Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    So if I read this right (and this is confusing as fuck, by the way, you ought to fix that), you're going to exploit knowing other peoples' MMR so you can "farm the noob"? I'd specifically call that cheating.
    I want to know what I am capable of, what I have achieved, with thom I play, with whom I can expect to be grouped with.
    How in the flying fuck it is not clear for goddamn Holy Emperors sake?

I want to know, because it's plain bullshit to deny us such information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I want to know what I am capable of, what I have achieved, with thom I play, with whom I can expect to be grouped with.
    How in the flying fuck it is not clear for goddamn Holy Emperors sake?

I want to know, because it's plain bullshit to deny us such information.
    You are capable of what you produce, you have achieved what you can remember, you play with those you can see, and you can expect to be grouped with those around you.

Why is a number necessary to indicate this? You are as good as you are, whether that's by inference or judging from your MMR doesn't change a thing.

You are capable of what you produce, you have achieved what you can remember, you can play with those you can see, and you can expect to be grouped with those around you.

Why is a number necessary to indicate this? You are as good as you are, whether that's by inference or judging from your MMR doesn't change a thing.
    Why strive for knowledge when you can be happy with your pants on your head?

It's like if you said: Why there is such thing as ratings in football/hockey/anyothergame? Any team is capable of what it achieved and is capable of what it produced and can play with those they can see.

Picard is about to have his face palmed.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2013-06-03 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    Why strive for knowledge when you can be happy with your pants on your head?
    If the knowledge I might gain is pointless, I'd prefer the pants. Especially if they're made of nice stuff, have you tried putting tailor-made pants on your head? Feels great.

If the knowledge I might gain is pointless, I'd prefer the pants. Especially if they're made of nice stuff, have you tried putting tailor-made pants on your head? Feels great.
    Well since I chose knowledge, I posess the infinite wisdom of the stars , by which I was bless with sacred and secret gift of holy truth: pants are better used to cover you crotch and manly behind.

See? Knowledge wins.

Deleted
    Well since I chose knowledge, I posess the infinite wisdom of the stars , by which I was bless with sacred and secret gift of holy truth: pants are better used to cover you crotch and manly behind.

See? Knowledge wins.
    All knowledge is not equal.

Knowing arithmetic is not comparable to knowing the exact loot drops of the 3rd boss of Stratholme.

All knowledge is not equal.

Knowing arithmetic is not comparable to knowing the exact loot drops of the 3rd boss of Stratholme.
    So you didn't answer why they deny us this knowledge, nevertheless.

Deleted
    So you didn't answer why they deny us this knowledge, nevertheless.
    I already told you, dickwaving.
    If there's one okay reason not to tell us and no reason to tell us, why would they?

I already told you, dickwaving.
    If there's one okay reason not to tell us and no reason to tell us, why would they?
    And if there is one good reason to tell and to show?

Why would you lead a scoreboard, some kind of points system, when you can be content with what you have and warm silk pants on head?
    What gay logic is behind that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can we not agree that some of us care about it and others don't and leave it at that? Seems a better solution than ending up filling multiple pages of two users bickering with each other.

I'm just saying you know. :P

Deleted
    And if there is one good reason to tell and to show?

Why would you lead a scoreboard, some kind of points system, when you can be content with what you have and warm silk pants on head?
    What gay logic is behind that?
    I'm not sure if you're even attempting to make sense at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Why can we not agree that some of us care about it and others don't and leave it at that? Seems a better solution than ending up filling multiple pages of two users bickering with each other.

I'm just saying you know. :P
    If someone has a decent other subject to go on, sure, but why stop discussion when there's nothing better to do?

I'm not sure if you're even attempting to make sense at this point.

If someone has a decent other subject to go on, sure, but why stop discussion when there's nothing better to do?
    I want to know what my rating is so I can know decent I am, and I want to know how its calculated so I can improve. Does this rating thing take into account improvising, or sticking to your role? Does it consider kda? Cs/deny? Is that enough of a point for you?
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2013-06-03 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    I want to know what my rating so I can know decent I am, and I want know how its calculated so I can improve. Does this rating thing take into account improvising, or sticking to your role? Does it consider kda? Cs/deny? Is that enough of a point for you?
    Why do you want to improve only on the points where MMR rates you? Is it more important to you to be a good player according to the system rather than yourself and your peers? Why does not knowing your current MMR stop you from improving it?

Also, in the order of things presented I'm gonna go with:
    No, no, maybe, no.

Why do you want to improve only on the points where MMR rates you? Is it more important to you to be a good player according to the system rather than yourself and your peers? Why does not knowing your current MMR stop you from improving it?

Also, in the order of things presented I'm gonna go with:
    No, no, maybe, no.
    I want to know how this rating thing works so at least I can choose if I like and stick by it, or to throw it to hell and stick by my own measures. Why are you so hellbent on denying me knowledge or choice?

Deleted
    I want to know how this rating thing works so at least I can choose if I like and stick by it, or to throw it to hell and stick by my own measures. Why are you so hellbent on denying me knowledge or choice?
    Because you're prioritizing meaningless knowledge and pointless choice that could be potentially abused. Just be a better player and your MMR will, most likely, rise. Whether that's by getting more cs, using your lane presence properly, even just learning more about the game. There's no player who's perfect in any area. (Except Lysah)
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2013-06-03 at 12:16 PM.

Because you're prioritizing meaningless knowledge and pointless choice that could be potentially abused. Just be a better player and your MMR will, most likely, rise. Whether that's by getting more cs, using your lane presence properly, even just learning more about the game. There's no player who's perfect in any area. (Except Lysah)
    Who are you to choose what is right and what is wrong for me?
    Stop feeding me these blatant rips about gameplay, stop feeding me with "probably" and "maybe" .

About lysah: Perfection is not a state of being. It's a striving for.

Deleted
    Who are you to choose what is right and what is wrong for me?
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have an anarchist.
    Stop feeding me these blatant rips about gameplay, stop feeding me with "probably" and "maybe" .
    If you become a better player, play ~20 or so games and your MMR doesn't rise, I will eat my hat and throw my computer out of the window.

There's no player who's perfect in any area. (Except Lysah)
    Please, you don't have to lie for me. I'm perfectly accepting of the fact that I'm perfect in every area except play calling. I'd never do well as a team captain.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have an anarchist.
    so refusing to accept your demands and views makes me an anarchist? oisee.

If you become a better player, play ~20 or so games and your MMR doesn't rise, I will eat my hat and throw my computer out of the window.
    If you define "becoming a batter player" and figure out a means to check my current mmr and my future mmr.

Deleted
    so refusing to accept your demands and views makes me an anarchist? oisee.
    No, you just said "choice" like any removal of choice is inherently bad. I was trying to display the absurdities of such views.