas of Reliable stuns... as I find WR's shackle shot very reliable. For WR positioning is a major part of playing her, so getting a good shackle between 2 heroes or a hero and a tree/creep is ideal, but sometimes just that half second stun is more than enough to punish an overly aggressive enemy hero, or one that comes in too close. This can also be followed up by mana leak, the player would have to choose from staying in range and eating more damage, or running and loosing all mana and getting stunned... which could be followed up by another good shackle shot as it has a low cd, or a PowerShot+Illuminate quick combo for a kill.

Hey guys, is there anyone with a spare Lotus chest that they want to give/trade away?

I got one of the new chests recently, and like an idiot, I bought both a Lotus key and a normal key, thinking "one or the other must open it". Then I read the text on it afterwards... Can't open it yet.

So I'm stuck with a Lotus key, and those Lotus chests go away soon. Was wondering if anyone had one. I'll gladly trade an item for it too, if you wish.

Here's my inventory.
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2013-02-27 at 02:40 PM.

http://navi-gaming.com/news_show.php?news_id=13272
    turns out not as bad as everyone was expecting

i wonder what it means for empire
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-02-27 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    we must have different ideas of Reliable stuns... as I find WR's shackle shot very reliable. For WR positioning is a major part of playing her, so getting a good shackle between 2 heroes or a hero and a tree/creep is ideal, but sometimes just that half second stun is more than enough to punish an overly aggressive enemy hero, or one that comes in too close. This can also be followed up by mana leak, the player would have to choose from staying in range and eating more damage, or running and loosing all mana and getting stunned... which could be followed up by another good shackle shot as it has a low cd, or a PowerShot+Illuminate quick combo for a kill.
    reliable stuns as in nyx, lion, sven, vs, es, sk.... Many heroes can solo this lane and get exp and even gold no problem. You can't have all the levels for both Mana Leak and Illuminate AND Chakra for both kotl and WR. 1 level of mana leak is not gonna set up anything. Even if you manage to hit the shackles, the early level shackles aren't even that long. Sure you can harass with these 2 heroes but you can deny exp and set up kills better with many other hero combinations.
    If you want to use kotl and wr as supports for a trilane (which is also kinda weird), an SD instead would be much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    http://navi-gaming.com/news_show.php?news_id=13272
    turns out as bad as everyone was expecting

i wonder what it means for empire
    Empire is losing Funnik and Navi loses AA... that's rough. Wonder where AA's gonna go.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    reliable stuns as in nyx, lion, sven, vs, es, sk.... Many heroes can solo this lane and get exp and even gold no problem. You can't have all the levels for both Mana Leak and Illuminate AND Chakra for both kotl and WR. 1 level of mana leak is not gonna set up anything. Even if you manage to hit the shackles, the early level shackles aren't even that long. Sure you can harass with these 2 heroes but you can deny exp and set up kills better with many other hero combinations.
    If you want to use kotl and wr as supports for a trilane (which is also kinda weird), an SD instead would be much better.
    so single target stun = reliable... thats news to me. Going Illuminate + Power shot main is what will give lane control. Most builds on ither hero don't pick up the ulty till 10 or 14 any way, so a good amount of points, lets say 2 n 2 for Kotl, and 3 n 1 for WR, will set something up. Also, early game builds include Mana Mask (forget the damn name atm) which will help out enough for the one that doesn't currently need/get chakra.

The deny stregth might be an issue, but the harass is again where the lane is won. If even just 2 illuminate (assuming all Power Shots miss) hits the enemy hero(s) it will be enough to push them back out of xp range, even more so if the power shots hit. Items and farm on both heroes won't be an issue. The first heroes that comes to mind that will at least be able to get some farm done vs this setup is is PA because of the range on dagger, or slark once he hits 6 (increased regen as long as he can't be seen). Squishy ranged will have an extra hard time (voodoo, shadow shaman, clinks, riki, veno), decent HP heros will have less of an issue, but still won't be able to perform as.... "normal".

Deleted
    so single target stun = reliable... thats news to me.
    Reliable stuns are stuns that you can guarantee will hit.
    Examples of reliable stuns: Magic Missile, Adaptive Strike, Storm Bolt, Telekinesis, Primal Roar.

