It works like every other stance in the game, such as Juggernaut changing how he holds his sword when enemies are near, which is to say it only works on visible enemies that aren't hiding in fog.

Deleted
    Does anyone else have their client update stop at 15%?

Edit: Nevermind, it started again. Abaddon time!
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-07-12 at 09:08 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever tried abaddon, any good builds yet? hoping to try him out if people dont pick him first :C

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Whoever tried abaddon, any good builds yet? hoping to try him out if people dont pick him first :C
    Highest rated guide on playdota.

Looks alright I guess.

That guide is awful. Please never, ever, ever play Abaddon as a support hero. Frostmourne is one of the best passives in the game, you need to be using it. You should almost always be shielding yourself and soaking damage for your team with that + your ultimate, you only shield allies if they're getting focused or you need to clear their debuffs. Abaddon is the sort of hero who should be right clicking his enemies as early as level 2 and should never stop right clicking them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Frostmourne is one of the best passives in the game, you need to be using it. .
    Since when do you need to not be support to rightclick someone.

Deleted
    Is it officially launched now?
    Is it f2p?

Also... what's their website? I never understood megathreads without having link to game website in first post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Is it officially launched now?
    Is it f2p?
    Yes
    Also... what's their website? I never understood megathreads without having link to game website in first post
    blog.dota2.com

Abaddon's ult seems OP right now. I tried this hero yesterday. Was farming jungle and got caught by Bane's ult, while Weaver and BH started pummeling me. At 400 HP my ult triggered and I just ran away, since those guys simply couldn't finish me and my team was on its way to assist. There's no way I'd survive this gank on any other hero.

Another weird thing about this ult is that people know Abaddon can't be bursted down fast, so nobody even bothered attacking me in team fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowingInTheDark View Post
    Abaddon's ult seems OP right now. I tried this hero yesterday. Was farming jungle and got caught by Bane's ult, while Weaver and BH started pummeling me. At 400 HP my ult triggered and I just ran away, since those guys simply couldn't finish me and my team was on its way to assist. There's no way I'd survive this gank on any other hero.

Another weird thing about this ult is that people know Abaddon can't be bursted down fast, so nobody even bothered attacking me in team fights.
    Purge>abaddon.
    honestly, bane should sleep you when at 400 hp, wait for sleep to wear off, and finish you.

He is very good support, but easily countered. Shield+heal gives great sustain on lane in early and mid game while his passive helps to secure ganks and increases damage for hyper-carry heroes
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    How long is the wait to download the game? How long have you waited?
    Got a position 22905 it says on steam.
    Reason Im asking, the wait is suppose to be short... is it short as in an hour? Or short as in.... dont count on playing this weekend?
    Wondering if there is any idea to invite friends over for LAN to check game out
    what do you say?

Deleted
    How long is the wait to download the game? How long have you waited?
    Got a position 22905 it says on steam.
    Reason Im asking, the wait is suppose to be short... is it short as in an hour? Or short as in.... dont count on playing this weekend?
    Wondering if there is any idea to invite friends over for LAN to check game out
    what do you say?
    All I know is some guy was at position 2800 or something and got in after an hour.
    They probably invite in waves though so I dunno.

Deleted
    Ok, hard to find any info about it. And does the position on steam update somehow? I still got same number, but at least one soul must have finished downloading by now, or?
    8 hours wait, might be too late for IRL-lan, might have to do it on skype then :/

I like how every time they import a hero everyone acts like a new hero that no one has ever seen before.

Abaddon plays as always, tanky-initiating right clicker with support skills for early game.

Now, where is my techies?!

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Now, where is my techies?!
    Techies have been cancelled. Permanently. I'm sorry, but it's for the best of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Since when do you need to not be support to rightclick someone.
    Yeah, go smack people for 20 damage and see how useful you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Techies have been cancelled. Permanently. I'm sorry, but it's for the best of everyone.
    No >_>

There is concept art of him, so he is coming, last it seems but coming!

Best hero ever, or well best hero to carry horrible players to win because the other side horrible players dont have the brain to counter techies properly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Yeah, go smack people for 20 damage and see how useful you are.
    The buff applies to any attacker so it doesn't really matter as long as someone is building damage. The only real wasted skill is your ulti because you're not worth focusing.

"don't play a very strong defensive tri lane hero as support"

I'm lovin these Lysahisms, they never stop

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    "don't play a very strong defensive tri lane hero as support"

I'm lovin these Lysahisms, they never stop
    I'm loving how seriously you take them. What's the success rate for defensive trilanes in pubs again, 2 per cent?