Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Armlet sniper mid.
    the what?

I'm not even...

10+ Year Old Account
    Armlet sniper mid. I hate these tutorials, they ruined one of my favorite heroes, now everyone builds him arcane boots or other weird very situational, non gold efficent shit and can't do anything in the game
    I'll be the first to say Armlet is good on damned near any hero, but on Sniper...? Treads, Drums, and Yasha or Maelstrom is all you need. Armlet's really only good for heroes that need to manfight a lot and have the mobility to make armlet toggling a possibility... Sniper is neither of those.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'll be the first to say Armlet is good on damned near any hero, but on Sniper...? Treads, Drums, and Yasha or Maelstrom is all you need. Armlet's really only good for heroes that need to manfight a lot and have the mobility to make armlet toggling a possibility... Sniper is neither of those.
    Well, he said on start of the game: ":me mid pls. :going to rush midas =).". He bought a IAS glove as starter item and salve. Then after 10 minutes passed and after feeding bounty hunter 3 kills (and having no rune control at all), he stated ":I guess it's too late for midas" and (still having only a glove in his bags) he started building armlet.

To be honest, this armlet saved his ass once, when i yelled "ARMLET SNIPER LOL", his ass was pounded by BH and right before shuriken toss hit him he turned on armlet and survived. But after that i haven't seen him turning it on again.

On a bounty hunter note, why so many people keep skipping shuriken? It's a 300 damage nuke and at lvl 7 can eat like 40% of enemy health, all you need is bottle to keep your mana up and get free kills from squishes.

And anyone knows what's the point of collecting player cards? I've already used 10 on my green book and i wan't to know that there will be some kind of reward for this. (In past i had obsession with pokemon sticker albums and i can't resist this urge... to collect all players).

And new Lions face is so cute. He looks like a kitten
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-07-05 at 07:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zehzao View Post
    Are we going to have a map editor for making mods ? :OOO that would be amazing.
    If Valve can make one, there's no real reason they shouldn't. A polished editor would make for some serious game longevity. I guess a problem might be people who don't care about DotA 2 at all and as such probably don't pull in any money playing it but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    that seems rather vague
    What more do you want from a Valve interview?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    the what?

I'm not even...
    I just had one he failed so badly !

Deleted
    Thread still going strong I see.

Anyone watching the Nexon Dota 2 tournament that's going on? Haven't been following pro-scene Dota in a while, was quite surprised to see GOM TV broadcasting Dota.

So, anyone wants to trade items for cards? I have: Funzii (Quantic Gaming), Sockshka(Quantic Gaming), Lanm (RattleSnake), Aui_2000 (Team Dignitas), DD ( LGD Gaming ) and 2 cards of Sansheng (TonFu). I need items for: Doom, Silencer, Necrolyte, Outworld Devourer, Faceless Void, Anti-Mage, Dragon Knight, Centaur Warrunner, Skeleton King.
    If you have items for any of these heroes and you want to trade them for cards, PM me.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 2013-07-07 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thigrai View Post
    The guy who introduced me to LoL gave me a beta key like 2 weeks ago and was like "you're playing this game". For the first week or so i blindly hated on it for no reason and quite frankly didn't enjoy myself. Then i decided to give it a fair shot and so far it's been a blast.

Dota has a lot more active items. Pretty much every summoner spell in LoL can be found on an item in dota. You have healing boots, teleportation boots, mana boots, stat boots and also movement speed boots. There are items that give your team stealth, healing, shields, damage evasion etc. So you often find yourself experimenting with items and that gives you a lot more to explore in the game.

Laning phase is a lot more active in dota. CC lasts a lot longer than League. Many champions have non-ultimate disables that are as long as 4 seconds. This means ganking is very very prevalent.

There is no meta that forces you into specific setups. I've played games where we ran triple-bot and other stuff like double-mid. Junglers aren't required. There are a set amount of good junglers so you usually choose them for their ganking power and not for farming and having another gold pool.

Scaling is a lot more different. There are int, agi and str champions. Auto attacks from mages can deal tons of damage because of the way stats scale so you never find yourself tickling enemies. With a few exceptions abilities don't scale with stats. So mages usually want to get fed early and establish a level advantage.

Micro-managing (assigning hotkeys to stuff like courier and your minions to control them easier) is very hard to get used to at first but it's by no means hard.

Agility heroes scale extremely hard because they get attack speed and damage from agility (int heroes get damage and mana from int, str heroes get health and damage from str) so if you manage to get fed you can pretty much carry hardcore. I'm talking about 2x the carrying power vayne had before nerfs. Yea.

Games are super easy to turn around if you manage to somehow shutdown their carry or if you haven't fed him too much.
    The CC and Stacking with agility make it seem extremely unbalanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    The CC and Stacking with agility make it seem extremely unbalanced.
    Holy shit old quote.

Anyway it works because everyone is OP.
    Kunkka can one-shot an entire team, Io can bring whoever it wants with it anywhere on the map, Doom can completely take casters out of the fight for 15 seconds, WD/Jugg/Luna can press R and have someone die just like that, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Anyway it works because everyone is OP.
    There are a couple of heroes who are very not OP. Like Broodmother, or Drow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I can't call 60% miss orb and agility steroid witn 60% slow as "not OP".

