Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    If you are a new player for the love of God don't pick Chen, he still makes me cry.
    Haha :d this.

In ar i only repick 2 heroes meepo and chen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daraiki View Post
    Why not?
    Even if you don't know how to micro, a chen is still useful at the beginner level even if you only attack with the creeps and completely ignore their abilities.
    You're still pretty much gonna hit a brick wall once you get to the point where blindly rightclicking doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    Haha :d this.

In ar i only repick 2 heroes meepo and chen
    I don't even repick Meepo he's pretty easy to play since people just underestimate poof damage and die.
    Chen just makes me...completely confused.

Deleted
    You're still pretty much gonna hit a brick wall once you get to the point where blindly rightclicking doesn't work.
    By that time you will learn the basics of the game and what chen's role is in the team, his weaknesses and strengthens. After that you can focus on improving your micro. The brick wall you speak of can easily be shattered.

Get a good lane partner and enjoy your 360 damage pure nuke.
    And what if you don't choose who to play with? What if your lane partner has no means to setup a healnuke for you agains a ranged hero? Will you still try to do that? Anyway, even if casting those heal + repel to save your carry for some reason means you'll be killed, I still think you have to do that. Unless you are the main carry of your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin456 View Post
    Best thing to do is stay in the lane and help your carry get farm. If people in the other lane die more than twice, helpfully suggest that they stay a bit further back. If they rage at you, or ignore you and keep farming, report them and move on. All through this, your carry will be farming, and if they're not bad (and the enemy team doesn't get so fat off the other lane that they can walk under your tower and laugh at you for a short while before casually one-shotting you with a single auto), you should at least have a fighting chance.
    That's what I thought. Sadly, it rarely works if the other lane feeds really hard.
    As for reports - I save mine for people that cuss and call other people names. There are way too many players that don't know it's better to stay calm and constructive instead of raging. They should learn the lesson.

Attention all Dota 2 newcomers!!!

When you start playing, everyone will tell you to pick support. Don't. Just pick whatever you like, whatever the fuck you like. You will grow as a person and learn the game a lot faster.

A good rule of thumb is, playing carry makes you a better support.
    Playing support to please others will make you miserable in the long run.
    Playing only 1 or 2 roles will NOT make you a better player.
    Playing alone doesn't make you better. Playing against better players makes you better.
    Playing pubs doesn't make you better.
    Wathcing pros makes you better.

I know a guy who has played support for 2000 games. He can't play anything else. He can't last hit, and because he has never played carry himself, he has NO idea what the carry actually wants from him.

Newcomers, PLAY WHATEVER YOU THINK IS FUN, don't pick support because your elitist friends tell you you have to. Been there done that, doesn't work. (I was the elitist cunt btw, so I'm not biased)
    Last edited by pucGG; 2013-07-10 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    Out of those two roles which one is easiest to get into but hard to master, I like that type of gameplay.
    I'd pick supports like Lion, Lich, Bane, etc. IMO, playing junglers requires some knowledge of the game. Without it you'll either miss teamfights or hurt your farm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowingInTheDark View Post
    And what if you don't choose who to play with? What if your lane partner has no means to setup a healnuke for you agains a ranged hero? Will you still try to do that?
    Well no, but my entire point is that if you can't, he's not gonna do much in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingInTheDark View Post
    Anyway, even if casting those heal + repel to save your carry for some reason means you'll be killed, I still think you have to do that. Unless you are the main carry of your team.
    I just think there are way better picks to make if you want to keep your carry safe.

I just think there are way better picks to make if you want to keep your carry safe.
    Agree. Like I said, I only pick Omni if the opposing team relies on physical damage heavily. Seeing a farmed red Sven being absolutely useless in a team fight is amusing.

I don't even repick Meepo he's pretty easy to play since people just underestimate poof damage and die.
    Chen just makes me...completely confused.
    i dont really like the "idea" of meepo (from gameplay perspective, hes fun hero to watch) so i dont even have keybinds for control groups, for enigma ench etc. i use tab to next unit

but yeah i have no idea what to do on chen + micro problems
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-07-10 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Hopefully this means they will speed up the process of getting all of the "normal" heroes into the game now...
    If anything it means they can release them slower because the game is "finished" now

Deleted
    I have played about 60 hours total now and the heros I have most fun with are Disruptor and Crystal Maiden. Anyway, is it just me or does anyone else tunnelvision like crazy in teamfights? I always look on an enemy hero and observe everything he does, and then I realised I was dead. :/ I always have a hard time seeing where I am during intense fights.

Is this a normal thing for noobs?

Deleted
    cm solo queue 42min wait time ongoing...lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 2euphoric4me View Post
    I have played about 60 hours total now and the heros I have most fun with are Disruptor and Crystal Maiden. Anyway, is it just me or does anyone else tunnelvision like crazy in teamfights? I always look on an enemy hero and observe everything he does, and then I realised I was dead. :/ I always have a hard time seeing where I am during intense fights.

If you're playing CM you will be dead most of the time no matter how good you are

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    cm solo queue
    lel

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah it is, I did this when I started playing, I have around 300 wins and over 1000 hours, and you'll learn in time, all the juking, whom to focus on, who the initiators are etc... if enemy heroes are pounding on your support, you would generally bash the shit out of them, so your support doesn't die... and all sorts of things

Crystal Maiden dies very fast. As previously stated unless you truly know what you're doing.

ALSO! IS ANYONE ELSE ABLE TO PLAY OR ARE THE SERVERS DOWN?

EDIT: don't worry, fixed it.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2013-07-10 at 09:56 PM.

ded gem volvo disband

wait

Last edited by Finear; 2013-07-10 at 10:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    If you're playing CM you will be dead most of the time no matter how good you are

lel
    does that not work?if so why is its silly that it's possible to try it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    does that not work?if so why is its silly that it's possible to try it
    It works but nobody plays solo queue cm

3000+ hours in and I still get the occasional "wait what the fuck happened in that fight" every ten games or so

it gets better, and the only way you can really practice it is to play more team fights

it's a hard time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    3000+ hours in and I still get the occasional "wait what the fuck happened in that fight" every ten games or so

it gets better, and the only way you can really practice it is to play more team fights

it's a hard time
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    Yeah it is, I did this when I started playing, I have around 300 wins and over 1000 hours, and you'll learn in time, all the juking, whom to focus on, who the initiators are etc... if enemy heroes are pounding on your support, you would generally bash the shit out of them, so your support doesn't die... and all sorts of things

Crystal Maiden dies very fast. As previously stated unless you truly know what you're doing.
    Thanks that's kinda relieving to hear, and yeah she seems squishy but I like her ganking capabilities aswell as teamfights. Disruptor is cool too but it's hard to get a good kinetic field going, especially with more than 1 target.

ded gem volvo disband

wait

http://i.imgur.com/bB1Qt8Al.jpg
    Holy shit that guy looks awesome. O.o Edit: actually I don't like the horn on the helmet, but whatevs.
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-07-10 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    ded gem volvo disband

wait

when is this hero comin out