Examples of unreliable stuns: Split Earth, Avalanche, Hoof Stomp, Sacred Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Hey guys, is there anyone with a spare Lotus chest that they want to give/trade away?

I got one of the new chests recently, and like an idiot, I bought both a Lotus key and a normal key, thinking "one or the other must open it". Then I read the text on it afterwards... Can't open it yet.

So I'm stuck with a Lotus key, and those Lotus chests go away soon. Was wondering if anyone had one. I'll gladly trade an item for it too, if you wish.

Here's my inventory.
    I've got like 30 of them if you still need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I've got like 30 of them if you still need one.
    Thanks, but I already got one from someone else.

I wish I could open all of those, but quite frankly, I don't wanna spend 60 euros on keys.

I'm glad they are disappearing out of my inventory. I've received probably near 100 chests total in my play time, Valve is really trying to get me to spend real money on DotA2 which is just never going to happen. Part of me wonders if I get so many chests because they're trying to persuade me.

Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    Reliable stuns are stuns that you can guarantee will hit.
    Examples of reliable stuns: Magic Missile, Adaptive Strike, Storm Bolt, Telekinesis, Primal Roar.

Examples of unreliable stuns: Split Earth, Avalanche, Hoof Stomp, Sacred Arrow.
    If you read Oscars post he lists ES as having a reliable stun, and lion too. I guess if you can "target" the hero and have the stun "hit" its reliable... ether way, under yours and his definition... shackle shot is still reliable. Just has more "positioning" requirement then say Storm Bolt or Magic Missle, but not more so then split earth or avalanche.

Reliable means you can hit it every time at any moment you need it. WR has a reliable stun but it only lasts .1 seconds. In this sense, reliable stun is stun you can automatically calculate into your strategy for fights because it will happen. You can't assume WR will land a shackle or you will set yourself up for some bad fights.

In that case, WR would have something like a "half-reliable" stun, because it always hits, but is not always guaranteed the full duration.

Sort of like Chaos Knight too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reighnman View Post
    If anyone has 2 extra keys can you please PM them to me. Have a few friends that want to try.
    Add dota2bot on steam
    Send it a message on steam saying exactly "give dota"
    Watch as a bot hands you an invite
    Repeat for as many as you need

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    In that case, WR would have something like a "half-reliable" stun, because it always hits, but is not always guaranteed the full duration.

Sort of like Chaos Knight too.
    CK would be reliable because it's always at least 2 seconds. Hell, it's better than Magic Missile in that sense because it has a negligible cooldown. Since the timer is clearly displayed you don't have to worry about screwing up disable chain timing either.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

so single target stun = reliable... thats news to me. Going Illuminate + Power shot main is what will give lane control. Most builds on ither hero don't pick up the ulty till 10 or 14 any way, so a good amount of points, lets say 2 n 2 for Kotl, and 3 n 1 for WR, will set something up. Also, early game builds include Mana Mask (forget the damn name atm) which will help out enough for the one that doesn't currently need/get chakra.

The deny stregth might be an issue, but the harass is again where the lane is won. If even just 2 illuminate (assuming all Power Shots miss) hits the enemy hero(s) it will be enough to push them back out of xp range, even more so if the power shots hit. Items and farm on both heroes won't be an issue. The first heroes that comes to mind that will at least be able to get some farm done vs this setup is is PA because of the range on dagger, or slark once he hits 6 (increased regen as long as he can't be seen). Squishy ranged will have an extra hard time (voodoo, shadow shaman, clinks, riki, veno), decent HP heros will have less of an issue, but still won't be able to perform as.... "normal".
    when did I say single target stun are the only ones reliable? I clearly listed Sven, Nyx, Lion, SK, ES, those are not single target? A .75 second stun is a mini-stun. You know what I mean by reliable stun, don't have to twist things around just for the sake of it.
    Heroes that can pull creep waves like Bear, BH, known solos like DS, Weaver, Clinkz, Puck... Again, the lack of a "reliable stun" is what makes it not that great of a lane for me.
    Last edited by OscaR; 2013-02-27 at 08:38 PM.