Drow is easy to shut down because of her ult being disabled in melee, but if you have force staff on your team, or you can change position with Lothars, you will be fine. Also, ganking potentian of Drow is very high, because you can't run away from lvl 7 Drow. But you can kill her if she tanks you in melee and tries to kill you without 60 agility boost

On broodmother all i can say is split push. In teamfights i always scream "don't die don't die please don't die" because she strongly relies on her lifesteal from ult. On positive not, you don't need to build damage, because you get it from ult, and you have low CD 225 damage nuke. Also, blocking enemy with spiderlings is priceless.
    And again, her orb makes her very good duel hero, she can rend useless any fed auto-attack hero without BKB.

Personally i find sand king, bond fletcher and leshrac being not OP heroes.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-07-07 at 03:15 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

And yet every time I pick or random Drow against a team with no stealthers, SB or Huskar, in the end of the game they complain about it like I'm a cheater or something.

Deleted
    Drow gets a free 3300 item just by existing and Brood can bring down all 3 towers and rax if you so much as consider leaving the lane. The closest hero to not being "OP" I can think of is CM and that's only because she doesn't even have an ultimate against most matchups.

Deleted
    Personally i find sand king, bond fletcher and leshrac being not OP heroes.
    Give Clinkz a 1v1 matchup with a melee hero, and he wins by orbwalking his 8 mana +50 damage arrows, then goes on to gank every lane with +130 attack speed and a 15min orchid. After about 10 kills to his name, he transitions into a surprisingly hard carry. However, he's one of the hardest heroes to come back from a bad start with, especially if you didn't get a solo lane.

Sand King is probably one of the weakest heroes around right now, since he's a melee support who really needs levels and a bit of farm to be effective.

Leshrac is an extremely effective hero if paired up with a reliable stun (or a decent slow like pre-6.78 N'aix), and can really make life hell for the opposing team if you have good communication with your teammates. He doesn't really work too well with pubs though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, bone is easy to shut down and to deny his farm. I played CM on duo hard against bone couple times, freeze works SO GOOD against him. Same as disarm effect from kotl blind or that sange+evasion item that i build on Omni. But you can get freeze much earlier.

Also, bone has weird attack animation and has no means to interrupt casting (Leon leeching his mana, omnomom)

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Drow gets a free 3300 item just by existing and Brood can bring down all 3 towers and rax if you so much as consider leaving the lane. The closest hero to not being "OP" I can think of is CM and that's only because she doesn't even have an ultimate against most matchups.
    Any hero can bring down all 3 towers and rax if you leave the lane. Pushing against undefended bases sure is difficult.

And Drow doesn't get a free 3300 item by existing, she gets a free 3300 by avoiding team fights. Her ultimate is so easy to turn off she will never be a serious pick until she gets massively reworked. Her turn rate is horrific which makes her very easy to kill in lane, her attack speed and damage are also complete garbage without her ultimate so she can't even CS against most heroes before she hits 6. They need to give her her old ultra-lothars skill back as an ultimate, but they won't because it's basically just vendetta.

CM is sadly a better hero than Drow, even I can admit that now. Even if her ult doesn't do any damage, being able to tag the enemy team with the slow is still more useful than the absolute nothing that Drow gets when someone stands near her.

Sand King has arguably the single best stun in the game, he also has sandstorm which makes him extremely hard to kill in combination with burrow strike. Caustic allows him to dominate pretty much any lane against either enemy melee or enemy ranged squishy heroes. I'm not actually that impressed with his ultimate but it is a good initiation even if it doesn't do much damage.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-07-07 at 10:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ha just shows how much of a massive difference there is between low and high mmr. Drow absolutely destroys low level pubs, only after about 200 wins am i starting to see her get picked a little less. In low level pubs picking a drow is basically seen as cheating, though its the same with PL. There would be many tears if drow got a buff, though i understand that Dota isnt balanced around noobs.

Deleted
    Any hero can bring down all 3 towers and rax if you leave the lane. Pushing against undefended bases sure is difficult.
    Yes because CM will get it in 30 minutes and Brood will get it in 2

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet that Lysah didn't finished new training =P, because pushing two towers on mid as Zeus is fucking horrible experience. The fastest hero to make this 10 wins is warlock, because of ult. You get 6, you bring down two towers. That's it.

Oh, and sadly, i can't remember "old ultra-lothars skill" of Drow. I remember her having slow shots, aura, silence and ult that gave her chance to one-shot creep. Can anyone clarify what is this?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-07-07 at 11:52 AM.

I bet that Lysah didn't finished new training =P, because pushing two towers on mid as Zeus is fucking horrible experience. The fastest hero to make this 10 wins is warlock, because of ult. You get 6, you bring down two towers. That's it.

Oh, and sadly, i can't remember "old ultra-lothars skill" of Drow. I remember her having slow shots, aura, silence and ult that gave her chance to one-shot creep. Can anyone clarify what is this?
    Nah, probably never going to do it.

Drow from a really long time ago had windwalk as one of her skills. It was basically the same as Clinkz's current windwalk but at one point it also gave her backstab damage on top of the 40% movespeed and low cooldown.

@Zefie
    Yes, every hero can be OP if you give them extremely specific situations in which they excel at doing whatever it is they do. Drow is OP when there aren't heroes on the enemy team. Am I doin' it right?
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-07-07 at 12:28 PM.