Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'm wondering what they think they can possibly do to remake him without fundamentally changing everything about him.
    Nerf Suicide Squad, change Stasis ward to be less silly, remove either of his mine skills and replace it with something useful, change the other to fit most needs of both. Not saying that isn't fundamentally changing everything about him, but I think he should still be slightly closer to something like Engineer of HoN where the mines aren't everything. I doubt the 3 invisible mines thing would transition that well into Dota 2, especially when there's less time at the beginning of a game to go place mines and they probably aren't changing that for just one hero.

And they could just make Camouflage passive on self and Treant would be 100x more fun hero to play.

Edit: Also, according to Purge Skywrath is being remodeled so BB might be next.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-03-17 at 04:24 AM.

Well, this page took a wild tumble into the nether.

New hero this week maybe? A lot of them seem close to being finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Well, this page took a wild tumble into the nether.

New hero this week maybe? A lot of them seem close to being finished.
    Like I mentioned, according to Purge in this thread only BB and Skywrath were playable on Valve internal servers so it's going to be either of them or the crowd favorite, nothing. http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...mander/c8vde0k I miss Bristleback, but I'm afraid people in my MMR range aren't going to be as easy to first blood in the first minute as I remember doing in most BB games.

Also, this picture pretty adequately sums up SingSing's return to the tournament scene http://i.imgur.com/IHSYvgi.jpg?1
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-03-18 at 02:48 PM.

I agree, I'm hoping BB is as strong as he was in DotA but I don't have my hopes up very high.

I agree, I'm hoping BB is as strong as he was in DotA but I don't have my hopes up very high.
    You know, so far all of you guys are praising BB as being some great hero... but from what I saw in dota one... what ever team he was on was damn near always a guaranteed lost as the other 4 usually couldn't make up for how bad BB was doing. In the last legs of dota did they patch him so that he wasn't complete shat?

He runs around at max movespeed and is nearly impossible to kill while he spams a 400 damage AoE every 2 seconds and can also cripplingly slow people and reduces their armor so that he auto attacks them for 250 damage a hit...he's not a bad hero. His early lane phase is his worst part of the game and he's even going to win that against inexperienced enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    You know, so far all of you guys are praising BB as being some great hero... but from what I saw in dota one... what ever team he was on was damn near always a guaranteed lost as the other 4 usually couldn't make up for how bad BB was doing. In the last legs of dota did they patch him so that he wasn't complete shat?
    He can be very underwhelming if he doesn't have his levels and farm, but playing against a decent BB can be very difficult - he's just in your face all the time while his team gets the job done and if you try to kill him he will punish you hard. He basically does exactly what a tank should do by being really hard to kill but too dangerous to ignore. And if your enemies are oblivious to what the hero can do, you can get an easy minute one (double) kill from safe lane just by sneaking in a few stacks of Quills and then diving after them while spamming more Quills. I've probably done that more times than I can count.

He has gotten some buffs in recent versions, none too significant though the Quill Spray AoE cap increase might have some silly results if you can bait enemies to hit your back hard enough for it to be relevant.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-03-18 at 06:36 PM.

Yea, I remember when I was new to dota and went against BB for the first time and was like WTF IS THIS SH1T! Only other hero that gave me worse headache the first time I played against him was huskar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Yea, I remember when I was new to dota and went against BB for the first time and was like WTF IS THIS SH1T! Only other hero that gave me worse headache the first time I played against him was huskar.
    Actually one of my earliest DotA memories is playing BB and being really bad at it =(

10+ Year Old Account
    The moment when watching N0tails stream and Hermanni shows up on the enemy team...

Really good night to see DotA today, Fnatic vs VP BO3, Fnatic vs Digitas BO3(The Defense Lower Bracket Finale) and VP vs NTH BO3.. and you know while we are at then throw in Empire vs Mouz BO3.. Shame I can't see them all live.
    Last edited by Rivenda; 2013-03-20 at 05:20 PM.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    The moment when watching N0tails stream and Hermanni shows up on the enemy team...

Really good night to see DotA today, Fnatic vs VP BO3, Fnatic vs Digitas BO3(The defense final) and VP vs NTH BO3.. and you know while we are at then throw in Empire vs Mouz BO3.. Shame I can't see them all live.
    agreed, I 'd love to see these all live instead of after the fact, when they get all commented to hell. be in the moment and going "why the fuck did he choose that item or to go that build route?" followed by an "oh... I get it now... makes sense".

WAIT, RUBICK JUST SPELLSTOLE STORM BOLT, I BET HE'S GOING TO USE IT-YEP HE USED IT OMG SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL

DotA2 commentors.

Deleted
    WAIT, RUBICK JUST SPELLSTOLE STORM BOLT, I BET HE'S GOING TO USE IT-YEP HE USED IT OMG SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL

DotA2 commentors.
    How are dota2 commentators ?

I don't watch the pro scene expect for the international and there i usually just mute them. I mean I understand already what is happening on the screen and the commentators are well boring, they don't entertain me all that well and are not fun like some sport commentators. Never really got the appeal of having a commentator on game except for the comedic effect.

DotA2 commentors.
    I think you're confusing play by play commentary with analysis.
    Live commentary is supposed to be shallow and obvious so that the viewers can shut off their brains and just enjoy the game. If you're looking for in depth analysis you should look for youtube videos from actual pro players
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

DotA2 commentors.
    Damn you Lysah, I loled hard at that while at work, got some evil stares.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is this game free to play, or is it only available via Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So is this game free to play, or is it only available via Steam?
    Free to play on steam, the game is funded by a in-game store for cosmetic items and custom announcers.

If you want a beta key feel free to add me and i'll send one your way.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lyriok/

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Live commentary is supposed to be shallow and obvious so that the viewers can shut off their brains and just enjoy the game. If you're looking for in depth analysis you should look for youtube videos from actual pro players
    I don't look for anything, I only know vids people have linked me, and they are always full of this garbage. I'm pretty sure it's the live commentary, so I shouldn't be confusing anything, unless I'm misunderstanding your post.

Of course, people also love to link videos of pro players doing incredibly standard stuff, such as using their skills to get a kill. Oh, man, X pro pressed Q and then left clicked the enemy hero! Amazing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    That might be Tobi, but not most. LD/Godz/Luminous all have better knowledge of the game than casters like Tobi, and co-casting with pro players like WinteR is pretty common. You get entertainment while also getting a lot of useful information and on the spot analysis.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I don't look for anything, I only know vids people have linked me, and they are always full of this garbage. I'm pretty sure it's the live commentary, so I shouldn't be confusing anything, unless I'm misunderstanding your post.

Of course, people also love to link videos of pro players doing incredibly standard stuff, such as using their skills to get a kill. Oh, man, X pro pressed Q and then left clicked the enemy hero! Amazing!
    these voice comments are meant to be entertaining, not some in-depth analysis on the fly.
    that is all.